Madden Xtreme DB Editor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Madden NFL DB Editor 2019

Postby RevanFan » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:56 pm

elguapo wrote:
mike9472 wrote:Is this for Windows 7 and up? I keep getting an error that it's not a valid Win32 program. Your original version (1.0 ?) ran fine on Windows XP.

I used win7 32bit and it runs just fine. Try downloading it again, it may corrupted during download. If

I can try it on XP in a VM if you want a second opinion.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Sponsor

Sponsor

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:35 pm

RevanFan wrote:
elguapo wrote:
mike9472 wrote:Is this for Windows 7 and up? I keep getting an error that it's not a valid Win32 program. Your original version (1.0 ?) ran fine on Windows XP.

I used win7 32bit and it runs just fine. Try downloading it again, it may corrupted during download. If

I can try it on XP in a VM if you want a second opinion.

I'll second what mike9472 said. The first release works ok on XP. The next releases give not a valid Win32 program error.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:22 am

If you guys can give me input on wether the DB works on Windows 10 also.

I upgraded my version of the C# language which solved the Windows 10 error and that might be the reason why the DB editor doesn't work on XP. Luckily tho I still have the old C# language and I will compile the DB editor and see if that works for XP systems

One of my visions for the DB is to have it create a franchise file by loading a roster file without going through Madden.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:35 am

elguapo wrote:If you guys can give me input on wether the DB works on Windows 10 also.

I upgraded my version of the C# language which solved the Windows 10 error and that might be the reason why the DB editor doesn't work on XP. Luckily tho I still have the old C# language and I will compile the DB editor and see if that works for XP systems

One of my visions for the DB is to have it create a franchise file by loading a roster file without going through Madden.

Windows 10 v1803, 64-bit. Can confirm it's working perfectly.
My Cowboys Journal

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:51 am

RevanFan wrote:Windows 10 v1803, 64-bit. Can confirm it's working perfectly.

Great!

Here is the DB editor compiled with the old C# language. If it works for XP systems I'll add it to the first post.
MDB19v1.8XP.7z
(683.51 KiB) Downloaded 131 times

mike9472
MVP

Postby mike9472 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:58 am

elguapo wrote:Here is the DB editor compiled with the old C# language. If it works for XP systems I'll add it to the first post.
MDB19v1.8XP.7z

Avast detects it as a virus so you have to add the exclusion. Other than that, works great with XP Pro 32bit.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:34 pm

So you need different versions of it to use it on 32-bit vs 64-bit? How strange.

Are you going to compile both versions when you have future updates, or only keep supporting 64-bit. I'd only support 64-bit moving forward, but I'm not the one developing the program. Probably a good thing too haha. My Python sucks, I can't remember Perl, and I've never studied C#.
My Cowboys Journal

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:34 pm

mike9472 wrote:
elguapo wrote:Here is the DB editor compiled with the old C# language. If it works for XP systems I'll add it to the first post.
MDB19v1.8XP.7z

Avast detects it as a virus so you have to add the exclusion. Other than that, works great with XP Pro 32bit.

Glad it worked for you.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:52 pm

RevanFan wrote:So you need different versions of it to use it on 32-bit vs 64-bit? How strange.

Are you going to compile both versions when you have future updates, or only keep supporting 64-bit. I'd only support 64-bit moving forward, but I'm not the one developing the program. Probably a good thing too haha. My Python sucks, I can't remember Perl, and I've never studied C#.

I don't know the deal with the C# language but both versions work for me on a 32bit Windows 7 system.

I may do both versions by request for members like Mike who are senior active members of the community.

I had no clue of the C# sharp language either and here I am writing some code. Stingray has helped with the language and a little bit of my former knowledge of Pascal might be giving me an edge on anyone else trying to learn C#. I can guarantee however that if you dedicate some time trying to learn it, you will eventually learn it.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:26 pm

elguapo wrote:
RevanFan wrote:So you need different versions of it to use it on 32-bit vs 64-bit? How strange.

I don't know the deal with the C# language but both versions work for me on a 32bit Windows 7 system.

I may do both versions by request for members like Mike who are senior active members of the community.

I had no clue of the C# sharp language either and here I am writing some code. Stingray has helped with the language and a little bit of my former knowledge of Pascal might be giving me an edge on anyone else trying to learn C#. I can guarantee however that if you dedicate some time trying to learn it, you will eventually learn it.

I was thinking of starting with Python, as I'm interested in one day getting a job as a junior network administrator, potentially moving up to a senior position, and Python seems to be fairly actively used in that field.
My Cowboys Journal

Return to “Utilities”