Madden Xtreme DB Editor

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Re: Madden NFL DB Editor 2019

Postby elguapo » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:17 pm

sarcasticface wrote:Could you also add the search function? I used that a lot.

Have you tried the "DataGrid" tab? Use it as a search engine, click on a field name to toggle between sorting the column in ascending or descending order.

Currently the datagrid has no other function but to sort. Will look into making it the default editor grid meaning you can make changes but clicking on the cell just like in a spreadsheet.

Sponsor

Sponsor

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:35 pm

Seems to work well with Madden 19 Playbook DB files pulled via Frosty. Definitely like the Import/Export CSV function.

Excellent work elguapo
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:06 pm

trey31 wrote:Seems to work well with Madden 19 Playbook DB files pulled via Frosty. Definitely like the Import/Export CSV function.

Excellent work elguapo

Thank you sir.

Hope it is useful to you. I did see your GUI sample. Does the DB editor work fine to edit playbooks or would something like your GUI sample be better? I could add a tab for playbook editing with your GUI sample, time allowing tho and no promises.

Would those fields you listed be the only ones necessary to edit playbooks because there are fields in different tables.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:27 am

elguapo wrote:
trey31 wrote:Seems to work well with Madden 19 Playbook DB files pulled via Frosty. Definitely like the Import/Export CSV function.

Excellent work elguapo

Thank you sir.

Hope it is useful to you. I did see your GUI sample. Does the DB editor work fine to edit playbooks or would something like your GUI sample be better? I could add a tab for playbook editing with your GUI sample, time allowing tho and no promises.

Would those fields you listed be the only ones necessary to edit playbooks because there are fields in different tables.

Oh wow that would be amazing! I've been googling Excel GUI's and it's quite a process plus requires exporting/importing, and I think sorting csv data would screw up the import.

I think those values on the basic GUI would work, probably a cell for "vpos" as well to change the highlighted/targeted receiver wouldn't hurt.

Would it be possible to have SETL, PBPL, and for sure PLYS sortable by name and/or value? Like you can under the DataGrid tab? And I don't know how to describe exactly what I mean, but in my head that GUI layout would load all the SETL info in the first cell (just the SETL column and name column, I don't think we'd need MOTN, CLAS, SETT, SITT, etc.), then clicking on one Formation/SETL value would then populate the second cell (PBPL) with only the PBPL values that match the first cell's SETL (just the SETL, PLYL, and name columns in PBPL)?

So clicking on "SETL 825 | Bunch Ace" in the first cell, would then populate cell two with "SETL 825 | PLYT 18459 | Toss Crack" and only the other PLYL's that correspond with SETL 825? We wouldn't need the third cell for PLYS. Then the small cells populate based on the PLYL that is clicked in the second cell (PBPL); PSAL, ARTL, PLRR, and poso cells would populate from the PLYS table with that PLYL value (PSAL, ARTL, and PLRR after clicking on poso). PLYT and vpos cells from PBPL with that PLYL value. And also "hole" from PLRD with that PLYL value.

Does any of that make sense? As is, jumping back and forth between tabs and scrolling is a major chore. If you could get that info from the DB to populate in just one tab... it would be an absolute godsend.

Also, StingRay's Madden 19 BGFE Editor works for replacing Playart too, according to bep713
yup i think that new editor is the ticket - if you load the playart ast in it the ID looks like the PLYL!
but id need to test it
it is
thats awesome

So that's a major breakthrough for getting custom playbooks with the correct art in-game. This could be a complete game changer.
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:50 am

Version 1.5 is up on the first post.

You can now edit db files using the Datagrid tab. Please read the extra info regarding the use of the Datagrid under the "New Features" on the first post.

Shortcut keys added.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:49 am

elguapo wrote:Version 1.5 is up on the first post.

You can now edit db files using the Datagrid tab.

Awesome work!!

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:38 pm

trey31 wrote:Awesome work!!

Thank you. I wanted to make more tests and fix that import bug before I added new features to the DB editor.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:40 pm

Version 1.8 is up on the first post.

Fixed an IMPORT bug, added right click add/delete of records and added support to still edit TABLES with unsupported field types (usft).

mike9472
MVP

Postby mike9472 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:49 pm

Is this for Windows 7 and up? I keep getting an error that it's not a valid Win32 program. Your original version (1.0 ?) ran fine on Windows XP.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:19 pm

mike9472 wrote:Is this for Windows 7 and up? I keep getting an error that it's not a valid Win32 program. Your original version (1.0 ?) ran fine on Windows XP.

I used win7 32bit and it runs just fine. Try downloading it again, it may corrupted during download. If

Return to “Utilities”