Jose21crisis' Attribute Research

Sliders, settings and other adjustments to make the game more realistic.
PatriotFan90
Veteran

Re: Jose21crisis' Attribute Research

Postby PatriotFan90 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:07 pm

jose21crisis wrote:
PatriotFan90 wrote:So, I'm kinda confused, and slightly perturbed now.

I had read the stuff by the person (trey31 IIRC); it basically said the only stats that make any real difference were speed, acceleration, awareness, stamina, and injury. Now, intuitively, this doesn't make sense, but I thought I'd give it a shot with my new Dolphins franchise. I started building the defense with this in mind, and now have about 50% of the defense done.

Now, I see this...

Ahhhhhhhhh!

What gives?

Before I read trey31's stuff, my plan was to have two HBs who are good for passing offenses (for example, Antonio Pittman and Lorenzo Booker), a HB who is basically an extra WR (I like to have a crap ton of receivers), and then two FBs. One FB would be an H-back type of player, and one would be a power runner with high strength and break tackle for power running situations.

Yeah, I also read trey31's research. I don't entirely feel it is true on every aspect. Trey's post partially inspired this whole series, and it inspired the "How Awareness impacts Man Coverage" post as well. I would still recommend you get that power running FB with high Break Tackle and high Strength if possible. And make sure he is a big guy as well. Testing shows they consistently fall forward and prefer Trucking animations as opposed to elusive animations.

Thank you for the quick response!

Sounds good. I'm gonna give it a shot!

Sponsor

Sponsor

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:47 pm

I also have found that if use certain players (like TJ Watt) in certain 3-4 base schemes where he is one of the edge rushers. He beats his man faster going up against better RTs. If fact may last season that I played he (LOLB) recorded 16 sacks while Dupree (ROLB)recorded 12. Something to think about..Some of the best LOLB in Madden ..K.Greene, R.Jackson,V.Miller, Kerrigan,Watt, and K.Mack all play the LOLB.. Same as RDT and RE..are the best pass rushers..
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

PatriotFan90
Veteran

Postby PatriotFan90 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:30 pm

BUS36 wrote:I also have found that if use certain players (like TJ Watt) in certain 3-4 base schemes where he is one of the edge rushers. He beats his man faster going up against better RTs. If fact may last season that I played he (LOLB) recorded 16 sacks while Dupree (ROLB)recorded 12. Something to think about..Some of the best LOLB in Madden ..K.Greene, R.Jackson,V.Miller, Kerrigan,Watt, and K.Mack all play the LOLB.. Same as RDT and RE..are the best pass rushers..

I saw a thread on here recently that discussed the disparity between left and right pass rushing success

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:54 pm

PatriotFan90 wrote:
BUS36 wrote:I also have found that if use certain players (like TJ Watt) in certain 3-4 base schemes where he is one of the edge rushers. He beats his man faster going up against better RTs. If fact may last season that I played he (LOLB) recorded 16 sacks while Dupree (ROLB)recorded 12. Something to think about..Some of the best LOLB in Madden ..K.Greene, R.Jackson,V.Miller, Kerrigan,Watt, and K.Mack all play the LOLB.. Same as RDT and RE..are the best pass rushers..

I saw a thread on here recently that discussed the disparity between left and right pass rushing success

Generally, Right Tackles in this game tend to be worse pass blockers than Left Tackles. They don't seem to engage in a block as consistently.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:31 pm

I meant to say the Best DL that pass rush are the LE and LDT ( Steelers had Mean Joe and LC Greenwood on the same side,.. also the Eagles with Reggie White)..those 4-3 Defensive Linemen had the best sack numbers)
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

What do Player Tendencies do?

Postby jose21crisis » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:24 pm

So, we know that "Scrambling" QBs like to scramble at the first sign of a running lane or pressure, "Pocket Passer" QBs hate scrambling, and won't run out unless they step up in the pocket too much and cross the LOS, and "Balanced" QBs will scramble after about 5 seconds with no one open. That's a clearly visible player tendency. However, what happens for all other positions? What effects has Player Tendencies? Do "Power" HBs prefer North-South running instead of cutting back outside? Do "Speed" HBs jump outside of the tackle box at the first sign of troubles? Does it have to do with playcalling? More "Speed" WRs mean more vertical routes, and more "Possession" WRs mean shorter routes?
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:23 pm

What I think is that on QBs.. 80% of the QBs are "BALANCED"..even guys like Roethlisberger & Wilson who are listed as "SCRAMBLING" are more "BALANCED"....RBs that have a high Acceleration and Break Tackles are the ones who run inside better than outside. But if called on a tosses and sweeps once they get to the outside they accelerate and are hard to tackle.
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

Raston
MVP

Postby Raston » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:58 pm

BUS36 wrote:What I think is that on QBs.. 80% of the QBs are "BALANCED"..even guys like Roethlisberger & Wilson who are listed as "SCRAMBLING" are more "BALANCED"....RBs that have a high Acceleration and Break Tackles are the ones who run inside better than outside. But if called on a tosses and sweeps once they get to the outside they accelerate and are hard to tackle.

The deciding factors for determining Scrambling, Balanced, etc., are probably hard coded. It would be great if we could edit those features and others like INT's where the LB's, FS's, and SS's have unreasonably high season totals and the CB's have low totals. Then you have the teams loading up on QB's and Kickers unreasonably too. Then there is the OL being rewarded for knockdowns over sacks.

Jose, your speed calculation where you came up with an 84 for a 4.51 time was pretty close to the 2011 or so Madden rating method. Currently that time comes to an 89 SPD but back then it was 86. The ratings for SPD, ACC, etc., have gotten higher over the years it appears. I do believe that increasing the speed for offensive linemen as it is today should remain since it helps in end runs. I also give my linemen a few more points AWE than what EA gives.

US2NZ
Rookie

Postby US2NZ » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:17 am

Firstly, thank you to everyone who has contributed to this thread, especially the original poster. It's been a revelation to me as I try to edit rosters and get historically realistic players. I've got a lot of work to do, obviously.

One question asked by another poster but not answered that I could see: does toughness affect anything other than injury duration?

Cheers

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:57 pm

US2NZ wrote:Firstly, thank you to everyone who has contributed to this thread, especially the original poster. It's been a revelation to me as I try to edit rosters and get historically realistic players. I've got a lot of work to do, obviously.

One question asked by another poster but not answered that I could see: does toughness affect anything other than injury duration?

Cheers

About Toughness, I have not seen any noticeable effect that toughness has over gameplay other than injury duration. Doesn't seem to affect any animations. Receivers with high Toughness still drop passes in traffic. So ... yeah ... only injury duration.
Semper fi

Return to “Sliders and adjustments”