Uniforms in Frosty Editor?

Modifying Madden 19
LOBBS
All-Pro

Postby LOBBS » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:18 pm

Man, the files are way different for M19. I was finally able to poke around last night with Frosty for the first time. I was able to find the number and font slices which confirmed to me that the red and gold that EA chose for the Chiefs is way washed out. I couldn't find the jerseys, pants, etc. to save my life though.

Can't wait to get these in M19.

It's my understanding that Frosty works much like TexMod in that if I choose not to run the new uniforms it'll revert to the built-in Madden images? That will easily allow me to use the current Chiefs uniforms as "throwbacks" in my franchise if so.

Sponsor

Sponsor

LOBBS
All-Pro

Re: Uniforms in Frosty Editor?

Postby LOBBS » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:36 am

NVM. I drilled down into the sub folders without actually noticing that it pulled up files when you just clicked on the folders marked by the years. These are layed out way differently than M08's files. It appears there are three image files for each jerseys and pants. A "flat" colored part for the design, a bump map and a layer that applies the texture.

So, in my case to do my custom Chiefs unis I'd be best off using the alt blu 2017 Lions jersey since it doesn't have any stripe on the sleeves or other patches otjer than the Nike swooshes. Basically it's the "cleanest" jersey in M19. I'd just then have to figure out how to add the "Chiefs" font mark to the bump map and rsm texture file that I have under the collar of the jersey. The 2018 Titans use the exact same pants as far as seams go to what the Chiefs use with the exception of a couple of extra seams across the thigh stripe for the patch of color they use that is similar to the stripe I have in my custom uniforms. The helmet files are another weird one. The decals are in the image texture but it is pulling in the base color for the helmet and the facemask from somewhere else. I don't have a clue how to do that yet. I'm using a slightly bigger decal on my custom uniforms than the Chiefs currently use and they are tipped slightly in the M19 files. I'm not sure why about that either.

Oh well, at least I know where I'm starting now to get them into M19.

bctrackboi11
Veteran

Postby bctrackboi11 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:40 pm

What file path did you find the uniforms in? I'm still trying to find them myself.

33teams
Pro Bowl

Postby 33teams » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:01 am

bctrackboi11 wrote:What file path did you find the uniforms in? I'm still trying to find them myself.

You have two possibilities to search for them with Frosty Editor:
1) Write the word UNIFORMS in the Filter bar, located to the left of the Frosty Editor and you will exit the CONTENT item on which to click to open all the sub-path: content / characters / player / parts / uniforms >> name of the teams;
2) Or directly run, to the left of Frosty Editor, the path: content / characters / player / parts / uniforms >> name of the teams;

Return to “Modding”