Is it worth it?

Footballlover
Veteran

Is it worth it?

Postby Footballlover » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:33 pm

I love the videos I have seen for 19. Im hoping game plays good. Has to be better than 08. So with the mods is it worth getting a new pc?

Is it worth it?

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Is it worth it?

Postby RevanFan » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:55 am

Footballlover wrote:I love the videos I have seen for 19. Im hoping game plays good. Has to be better than 08. So with the mods is it worth getting a new pc?

I honestly don't think the gameplay is much better than 08. It is, don't get me wrong, but not by much. The graphics are far better, naturally.

I don't think any sports game is worth $60 other than MLB The Show 18, personally, but Aaron Judge goes a long way haha.

As for getting a new PC just for Madden? I'd say don't get a new PC for Madden, get a new PC to improve your overall computing experience. Especially if Madden isn't the only game you play. And I, of course, fully recommend buying the parts individually and building it yourself. A very rewarding experience.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Raston
MVP

Postby Raston » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:35 pm

RevanFan: I don't think any sports game is worth $60 other than MLB The Show 18

You haven't played World of Warships then where premium ships can cost $60 or more. :o

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:54 pm

Raston wrote:
RevanFan: I don't think any sports game is worth $60 other than MLB The Show 18

You haven't played World of Warships then where premium ships can cost $60 or more. :o

Well, I specifically said "sports" games. However, I still wouldn't play a game like World of Warships. I like to play games that are full, complete packages for the price. That, sadly, is a number of games growing smaller by the day, but they are still out there.
My Cowboys Journal

Raston
MVP

Postby Raston » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:16 am

My mistake. I am the same way but you just don't see games like that much anymore where you buy the complete package and don't purchase add-ons or premium packages later. You don't have to buy the ships you can work your way up the ship tree.

victoryphoenix
Rookie

Postby victoryphoenix » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:53 pm

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEFZAN ... 0dBF9SuZZw

These are complete games - 15 minute quarters if you want to see what 19 looks like.

eal
Pro Bowl

Postby eal » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:54 pm

I do think the game is worth it. I find the game play much better. I love the variation in the types of throws QBs can make, and the graphics work much better.

mike9472
MVP

Postby mike9472 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:54 pm

Played it for the first time at my friends house. Looks like a million bucks but plays like a 2 cent piece of crap. What's up with the "real player motion"?! The Bears o-line opened up a huge hole up the gut for Jordan Howard to run through. I hit the the left stick straight up and all he did was stumble around for a 2 yard gain. What, he can't run straight ?! All I could think about was the Humpty Dance by Digital Underground.

"First I limp to the side like my leg was broken
Shakin' and twitchin' kinda like I was smokin'
Crazy wack funky
People say ya look like M.C. Hammer on crack, Humpty
"

I'll stick with Madden 08, it might not look as good but it's plays wayyyyyy better.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:32 pm

mike9472 wrote:Played it for the first time at my friends house. Looks like a million bucks but plays like a 2 cent piece of crap. What's up with the "real player motion"?! The Bears o-line opened up a huge hole up the gut for Jordan Howard to run through. I hit the the left stick straight up and all he did was stumble around for a 2 yard gain. What, he can't run straight ?! All I could think about was the Humpty Dance by Digital Underground.

"First I limp to the side like my leg was broken
Shakin' and twitchin' kinda like I was smokin'
Crazy wack funky
People say ya look like M.C. Hammer on crack, Humpty
"

I'll stick with Madden 08, it might not look as good but it's plays wayyyyyy better.

I think the running is just more difficult in 19 than in 08. I haven't played 19 much, but I immediately noticed how much harder it was to run effectively.

I think the main difference between the gameplay is that 19 is "chunkier", while 08 is more fluid and arcade-like. I don't think either style is specifically "bad", but which you prefer will come down to preference. I personally prefer 08's gameplay, but I can see the upside to 19.
My Cowboys Journal

Sidelion
MVP

Postby Sidelion » Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:15 am

mike9472 wrote:Played it for the first time at my friends house. Looks like a million bucks but plays like a 2 cent piece of crap. What's up with the "real player motion"?! The Bears o-line opened up a huge hole up the gut for Jordan Howard to run through. I hit the the left stick straight up and all he did was stumble around for a 2 yard gain. What, he can't run straight ?! All I could think about was the Humpty Dance by Digital Underground.

I got Origin Vault just to give M19 one more chance, and yeah, it feels like crap. As frustrated as I get at Madden 08 for vacuum tackles and 84 speed receivers winning on go routes and bad officiating and the AI not punting the ball immediately when the clock is stopped, it still feels inherently better in every way.

I will say of 19 on the PC at least that I am still very impressed by the game's optimization, graphics-wise.
"Why do you go away? So that you can come back.
So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors.
And the people there see you differently, too."

Return to “General Discussion”