Where is the game's performance model?

Modifying Madden 08.
jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:40 am

So, I was bored and decided to use the .DAT decompression utility to decompress the dat files and see what's in them. So far I've learned a couple of things, like how "Conservative" Offense means "Simplifying the Playcalling". Maybe it is. However, I wondered where the game's logic resides, if it is in the .dats at all (Could be in the exe and I'm wasting your time). I decompressed the UIS_LIB_GAMEMODEL.dat, because at times I've found that some important files for the game go along those lines. For example, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon has a file called "cmbtmdl.xml" which alters the damage in the game. Anyway, I decompressed that file but found a whole bunch of .TMD files. My guess is that they are literal models and don't affect the game a lot (Unless I'm wrong, and I can decompress them?). With that, I wanted to ask if the game handles all of what it is supposed to do in the .EXE file, or if there is a .DAT that contains Madden's logic? My main objective would be finding a way to alter the game so that bump and run works properly, whcih it doesn't right now.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

Sponsor

Sponsor

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Re: Where is the game's performance model?

Postby BUS36 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:36 pm

I have to ask think question... when you mean "Bump N Run" do you mean pre 1978 or post 1978? Cause there is a difference..
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:45 pm

BUS36 wrote:I have to ask think question... when you mean "Bump N Run" do you mean pre 1978 or post 1978? Cause there is a difference..

Post '78. What it is today known as Press Coverage. Keeping the receiver at the LOS, and re routing him. Since punt returns have the Jammers use Press, but the Press animations that appear are generally the "Quick Hit" type, instead of "Jam" type, which lasts longer.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:53 pm

jose21crisis » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:45 pm wrote:
Post '78. What it is today known as Press Coverage. Keeping the receiver at the LOS, and re routing him. Since punt returns have the Jammers use Press, but the Press animations that appear are generally the "Quick Hit" type, instead of "Jam" type, which lasts longer.

ok..I see
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

Return to “Modding”