Don't rely on kickers

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Re: Don't rely on kickers

Postby jose21crisis » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:13 pm

RevanFan wrote:
Col. Trautman wrote:I can't quite figure what was wrong with Crosby today... At least he finally made one late.

Possibly the worst kicking game I've ever seen.

You know, in hindsight, the poor kicking of M08 kickers in the newer rosters seems pretty realistic after seeing so many missed FGs and XPs so far in real life. Even Adam Vinatieri missed a 38 yarder of Thursday.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:56 pm

jose21crisis wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
Col. Trautman wrote:I can't quite figure what was wrong with Crosby today... At least he finally made one late.

Possibly the worst kicking game I've ever seen.

You know, in hindsight, the poor kicking of M08 kickers in the newer rosters seems pretty realistic after seeing so many missed FGs and XPs so far in real life. Even Adam Vinatieri missed a 38 yarder of Thursday.

Madden 08 is the more realistic game confirmed...

ThePurplePeopleEater
MVP

Postby ThePurplePeopleEater » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:31 pm

Let's make a petition to ban kicking from the NFL.

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:49 pm

ThePurplePeopleEater wrote:Let's make a petition to ban kicking from the NFL.

no.

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:40 pm

Add a new chapter to this. Cody Parker of the Bears missed a game winning OT Field Goal. Instead we have the Dolphins taking the ball back, driving downfield for a GW 43 yard FG, which is good.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.

Col. Trautman
MVP

Postby Col. Trautman » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:01 am

Well Mason Crosby came up golden tonight with the dagger tonight! GoPackGo!

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:07 pm

Col. Trautman wrote:Well Mason Crosby came up golden tonight with the dagger tonight! GoPackGo!

At least one kicker got a chance for redemption.
Semper fi

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:14 pm

Ok, let's recount this week's kicker woes (Pre SNF). Chandler Catanzaro missed a 40 yard game winning field goal against the Browns. He redeemed himself by nailing a 59 yard game winning FG. Brett Maher had to nail a 52 yarder, but failed, because Jason Garrett doesn't think playing for the FG is smart, and his long snapper hates him. And, the big one: Justin Tucker, who until this afternoon I thought was a cyborg made to annoy the AFC North and the rest of the league with clutch field goals, missed a game tying PAT.
Semper fi

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:06 pm

jose21crisis wrote:Ok, let's recount this week's kicker woes (Pre SNF). Chandler Catanzaro missed a 40 yard game winning field goal against the Browns. He redeemed himself by nailing a 59 yard game winning FG. Brett Maher had to nail a 52 yarder, but failed, because Jason Garrett doesn't think playing for the FG is smart, and his long snapper hates him. And, the big one: Justin Tucker, who until this afternoon I thought was a cyborg made to annoy the AFC North and the rest of the league with clutch field goals, missed a game tying PAT.

First mistake ever made by Ladouceur. He's been penalty and error free every snap since 2005 until now.

EDIT: Upon further review, Ladouceur did everything exactly the same as he always does. It was a bogus call. There were many bad calls in the game, so not surprising.

Actually, the officiating has been kind of crap all season. Anyone in favor of hiring full time officials?
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:46 am

RevanFan wrote:
jose21crisis wrote:Ok, let's recount this week's kicker woes (Pre SNF). Chandler Catanzaro missed a 40 yard game winning field goal against the Browns. He redeemed himself by nailing a 59 yard game winning FG. Brett Maher had to nail a 52 yarder, but failed, because Jason Garrett doesn't think playing for the FG is smart, and his long snapper hates him. And, the big one: Justin Tucker, who until this afternoon I thought was a cyborg made to annoy the AFC North and the rest of the league with clutch field goals, missed a game tying PAT.

First mistake ever made by Ladouceur. He's been penalty and error free every snap since 2005 until now.

EDIT: Upon further review, Ladouceur did everything exactly the same as he always does. It was a bogus call. There were many bad calls in the game, so not surprising.

Actually, the officiating has been kind of crap all season. Anyone in favor of hiring full time officials?

Admittedly, Ladouceur did lift the ball of the ground (A bit) and flinched the ball. That drew the Washington defense offsides. Had the defenders not gone offsides, that does not get called. Still, there was no reason for that 47 yarder turned 52 yarder to even happen.
Semper fi

Return to “NFL Football”