I can't get past preseason week 1 in Franchise

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
NaruTheBlackSwan
Veteran

Postby NaruTheBlackSwan » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:22 pm

The title says it all really. I've been messing with Roger's updated roster, and dumped everyone into FA before using the mass FA deletion to cut out players below 72 OVR or above 35 years old. Then I deleted a few retired players by hand (like Kam Chancellor, Cliff Avril, Ryan Shazier, etc.) There were 473 FA on the file. I also added an injury to Le'Veon Bell since he'll only be playing his six games this season. I put Jason Verrett back on the Chargers and injured him too.

Now, I've got my franchise all set. The only problem is I can simulate all of preseason until the last game: Chargers/Cardinals. I checked everything. I made sure both teams weren't too thin at any one position to continue, but that wasn't it. I tried several times. It wouldn't let me play the game out either. I even took control of both teams in Madden Editor but to no avail. The only thing I can think of is that maybe I didn't thin out the FA pool enough.

Sponsor

Sponsor

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Re: I can't get past preseason week 1 in Franchise

Postby rogerjinx » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:55 pm

NaruTheBlackSwan wrote:The title says it all really. I've been messing with Roger's updated roster, and dumped everyone into FA before using the mass FA deletion to cut out players below 72 OVR or above 35 years old. Then I deleted a few retired players by hand (like Kam Chancellor, Cliff Avril, Ryan Shazier, etc.) There were 473 FA on the file. I also added an injury to Le'Veon Bell since he'll only be playing his six games this season. I put Jason Verrett back on the Chargers and injured him too.

Now, I've got my franchise all set. The only problem is I can simulate all of preseason until the last game: Chargers/Cardinals. I checked everything. I made sure both teams weren't too thin at any one position to continue, but that wasn't it. I tried several times. It wouldn't let me play the game out either. I even took control of both teams in Madden Editor but to no avail. The only thing I can think of is that maybe I didn't thin out the FA pool enough.

Did you try auto-reordering the depth chart of those teams you've changed? Also FA pool count will have an impact once you go through the off-season.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:20 pm

Please follow the Basic Troubleshooting Checklist if you haven't already.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

NaruTheBlackSwan
Veteran

Postby NaruTheBlackSwan » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:27 pm

I haven't auto-reordered. That would probably be a good start to fixing it.

If I have any issues with too many FAs in the offseason, I can mass delete again and trim it down even further, right? I figure many of the oldest FAs would retire anyway.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:30 pm

NaruTheBlackSwan wrote:I haven't auto-reordered. That would probably be a good start to fixing it.

If I have any issues with too many FAs in the offseason, I can mass delete again and trim it down even further, right? I figure many of the oldest FAs would retire anyway.

Make sure you have a save file BEFORE you go into the offseason. You'll need to delete the free agents before advancing. After the Pro Bowl but before advancing is when I do it.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:36 pm

RevanFan wrote:
NaruTheBlackSwan wrote:I haven't auto-reordered. That would probably be a good start to fixing it.

Make sure you have a save file BEFORE you go into the offseason. You'll need to delete the free agents before advancing. After the Pro Bowl but before advancing is when I do it.

I agree with Revanfan, Also, make sure to delete injuries and contracts in the FA pool.

NaruTheBlackSwan
Veteran

Postby NaruTheBlackSwan » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:36 am

Alright. All the FA contracts are deleted. The main culprit seems to be that I added Jason Verrett without subtracting a player from the Chargers roster for a cool 56 players. I'm officially in week 2 of preseason now. Thanks for all the help!

Return to “Troubleshooting”