New 08 owner: empty seats question

WallysWorld
Rookie

Postby WallysWorld » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:54 pm

Hello,

Just bought Madden NFL 08 for the PC after many years of playing the 2005 PC version. Still practicing getting the sliders correct and learning the extra new controls, but I wondering if 08 has the same great feature that 2005 has in that if your franchise is doing poorly, you see lots of empty seats at your stadium (or the opponent's stadium). So far playing just exhibition games in 08, I hardly see any empty seats anywhere. I know both versions handle fan support as a meter in franchise mod, but I was hoping to visually see more empty seats if my team is struggling.

Many thanks for any replies and this is a wonderful website with many great modders. I appreciate the effort by them.

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: New 08 owner: empty seats question

Postby RevanFan » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:17 pm

WallysWorld wrote:Hello,

Just bought Madden NFL 08 for the PC after many years of playing the 2005 PC version. Still practicing getting the sliders correct and learning the extra new controls, but I wondering if 08 has the same great feature that 2005 has in that if your franchise is doing poorly, you see lots of empty seats at your stadium (or the opponent's stadium). So far playing just exhibition games in 08, I hardly see any empty seats anywhere. I know both versions handle fan support as a meter in franchise mod, but I was hoping to visually see more empty seats if my team is struggling.

Many thanks for any replies and this is a wonderful website with many great modders. I appreciate the effort by them.

The crowd you see in-game is just a generic, painted-on crowd of sprites. It won't change.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:12 pm

RevanFan wrote:
WallysWorld wrote:Hello,

The crowd you see in-game is just a generic, painted-on crowd of sprites. It won't change.

Yup, though I do believe there is one thing that indicates how the attendance at your games are - you'll actually notice that the crowd cheering is louder if you have great attendance. Teams that can't fill the seats will have noticeably low cheer sound effects.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

WallysWorld
Rookie

Postby WallysWorld » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:36 pm

Many thanks for the replies.

Yes, I've noticed that the crowd noise is different if my fan support level is lower. It would have been nice to see some empty seats to match the lower crowd noise though as I miss that feature from 2005.

ThePurplePeopleEater
MVP

Postby ThePurplePeopleEater » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:35 pm

The texture for the crowd includes an empty seat texture, however it goes unused.

WallysWorld
Rookie

Postby WallysWorld » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:37 pm

ThePurplePeopleEater wrote:The texture for the crowd includes an empty seat texture, however it goes unused.

I've read about the different crowd textures on this site and also noticed one that showed empty seats. Too bad the game doesn't use it though as you wrote.

Thanks for the reply.

Theov
MVP

Postby Theov » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:59 pm

Are you using real draft classes?
No signature needed.

Return to “General Discussion”