IGN Call for Interviews

Anything and everything.
will@IGN
Rookie

IGN Call for Interviews

Postby will@IGN » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:51 pm

Hello,
My name is Will Barboza. I'm working on an article for IGN about the FootballIdiot modding community. The story will cover the history of the Madden 08 modding community and interview/highlight members of FootballIdiot.

I'm hoping to tie this article into the August 10th release of Madden 19, so I'm trying to get the ball rolling on finding interview candidates quickly. Below are links to my past articles if you need proof of my credentials or want to see some similar stories I've published.

https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article ... -superfans

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/9b83 ... s-race-158

https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article ... ting-games

If you'd like to be interviewed or know a member of the site who you think I should talk to, please reply to this post. Suggestions about who I should speak with would be greatly appreciated. If you'd rather reach out to me via email, please email me at the following address: wpbarboza95@gmail.com

Thanks for your help and I can't wait to speak with you all!

IGN Call for Interviews

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: IGN Call for Interviews

Postby RevanFan » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:57 pm

will@IGN wrote:Hello,
My name is Will Barboza. I'm working on an article for IGN about the FootballIdiot modding community. The story will cover the history of the Madden 08 modding community and interview/highlight members of FootballIdiot.

I'm hoping to tie this article into the August 10th release of Madden 19, so I'm trying to get the ball rolling on finding interview candidates quickly. Below are links to my past articles if you need proof of my credentials or want to see some similar stories I've published.

https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article ... -superfans

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/9b83 ... s-race-158

https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article ... ting-games

If you'd like to be interviewed or know a member of the site who you think I should talk to, please reply to this post. Suggestions about who I should speak with would be greatly appreciated. If you'd rather reach out to me via email, please email me at the following address: wpbarboza95@gmail.com

Thanks for your help and I can't wait to speak with you all!

I am the leader of the FF/FI Mod for Madden 08. I don't do as much work for it as I used to, but I take updates provided by the community and put them together. I used to be one of the big roster editors a few years ago, along with danchat and NickyJ.

Our current programming guy is StingRay68. He works on the Madden Amp program, one of our editors. The guy we usually go to for rosters, and the guy who makes the roster I use in the FF/FI Mod, is rogerjinx. Roger has also done a lot of work with stadiums. 1312ohelet has done most of our uniform updates, but elguapo, mee, and sarcasticface have also contributed a great deal in that field. We don't use many of his uniforms anymore, but NICK was the king of uniform editing for many years, and some of his uniforms are still in the Mod. BelieverInTeal has done a lot of work with uniforms and stadiums. Calhoupe is the member who created the "Calhoupe's Madden Scripts" program. That is basically the only way we're able to play Madden anymore thanks to a Windows 10 update.

If you want to contact the site owner, that would be torontogrudlies. All members whose names are in yellow are moderators (myself included.) There are of course many other people to mention, but that is just a short list, and may of the biggest contributors throughout our history are no longer active on the site. I don't know how many listed above will want to contribute, but they are a few of the names who have contributed a lot.

Feel free to PM or email me for any other details, and I'd be happy to contribute to the article. I prefer to respond by PMs on this forum, but both methods work.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:26 pm

I forgot KeepinItTeal and his amazing stadium updates. He's a big part of the community and the FF/FI Mod.
My Cowboys Journal

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:44 am

Welcome! It's hard to really pick out a handful of people just because so many people have made contributions that help keep us alive and active after so many years without a PC version of Madden.

Similar to Revan's, this would be my list of people that are still active and at the front of our community:

torontogrudlies - Owner of the website, started it in 2011 after our predecessor Football-Freaks went down for good.

RevanFan - Stepped up to lead and compile our most notable projects, the FF/FI mods that updated the game each year with new rosters, uniforms, graphics, etc.

rogerjinx - Roster maker who contributes his roster updates to that project, along with the stadium updates that RevanFan mentioned above. The rosters especially are the bread and butter of our community. Many other people share their rosters, focused on both present and past NFL eras going all the way back to the first Super Bowl, but rogerjinx's rosters are the most widely shared and used.

StingRay68 - Our most prominent programmer who keeps the tools we use for editing the game working. Those tools cover importing new graphics into the game to replace older ones, and roster/franchise editors that allow us to make more detailed edits than the ingame tools could ever allow.

BelieverInTeal and elguapo - Although Teal has taken more of a backstage role now, he used to be the leader of a series of "Heisman" mods that effectively made the game an NCAA series, complete with rosters, stadiums, uniforms, etc. Elguapo has taken up that role instead and carried it even further.

calhoupe - Without his help, our community would have suffered a very serious blow last year. A Windows 10 update broke Madden, to the point that nobody could play a full game without crashing to the desktop. Before calhoupe, the only solutions were downgrading to an older version before the update or using another version of Windows altogether. Not only did he make a fix for it, but he also found ways to use cheat engines to edit the game rules altogether. Moving kickoff positions, changing the overtime rules, and even overhauling the game to NCAA rules are features included in his project.

1312qohelet - For a long while, he was among the most active uniform editors in the game, making many of the NFL uniforms that were used in the mods mentioned earlier. He recently stepped down from that role as far as I know, but others have already begun start projects with similar goals.

I hate to end my list with those because there are just so many people that have done so much. Many of the editing tools we use were made before this site came into existence, with the people who made them being long gone now. As the older "leaders" faded away with changing lives and priorities, newer members filled those voids. There are simply too many people to list, but all of them made contributions that have kept our community alive, starting back in the days of Football-Freaks in the early 2000's, to now with FootballIdiot.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:21 pm

This looks like a great opportunity to get the Football-Idiot name out there - oh, and I really liked that article in the first link about NHL '94. I'd love to see an article in a similar vein about Football-Idiot. I sent an email his way, so hopefully we can provide WIll with some details so he can write a good article.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby KeepinItTeal » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:56 pm

Very cool, I will look forward to reading the article!

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:17 pm

I’m just some guy who has a lot of posts...

I’ve been here since 2011, so I’m open for interviewing if you would like.

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:15 am

This is fantastic!!!!
I haven't stopped by in a while, so I literally found out about this today...but, this is so awesome.

Does anyone know if the article has been written?
I searched, but haven't seen anything

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:22 am

1312qohelet wrote:This is fantastic!!!!
I haven't stopped by in a while, so I literally found out about this today...but, this is so awesome.

Nothing yet.
My Cowboys Journal

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:13 pm

RevanFan wrote:
1312qohelet wrote:This is fantastic!!!!

Nothing yet.

Yeah, I interviewed with him a couple weeks ago, and I'm surprised the article hasn't debuted yet. I imagine he's got to be finishing it soon...
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”