Madden making a return to PC for Madden 19? Confirmed minutes ago live at EA Play!

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Re: Madden making a return to PC for Madden 19? Confirmed minutes ago live at EA Play!

Postby Danchat » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:39 pm

After reading these discussions and thinking about things, I think I will wait to see the reviews and reactions here to decide if I will buy the game. Right now I'd say my decision to buy it is swaying in that direction but I will need to see what the game looks like upon release. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how everyone likes/dislikes the game...
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

Re: Madden making a return to PC for Madden 19? Confirmed minutes ago live at EA Play!

Sponsor

Sponsor

camon7789
Pro Bowl

Postby camon7789 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:15 pm

honestly as a guy who no longer has a next gen console anymore (as of 2017) I quickly turned to madden 08 and have enjoyed there many mods (Heisman, FF, CFL, High School) and I thank the Madden 08 community for what they've done. but they can only do as much as this old game lets them. With Madden 19, graphics are 100x better than we will ever be able to make it. gameplay is arguably better (in my opinion and for many it is) and for those who do think that gameplay needs fixing thats where the modding community comes in. this just reminds me of NBA 2K14, that game was the most modded sports game I've played but since next gen there hasn't been mods like that ever since but they still do little things. small things that people want like mouthguards can be modded in and in time modding will no doubt get better. also there are so many benefits for people who edit rosters with NZA or things like that, now people who edit rosters have an in game draft class editor to work with and now maybe the ability to make cfs and make it more realistic and these are things that i can think of right now. honestly with this release I think that we as a modding community should give ea a big thanks and support the game cause even if this is there last try on PC with this game we could do stuff for years to come.
I just want to conquer people and their souls. - Mike Tyson

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:46 am

Danchat wrote:After reading these discussions and thinking about things, I think I will wait to see the reviews and reactions here to decide if I will buy the game. Right now I'd say my decision to buy it is swaying in that direction but I will need to see what the game looks like upon release. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how everyone likes/dislikes the game...

We're already limited out of the box.

Its nearly impossible to replicate Walshs' West Coast offense. There's only a dozen or so split back plays in the game. I'm not sure the far and near packages were in at all.

Right from the start, we need a playbook editor :D

PlarailGuy01
All-Pro

Re: New franchise news for Madden 19 franchise!

Postby PlarailGuy01 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:42 am

Since Madden 19 will release for PC, will you guys still do mods for Madden 08 PC, or do you guys want to move on to Madden 19.
I'm no longer using this account because of the name makes no sense. The new account is j4ck01 if you want to catch up with me.

torontogrudlies
MVP

Postby torontogrudlies » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:27 pm

PlarailGuy01 wrote:Since Madden 19 will release for PC, will you guys still do mods for Madden 08 PC, or do you guys want to move on to Madden 19.

I'd guess that it will depend upon what happens when the game comes out in August. Could be impossible to mod, or it could take a long time if we have to painstakingly go through all the files and make discoveries. These guys have been modding 08 for many years and I'm sure there will always be someone doing it...

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:18 pm

PlarailGuy01 wrote:Since Madden 19 will release for PC, will you guys still do mods for Madden 08 PC, or do you guys want to move on to Madden 19.

I've stated a few times already that I will continue to mod 08.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:16 pm

I stumbled on this during a web search;

https://frostytoolsuitedev.gitlab.io/

The shots of the Battlefront Mods are pretty amazing, particularly the Endor shot.

Frostbite has been cracked already. That's a good sign, I would think.

MKDAWUSS
Veteran

Postby MKDAWUSS » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:27 pm

elguapo wrote:If you can edit rosters and there is a community for rosters then why does Madden come out with a new Madden each year?

In today's eras of online updates and all, it is an outdated model. It worked in the 90s and early-mid 2000s when games were acquired and installed offline, but now I think they can do one release per engine cycle and just update and insert things as needed.

donwash
All-Pro

Postby donwash » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:11 pm

RevanFan wrote:

I've stated a few times already that I will continue to mod 08.

Thanks and I will be enjoying every mod that you continue to create for 08 regardless to whatever happens with EA release(s).

BKGiantsFan
Veteran

Postby BKGiantsFan » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:49 pm

MKDAWUSS wrote:
elguapo wrote:If you can edit rosters and there is a community for rosters then why does Madden come out with a new Madden each year?

In today's eras of online updates and all, it is an outdated model. It worked in the 90s and early-mid 2000s when games were acquired and installed offline, but now I think they can do one release per engine cycle and just update and insert things as needed.

Madden's former Creative Director Rex Dickson once mentioned discussions of Madden as a service.

The new leadership likely is still at least thinking about going that route since their major cash cow (MUT) wouldn't be affected one bit by doing so.

Likely the biggest in going away from an annual release obstacle would be getting the NFL. EA would have to definitively prove that their subscription revenue would equal the $60 a pop annual sales figures.

Looking to play Madden online head to head or simply hang out with others who enjoy the game?
Join MPN (Madden PC Network) on Evolve: https://www.evolvehq.com/recruit/group? ... 4J3gYdJMvZ

Return to “General Discussion”