What you all though of Tony Romo, the commentator?

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:29 pm

I didn't get to hear Tony commentate each game live, but I managed to watch some games that he commentated, and man were they fun to see. He never, ever got boring. He at times outright predicted plays, and overall was pretty damn good commentator, as well as pretty funny.

Wonder what you all though of him commentating. And I think CBS broadcasts the SB next year right? Tony Romo commentating the Super Bowl will be awesome.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

Sponsor

Sponsor

madden07eurocat
Hall of Fame

Re: What you all though of Tony Romo, the commentator?

Postby madden07eurocat » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:45 pm

I think he's a wonderful commentator. He brings a solid knowledge of the game to the booth and like you said he can predict what might be done on a particular play and formation and is normally right?
Don't sweat the petty things, and yet don't pet the sweaty things! ;)

cyclone2426
All-Pro

Postby cyclone2426 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:57 pm

I loved hearing him commentate this past year, like you guys said he brings a natural, fun vibe to it and makes it interesting without being overly cheesy or anything. 10 times better than Troy Aikman and 1000 times better than Cris "I have no idea what I'm talking about" Collinsworth.

Kriegsmarine
All-Pro

Postby Kriegsmarine » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:00 pm

The Patriots didn't lose a single game when Romo was in the booth. ;)

madden07eurocat
Hall of Fame

Postby madden07eurocat » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:52 pm

Kriegsmarine wrote:The Patriots didn't lose a single game when Romo was in the booth. ;)

Ohh, you didn't go there!!!! :lol:
Don't sweat the petty things, and yet don't pet the sweaty things! ;)

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:00 pm

Kriegsmarine wrote:The Patriots didn't lose a single game when Romo was in the booth. ;)

Man, I just remembered the Jesse James Catch/Non Catch. That one sucked.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:50 pm

:lol: ha!ha!ha! I did not like Tony Romo the quarterback. Poor Tony was the subject of many of my football rants to my friends and family for years. I was expecting the worst. I was ready to attack him and hate on him in the booth .... :lol: two plays in, I was like, "huh, he is pretty funny".... by the end of his first game broadcasting, I became a big Tony Romo fan. I wish him the best from now on.

ya know, now that he is not occupying the job that someone with more talent should of had
"There are Coaches who spend eighteen hours a day coaching the perfect game, and they lose because the ball is oval and they can't control the bounce." - Bud Grant

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:30 pm

Dude, he was a fantastic quarterback let down by poor team building. One of the best in Dallas history.

As a commentator... I looked forward to any game he and Nantz did more than any other game last season. They were great together, and you can tell Romo is loving it. His love for the game and knowledge of it shine through on every play.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:58 pm

RevanFan wrote:Dude, he was a fantastic quarterback let down by poor team building. One of the best in Dallas history.

As a commentator... I looked forward to any game he and Nantz did more than any other game last season. They were great together, and you can tell Romo is loving it. His love for the game and knowledge of it shine through on every play.

The sad thing about Romo is that he really didn't won anything. He was one of the top QBs out there, but the 'boys and Romo came up short time and time again in the playoffs. Pretty much the same thing that will happen to Phillip Rivers, and pretty much Peyton Manning's story (Only that he did make it to the big game 3 times ... after he went one and done so many times that Mark Sanchez had a better playoffs record than him). That might be the one thing that might stops Tony Romo's path to the HOF.

But I definitely like Romo's story. From Undrafted Free Agent to Great Quarterback to Great Commentator.
Semper fi

Return to “NFL Football”