Chiefs Trade Alex Smith to Washington

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Re: Chiefs Trade Alex Smith to Washington

Postby ultimatum77 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:32 am

Kevin5455 wrote:
Danchat wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:im going to predict that the broncos will land kirk cousins in free agency....the browns and jets will offer good money but kirk will go to denver to win now.....instead of rebuild with the jets or browns....

I can't see Cousins choosing to play for a team as bad as Cleveland, even for $30M a year. Apparently the Browns offered to trade for Alex Smith but Smith didn't want to play for them, so I don't think it'd be any different for Cousins.

You gotta remember that The Browns have 2 1st-Round Picks in this year's draft and they should probably do something with them....like draft a QB and not look for QBs in free agency.

Either way the browns are just one of those accursed franchises.....it just never works out via draft or FA....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Sponsor

Sponsor

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

So where Kirk Cousins is going to end up?

Postby jose21crisis » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:58 pm

After reading a bit, I can say that there are 5 teams where Cousins could end up with:

The Jets: They have a lot of money, as in A LOT. That's the only benefit that they have.
The Browns: They also have a lot of money, but considering that Cousins wants to win and Cleveland won 1 game out of their 32 last ... hmmm ... probably won't going to happen, but it is still a choice.
The Cardinals: Well, they need a QB. They are crap at O-Line, defense is ok-ish. They have Larry Fitzgerald at receiver and he's still a beast, and they have David Johnson at Running Back ... that's about it. They don't have a lot of money to beat the Browns or the Jets.
The Broncos: Finally getting somewhere. Last time John Elway got a QB for the Broncos, it was Peyton Manning and they went to 2 Super Bowls. As in, too damn old Peyton. They have a good roster, great D and a good Offense that has ... well ... 3 QBs that are backups at best. So, if the Broncos do nail Cousins, they can become very competitive in a heartbeat.
The Vikings: This one is pretty interesting. They have Bridgewater, Bradford and Keenum. Apparently Keenum isn't going back, and they are going to make a big push for Cousins (or so they say). And they are in a win-now mode and made Case Keenum look pretty good (although any QB playing under Jeff Fisher is going to look bad), so Cousins on the Vikings would be interesting.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Re: So where Kirk Cousins is going to end up?

Postby ultimatum77 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:29 am

jose21crisis wrote:After reading a bit, I can say that there are 5 teams where Cousins could end up with:

The Jets: They have a lot of money, as in A LOT. That's the only benefit that they have.
The Browns: They also have a lot of money, but considering that Cousins wants to win and Cleveland won 1 game out of their 32 last ... hmmm ... probably won't going to happen, but it is still a choice.
The Cardinals: Well, they need a QB. They are crap at O-Line, defense is ok-ish. They have Larry Fitzgerald at receiver and he's still a beast, and they have David Johnson at Running Back ... that's about it. They don't have a lot of money to beat the Browns or the Jets.
The Broncos: Finally getting somewhere. Last time John Elway got a QB for the Broncos, it was Peyton Manning and they went to 2 Super Bowls. As in, too damn old Peyton. They have a good roster, great D and a good Offense that has ... well ... 3 QBs that are backups at best. So, if the Broncos do nail Cousins, they can become very competitive in a heartbeat.
The Vikings: This one is pretty interesting. They have Bridgewater, Bradford and Keenum. Apparently Keenum isn't going back, and they are going to make a big push for Cousins (or so they say). And they are in a win-now mode and made Case Keenum look pretty good (although any QB playing under Jeff Fisher is going to look bad), so Cousins on the Vikings would be interesting.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Case Keenum is going to the cardinals....just my gut feeling could be wrong but going with my predictions (hopefully the luck from the playoff challenge predictions continues for me :P)
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Re: So where Kirk Cousins is going to end up?

Postby Austinmario13 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:16 am

ultimatum77 wrote:
jose21crisis wrote:After reading a bit, I can say that there are 5 teams where Cousins could end up with:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Case Keenum is going to the cardinals....just my gut feeling could be wrong but going with my predictions (hopefully the luck from the playoff challenge predictions continues for me :P)

I believe cousins is going to Denver...

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:28 pm

Everything I've ever heard is Cousins to the Vikings for something in the 3 year $90 million guaranteed range, and Keenum to the Broncos.

If the Vikings really want to pay Cousins such a high price for such a short time.... Have fun with your jet ski rental.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:36 pm

NickyJ wrote:Everything I've ever heard is Cousins to the Vikings for something in the 3 year $90 million guaranteed range, and Keenum to the Broncos.

If the Vikings really want to pay Cousins such a high price for such a short time.... Have fun with your jet ski rental.

It was reported that the 3 year $91M deal was never actually offered, and I think the Vikings might be offering less per year ($26-28M).

It's either a deal like that or give Keenum $20M a year or trust Bridgewater or Bradford's bad knee at $10M a year. I think Cousins is the best option out of those four.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:41 pm

I don't see Cousins going anywhere other than Minnesota. He wants to win. They're his best shot.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Return to “NFL Football”