DB Editor Issue

Modifying Madden 08.
dgrawns
Rookie

DB Editor Issue

Postby dgrawns » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:59 pm

Hi, when I attempt to edit a value in the DB Editor (Such as Player Height), I cannot change it without the drop down list, and the drop down list goes off my screen so I can't get to the bottom. Thanks.

DB Editor Issue

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: DB Editor Issue

Postby RevanFan » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:20 pm

dgrawns wrote:Hi, when I attempt to edit a value in the DB Editor (Such as Player Height), I cannot change it without the drop down list, and the drop down list goes off my screen so I can't get to the bottom. Thanks.

Export the table to a CSV file and edit it in a spreadsheet editor, such as Microsoft Excel, LibreOffice Calc, or Google Sheets.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

FreetheFreeman
Rookie

Postby FreetheFreeman » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:21 am

RevanFan wrote:Export the table to a CSV file and edit it in a spreadsheet editor, such as Microsoft Excel, LibreOffice Calc, or Google Sheets.

Hi RevanFan,

I understand that the method to do this is to export it to a CSV, edit it using a spreadsheet editor (I'm using the one from OpenOffice, can't remember its name) and then import it back? But when I try to do that last part, it always crashes the DB Editor. Please advise.

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:25 am

If you add a record or row you must delete the number in the last column at the top (right hand corner) and then save and exit

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:40 pm

Ive never exported and imported with DB editor, I always use it straight up. When changing the stadium ratings the drop down menu will not go that far so .... this is what I do, I change my desktop orientation to portrait instead of landscape and you can get to the bottom stuff on the menu. Its tricky, but fun to run the mouse like this.
"There are Coaches who spend eighteen hours a day coaching the perfect game, and they lose because the ball is oval and they can't control the bounce." - Bud Grant

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:16 pm

KO'BBF wrote:Ive never exported and imported with DB editor, I always use it straight up. When changing the stadium ratings the drop down menu will not go that far so .... this is what I do, I change my desktop orientation to portrait instead of landscape and you can get to the bottom stuff on the menu. Its tricky, but fun to run the mouse like this.

You know you can scroll in the drop down menu using the mouse wheel.

Also, using the DB Editor is MUCH easier when exporting and importing. All you need to do is delete the number at the top right like Rixster said.
My Cowboys Journal

FreetheFreeman
Rookie

Postby FreetheFreeman » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:04 pm

Rixster67r wrote:If you add a record or row you must delete the number in the last column at the top (right hand corner) and then save and exit

Do I also do this if I'm just changing a value that already exists?

EDIT: I say this because every time I change my Superstar's PSKI value in the PLAY chart by exporting to a CSV and importing, I keep getting an error even after I delete that number that you mentioned.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:25 am

FreetheFreeman wrote:
Rixster67r wrote:If you add a record or row you must delete the number in the last column at the top (right hand corner) and then save and exit

Do I also do this if I'm just changing a value that already exists?

EDIT: I say this because every time I change my Superstar's PSKI value in the PLAY chart by exporting to a CSV and importing, I keep getting an error even after I delete that number that you mentioned.

That's odd. Post a copy of your PLAY table for us to look at. Also, do you have all the required .NET Framework packages?
My Cowboys Journal

Return to “Modding”