Love it mee!!

Re: NFL Playoffs Challenge 2017

Sponsor

Sponsor

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:11 am

lol mee for post of the season lol hahaha :)

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:22 am

ycleped wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:While I congratulate the eagles on reaching the SB, I still think NE will win.

My PICK:
NE Superbowl winner

NE 45
PHI 27

or
who knows it may end up being closer than that with a last second NE field goal win 27-24.....but I think the Eagles will be nervous and NE will capitalize on that and use their post-season experience and of course TB to put up an early lead (say 17 or 21 pts in the 1st half) from which the Eagles will recover but it will be too late......

One thing is for sure Foles will get some interest on the open market again for his solid games (yes I admit I didn't feel he was very good but he has been solid for his team and will get some good money on the open market if the eagles opt to let him go...but they would be stupid not to try to sign him to a long term backup contract for wentz.....

Tbh I'm worried we're gonna get blown out by New England too. New England is just too good.

The eagles would be wise to follow the giants gameplan the last 2 SBs against the pats......Consistent pressure from the edge but especially the middle.....brady has been known to be less effective and more likely to throw interceptions when pressure is heavy right in the middle and when hands are in his face even when he may not be sacked if they put some tall D-linemen in the middle who could bat down passes/hinder brady's route vision it can make him quite ineffective.

For the offense they should run a ball-control offense....killing the clock as much and always ending drives with points preferably td's of course but if they don't score at least 3 each drive they will be in trouble...just look at how kansas city has played NE in the past with a ball control offense yet they never ended many drives with at least 3 which is why they would end up losing.....

effective ball control with at least 3 pts per possession and a solid pressure defense will be the keys to winning against the pats.....

To win the eagles need to at least lead a 8-10 minute drive of short slants and runs mixed in.....one of those grind out type drives....it will wear out the NE defense....and then if they can get a quick 3 and out on brady and repeat the same grind out drive and at least get 3 pts that NE defense will be like putty in the 2nd half after getting gassed on long drives in the 1st half and as long as foles makes safe short throws and doesn't play hero ball the eagles will win.....just got to be clock killers this week instead of trying to outgun NE because a shootout is not in the eagles best interest.....a grind out is......the eagles have a better defense and personell on defense which will benefit even more from resting due to long offensive series lead by foles....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:15 am

ultimatum77 wrote:
effective ball control with at least 3 pts per possession and a solid pressure defense will be the keys to winning against the pats.....

Well, duh...no kidding? 8-)
You may very well win the 2017-18 footballidiot Playoff Challenge,, but with that statement, you've most definitely won the Captain Obvious Award

In the NFL, for the past 4 or 5 seasons, the average number of possessions is 12.3 per team, per game. So, lets say Philly does the bare minimum of your "key to winning the game"...they'll score 36 points!!

I'm just having a little fun...maybe I'm a tad jealous, because you are doing great on your picks and I'm..well...not :lol:
Sometimes the most obvious answer is, in fact the correct one...best of luck.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:36 am

1312qohelet wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:

Well, duh...no kidding? 8-)
You may very well win the 2017-18 footballidiot Playoff Challenge,, but with that statement, you've most definitely won the Captain Obvious Award

In the NFL, for the past 4 or 5 seasons, the average number of possessions is 12.3 per team, per game. So, lets say Philly does the bare minimum of your "key to winning the game"...they'll score 36 points!!

I'm just having a little fun...maybe I'm a tad jealous, because you are doing great on your picks and I'm..well...not :lol:
Sometimes the most obvious answer is, in fact the correct one...best of luck.

Lol Q jeez ( ult feel's the comment burn hahaha) i've actually been extremely lucky with my guesses lol but the games I totally whiffed on were the eagles games (here's looking at you YCLEPED your rants were correct! haha) lol it was more out of division rivalry (one can't be a Giants fan and root/pick the Eagles to do so would be a grievous sin! lol) but I admit I did underestimate them as a team....

I never expected the eagles to get to the SB....and probably you will win this Q as my decisions to doubt the eagles this playoff season have backfired...it may happen NE will have a 24 pt lead and then the Eagles will work some of that philly magic and pull off an upset at the last second by a field goal? I'm still going to go with my gut feeling that NE will be raising the lombardi at the end as NE's been there done that whereas the Eagles players many have never even been in a superbowl....so it will be a nervous team for sure...

my point was that the lack of a run game and points on the board are what doomed atlanta last year and the eagles will be doomed as well if they have no points or a run game to kill clock.....otherwise you have to have a heavy pressure defense like the ravens had a few years ago where they could play a low close score game with NE and hang around to win but more often then not brady got the best of the ravens at the last second in afc champ games....the key will be to keep the pressure on NE by scoring points on every drive....otherwise if you let them hang around they will come back and get you (seahawks, atlanta) in the last second....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:36 am

ultimatum77 wrote:

Lol Q jeez ( ult feel's the comment burn hahaha) i've actually been extremely lucky with my guesses lol but the games I totally whiffed on were the eagles games (here's looking at you YCLEPED your rants were correct! haha) lol it was more out of division rivalry (one can't be a Giants fan and root/pick the Eagles to do so would be a grievous sin! lol) but I admit I did underestimate them as a team....

I never expected the eagles to get to the SB....and probably you will win this Q as my decisions to doubt the eagles this playoff season have backfired...it may happen NE will have a 24 pt lead and then the Eagles will work some of that philly magic and pull off an upset at the last second by a field goal? I'm still going to go with my gut feeling that NE will be raising the lombardi at the end as NE's been there done that whereas the Eagles players many have never even been in a superbowl....so it will be a nervous team for sure...

my point was that the lack of a run game and points on the board are what doomed atlanta last year and the eagles will be doomed as well if they have no points or a run game to kill clock.....otherwise you have to have a heavy pressure defense like the ravens had a few years ago where they could play a low close score game with NE and hang around to win but more often then not brady got the best of the ravens at the last second in afc champ games....the key will be to keep the pressure on NE by scoring points on every drive....otherwise if you let them hang around they will come back and get you (seahawks, atlanta) in the last second....

Your comment was valid. I simply picked one sentence to have a little fun with ;)

I agree.
I picked PHI over ATL but that was because of my questions of Matt Ryan.
But, for all intents and purposes, the Vikings should have won the NFC Championship. They had The #1 Defense, a QB who started 15 games in a row, plus all the momentum generated by the "Minnesota Miracle" just 7 days prior.
But, the Eagles played great, Foles was phenomenal, there defense forced Keenum into mistakes at vital points of the game, and they stifled MIN's run-game.

Hat's off to Philly.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:46 am

1312qohelet wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:

Your comment was valid. I simply picked one sentence to have a little fun with ;)

I agree.
I picked PHI over ATL but that was because of my questions of Matt Ryan.
But, for all intents and purposes, the Vikings should have won the NFC Championship. They had The #1 Defense, a QB who started 15 games in a row, plus all the momentum generated by the "Minnesota Miracle" just 7 days prior.
But, the Eagles played great, Foles was phenomenal, there defense forced Keenum into mistakes at vital points of the game, and they stifled MIN's run-game.

Hat's off to Philly.

Questions of matt ryan are answered this way...lol

Matty Ice - during the regular season

Matty not so nice - during the playoffs lol

for real other than last year getting to the superbowl the guy regularly loses big playoff games like nfc champ game against 49ers back in a few years ago....

he's still a good qb but not clutch in the playoffs when needed.....sadly...

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:39 pm

ultimatum77 wrote:otherwise if you let them hang around they will come back and get you (seahawks, atlanta) in the last second....

Well, those losses came from questionable decisions, and could have been easily won by the Seahawks and the Falcons. Both teams didn't allow enough time to run out. 40 seconds for the Pats is WAY too much. The Seahawks did have enough time to comeback, but decided to run a slant route that relied on another route as a distraction. The WR with the distraction route got jammed at the line, Malcolm Butler read the entirety of the slant, Wilson forced the pass, and Butler picked off the ball, game over. And of course, that they didn't use Lynch, who NE failed to stop to gain at least 1 yard. And the fact that the pass would have allowed the clock to stop if incomplete. And you can't run slants on NE on the end zone. It simply doesn't work. Seattle tried it, got picked. Pittsburgh tried it, got picked. Is not feasible unless your WR has glue on his hands, or is ... I don't know, Jerry Rice or Julio Jones or Antonio Brown.

As for the Falcons, plain a simple. They keep the ball in the air, and couldn't complete the passes. Left time on the clock. They tried to go for the blowout, it backfired MASSIVELY on them. With such lead, you just play it easy, run the ball, let the play clock reach 1, run again, pass if it is 3rd down and long, until the game ends. That, and they allowed NE's Offense WAY too much time on the field. The Atlanta Defense took about 90 snaps, which forced them to switch from man coverage to zone coverage, which is suicide against Brady.

I really hope the Eagles, if they manage to get a lead, know how to hold it by not doing anything stupid, like slants on the endzone or passing a lot with a 4 possession lead, they should do fine.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:00 pm

jose21crisis wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:otherwise if you let them hang around they will come back and get you (seahawks, atlanta) in the last second....

Well, those losses came from questionable decisions, and could have been easily won by the Seahawks and the Falcons. Both teams didn't allow enough time to run out. 40 seconds for the Pats is WAY too much. The Seahawks did have enough time to comeback, but decided to run a slant route that relied on another route as a distraction. The WR with the distraction route got jammed at the line, Malcolm Butler read the entirety of the slant, Wilson forced the pass, and Butler picked off the ball, game over. And of course, that they didn't use Lynch, who NE failed to stop to gain at least 1 yard. And the fact that the pass would have allowed the clock to stop if incomplete. And you can't run slants on NE on the end zone. It simply doesn't work. Seattle tried it, got picked. Pittsburgh tried it, got picked. Is not feasible unless your WR has glue on his hands, or is ... I don't know, Jerry Rice or Julio Jones or Antonio Brown.

As for the Falcons, plain a simple. They keep the ball in the air, and couldn't complete the passes. Left time on the clock. They tried to go for the blowout, it backfired MASSIVELY on them. With such lead, you just play it easy, run the ball, let the play clock reach 1, run again, pass if it is 3rd down and long, until the game ends. That, and they allowed NE's Offense WAY too much time on the field. The Atlanta Defense took about 90 snaps, which forced them to switch from man coverage to zone coverage, which is suicide against Brady.

I really hope the Eagles, if they manage to get a lead, know how to hold it by not doing anything stupid, like slants on the endzone or passing a lot with a 4 possession lead, they should do fine.

bottom line dont screw with brady or brady will screw with you :P jk

the only way to defeat NE is like you said ball control and winding the clock.....

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:22 pm

Changing my vote to the Eagles. I feel dirty.

Return to “NFL Football”