TexMod "S**t happened, d'oh"

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
AlexB9598W
All-Pro

Postby AlexB9598W » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:50 pm

So I want to get back to my historical franchise, after using the FF/FI mod for a long time for modern rosters. So I went back and tried to go back into the Greatest Historical Teams 1.5 mod created by guamyankee, which I have used successfully in the past. However, unfortunately as I try to load tpf files with TexMod, when I hit "run" I'm getting the error message expressed in the post title. I am relatively sure I've purged my game of all of the FF/FI mod, down to the STADIUMS.dat and launch.dat in the Program Files section. So I'm not sure what I'm missing or what else needs to be changed so that TexMod can begin working again. Thanks in advance!

Sponsor

Sponsor

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Re: TexMod "S**t happened, d'oh"

Postby Austinmario13 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:22 am

Your antivirus is causing it.

AlexB9598W
All-Pro

Postby AlexB9598W » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:31 am

Austinmario13 wrote:Your antivirus is causing it.

If that's the case, how would i go about fixing the issue?

madden07eurocat
Hall of Fame

Postby madden07eurocat » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:39 pm

AlexB9598W wrote:So I want to get back to my historical franchise, after using the FF/FI mod for a long time for modern rosters. So I went back and tried to go back into the Greatest Historical Teams 1.5 mod created by guamyankee, which I have used successfully in the past. However, unfortunately as I try to load tpf files with TexMod, when I hit "run" I'm getting the error message expressed in the post title. I am relatively sure I've purged my game of all of the FF/FI mod, down to the STADIUMS.dat and launch.dat in the Program Files section. So I'm not sure what I'm missing or what else needs to be changed so that TexMod can begin working again. Thanks in advance!

I know that I have had to use TexMod in compatibility mode for winxp(SP3) and choose to always run as administer or I get that message if I don't. If you right click on your TexMod.exe file, where ever you have it saved, and choose properties you can then choose those options in the properties box under Compatibility.
I haven't had to change anything in my anti-virus program, but that is a possibility. You may have to disable it to play the game, but I would try the compatibility thing first.
Don't sweat the petty things, and yet don't pet the sweaty things! ;)

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby KeepinItTeal » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:02 pm

madden07eurocat wrote:I know that I have had to use TexMod in compatibility mode for winxp(SP3) and choose to always run as administer or I get that message if I don't. If you right click on your TexMod.exe file, where ever you have it saved, and choose properties you can then choose those options in the properties box under Compatibility.
I haven't had to change anything in my anti-virus program, but that is a possibility. You may have to disable it to play the game, but I would try the compatibility thing first.

^^ That.

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:22 pm

AlexB9598W wrote:

Just turn it off when you're use it...

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:49 am

Austinmario13 wrote:
AlexB9598W wrote:

Just turn it off when you're use it...

Or create an exception for the directory containing the Texmod application files.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

AlexB9598W
All-Pro

Postby AlexB9598W » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:04 pm

Yeah that seems to have done the trick, running as administrator. Another unrelated issue has come up, but at least that works. Thanks.

Return to “Troubleshooting”