Window Mode Issues

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
RevanFan
Legend

Window Mode Issues

Postby RevanFan » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:39 am

I played Madden in Window Mode on my old Windows 7 computer, and it worked perfectly. I just installed it on my new Windows 10 computer, and I can't for the life of me get ALT+ENTER to do crap all. Any advice? I need to have it working, because I have a 4K monitor, and the mouse is completely invisible.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Window Mode Issues

Sponsor

Sponsor

CovertSlinky
Rookie

Re: Window Mode Issues

Postby CovertSlinky » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:41 am

I have this exact issue, same situation. I have found no solution to this, which seems to be a trending thing with windows 10 Fall Creators Update. I found another game last night that was not alt-tab'ing, I have several games with this problem (and more) and didn't before the Update. Sad thing is is that I have no way of rolling-back to 1703 cause I deleted that option when I ran admin disk cleanup. I usually just wipe it out cause I had yet to be presented with a reason to not to. Guess gonna have to change that habit now.
"THAT SENTENCE HAD TOO MANY SYLLABLES! APOLOGIZE!" Mr. Torque

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:46 pm

CovertSlinky wrote:I have this exact issue, same situation. I have found no solution to this, which seems to be a trending thing with windows 10 Fall Creators Update. I found another game last night that was not alt-tab'ing, I have several games with this problem (and more) and didn't before the Update. Sad thing is is that I have no way of rolling-back to 1703 cause I deleted that option when I ran admin disk cleanup. I usually just wipe it out cause I had yet to be presented with a reason to not to. Guess gonna have to change that habit now.

I'm not using version 1709. I'm using the Education/Enterprise version of 1703, with the update to 1709 deferred for one calendar year.
My Cowboys Journal

peterparker
Banned

Postby peterparker » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:28 pm

I could never get it to go in Window mode. Is there any way how on Windows 7?

peterparker
Banned

Postby peterparker » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:30 pm

RevanFan wrote:I played Madden in Window Mode on my old Windows 7 computer, and it worked perfectly. I just installed it on my new Windows 10 computer, and I can't for the life of me get ALT+ENTER to do crap all. Any advice? I need to have it working, because I have a 4K monitor, and the mouse is completely invisible.

I read somewhere (here) that Madden is too old for 4K.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:56 pm

peterparker wrote:
RevanFan wrote:I played Madden in Window Mode on my old Windows 7 computer, and it worked perfectly. I just installed it on my new Windows 10 computer, and I can't for the life of me get ALT+ENTER to do crap all. Any advice? I need to have it working, because I have a 4K monitor, and the mouse is completely invisible.

Well, you can't play it in 4K, but the game's resolution goes up to 2560x1600. My problem is simply the menu, because my mouse is invisible in it whenever my monitor is set to 4K. And for some reason, even though I set it up the same way I always set the game up, I can't get ALT+ENTER to work.
My Cowboys Journal

peterparker
Banned

Postby peterparker » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:06 am

RevanFan wrote:
peterparker wrote:

Well, you can't play it in 4K, but the game's resolution goes up to 2560x1600. My problem is simply the menu, because my mouse is invisible in it whenever my monitor is set to 4K. And for some reason, even though I set it up the same way I always set the game up, I can't get ALT+ENTER to work.

What are you trying to use ALT+ENTER for? Window Mode? Or to get out of the game? I use ALT+TAB to get out of the game. My resolution only goes up to 1600x900.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:08 am

peterparker wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
peterparker wrote:I read somewhere (here) that Madden is too old for 4K.

What are you trying to use ALT+ENTER for? Window Mode? Or to get out of the game? I use ALT+TAB to get out of the game. My resolution only goes up to 1600x900.

I'm well aware that ALT+TAB changes the selected process. I've been using computers since I was a baby. I'm trying to use ALT+ENTER, because when I'm in Window Mode (as the title of this thread suggests), I can actually see my cursor, but it goes invisible in full screen. And I'm NOT getting rid of my 4K monitor. I guess I could try to change it to 1080p exclusively for Madden, but I'd like to avoid that if possible. The game looks like crap at 1080p on my monitor.
My Cowboys Journal

peterparker
Banned

Postby peterparker » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:12 am

RevanFan wrote:
peterparker wrote:
RevanFan wrote:Well, you can't play it in 4K, but the game's resolution goes up to 2560x1600. My problem is simply the menu, because my mouse is invisible in it whenever my monitor is set to 4K. And for some reason, even though I set it up the same way I always set the game up, I can't get ALT+ENTER to work.

I'm well aware that ALT+TAB changes the selected process. I've been using computers since I was a baby. I'm trying to use ALT+ENTER, because when I'm in Window Mode (as the title of this thread suggests), I can actually see my cursor, but it goes invisible in full screen. And I'm NOT getting rid of my 4K monitor. I guess I could try to change it to 1080p exclusively for Madden, but I'd like to avoid that if possible. The game looks like crap at 1080p on my monitor.

I’m not sure what’s going on. But, on my other (broken (sort of)) computer, 1920x1080 looks great. So, yeah, not sure. Hope you find a solution.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:38 am

peterparker wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
peterparker wrote:What are you trying to use ALT+ENTER for? Window Mode? Or to get out of the game? I use ALT+TAB to get out of the game. My resolution only goes up to 1600x900.

I’m not sure what’s going on. But, on my other (broken (sort of)) computer, 1920x1080 looks great. So, yeah, not sure. Hope you find a solution.

1080p looks bad because the monitor is built for a much higher pixel count.
My Cowboys Journal

Return to “Troubleshooting”