CPU v. CPU Sliders -- Test Results

Sliders, settings and other adjustments to make the game more realistic.
KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby KeepinItTeal » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:24 am

So, I have been testing a new set of sliders (a combination of cdcool's sliders (thanks!) and the set I was using in my old franchise) as I prepare to start up in Franchise mode with the new mod. I've played out the first nine weeks of the Jaguars schedule CPU v CPU and this morning compared those results against the stats of the real Jaguars through nine weeks of this NFL season and found some interesting results:

Code: Select all

PASSING                        CMP  ATT  YDS  PCT   YPA SACK   TD  INT LONG RATING
Madden Bortles                 118  208 1606   56   7.7   25   11    3   78   93.1
Real Bortles                   139  234 1657   59   7.1   11   10    5   52   86.4

RUSHING                        ATT  YDS   AVG LONG   TD  FUM
Madden Fournette               179  808   4.5   77    4    5
Real Fournette                 130  596   4.6   91    6    1

PUNTING                        ATT  YDS   AVG LONG BLOCKS IN20 TOUCHBACKS
Madden Nortman                  40 1785  44.6   67      0   10          5
Real Nortman                    36 1609  44.7   62      1   14          2

Pretty cool and accurate results!! The one area that is off, however, is the defense. But, that's skewed by the fact that the real-life Jaguars have played off the charts defense thus far which was not predicted. So, in my Madden CPU v. CPU test the Jaguars have 12 sacks and 6 ints., while the real life Jags have 35 sacks and 10 ints. Kicking is spot on with the Madden Jags making 81% of FGs (17 of 21) and the real Jags at 80% (16 of 20).

So, just wanted to share this with anyone that might be interested. Sliders are below.

Code: Select all

Slider                         Human   CPU
QB Accuracy                       65    65
Pass Blocking                     40    40
Receiver Catching                 48    48
Running Ability                   65    65
Offensive line Run Blocking       17    17
Defensive Awareness               40    40
Defensive line Knockdowns          5     5
Interceptions                      2     2
Defensive Break Blocks            10    10
Tackling                          40    40
Fieldgoal Length                  45    45
Fieldgoal Accuracy                90    90
Punt Length                       56    56
Punt Accuracy                     99    99
Kickoff Length                    62    62

Skill Level: All Pro
Quarter Length: 12 minute(s)
Game Mode: COACH

GAMEPLAY
Fair Play OFF
Injuries ON
Pre-Existing Injuries OFF
Game Fatigue ON
Offensive Coach Assist OFF
QB Vision OFF
Accelerated Clock ON
Auto Strafe ON
Random Weather OFF
Defense Pass Assist OFF
Injury Frequency 102
Sim Injury Frequency 102

PENALITY
Penalties ON - All maxed at (99) except Holding at (85)
Offsides ON

IN-GAME
SUB out 87% SUB in 93%
Pass Sensitivity 7

BLOCKING
ALL OFF and normal view

Sponsor

Sponsor

rambolz
All-Pro

Re: CPU v. CPU Sliders -- Test Results

Postby rambolz » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:27 pm

Wow! :shock: Those are some accurate numbers. I think I have to give these a try. Looks pretty similar to what I'm running now. How do you feel about the penalties with those sliders? Do you feel there are enough?

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby KeepinItTeal » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:12 pm

rambolz wrote:Wow! :shock: Those are some accurate numbers. I think I have to give these a try. Looks pretty similar to what I'm running now. How do you feel about the penalties with those sliders? Do you feel there are enough?

Penalties are a little light, but I don't think you can do much about that with this game, I have the penalty sliders pretty much maxed out. Through those eight games the Madden Jaguars have 29 penalties for 226 penalty yards (3.6 penalties per game). The average NFL team has 6-7 penalties called on them per game.

rambolz
All-Pro

Postby rambolz » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:57 pm

KeepinItTeal wrote:
rambolz wrote:Wow! :shock: Those are some accurate numbers. I think I have to give these a try. Looks pretty similar to what I'm running now. How do you feel about the penalties with those sliders? Do you feel there are enough?

Penalties are a little light, but I don't think you can do much about that with this game, I have the penalty sliders pretty much maxed out. Through those eight games the Madden Jaguars have 29 penalties for 226 penalty yards (3.6 penalties per game). The average NFL team has 6-7 penalties called on them per game.

Yeah, not much I've been able to do either to increase penalties. But thanks for posting the sliders and the results! I'll definitely give these a go.

cdcool
MVP

Postby cdcool » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:54 am

You are on 12 minutes Quarters, I make the sacrifice with 15

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby KeepinItTeal » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:51 pm

cdcool wrote:You are on 12 minutes Quarters, I make the sacrifice with 15

The reason being is that in my franchise I play out all of the Jaguars gams CPU v. CPU, but all other games are fast simmed. If I played out the Jags games at 15 min quarters by the end of the season my primary RB would have 100 more carries than the rest of the RB1s in the league and my QB would have 100+ more pass attempts. At 12 everything matches up with the rest of the league's stats and, in addition, as seen above, they also match up nicely with real life NFL stats.

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:52 am

What I’ve always been trying to do is get more than 1 RB sub out. For example TJ Yeldon or Corey Grant subbing for Chris Ivory or Leorard Fournette.
We’re you able to get any subs while playing like I’m talking about?

cdcool
MVP

Postby cdcool » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:28 am

KeepinItTeal wrote:

The reason being is that in my franchise I play out all of the Jaguars gams CPU v. CPU, but all other games are fast simmed. If I played out the Jags games at 15 min quarters by the end of the season my primary RB would have 100 more carries than the rest of the RB1s in the league and my QB would have 100+ more pass attempts. At 12 everything matches up with the rest of the leagues stats and, in addition, as seen above, they also match up nicely with real life NFL stats.

Sounds good! :D I have played this way also.

My sliders are strictly CPU vs CPU, all games need to be played out and no games fast simmed. Fast simmed games generated stats from my experience won’t match up to actual CPU vs CPU game stats over time without adjusting settings in NZA’s editor, all games need to be played and measured the same way. I’ve tried your play method at 12 minutes also over the years.

Just my two cents, happy 12 minutes is working out for you. I was at 12 for minutes as I mentioned, just didn’t feel like an actual football game to me with less minutes played. 15 minutes has issues also but the extra 3 minutes per quarter for all teams works.

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby KeepinItTeal » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:19 am

Austinmario13 wrote:What I’ve always been trying to do is get more than 1 RB sub out. For example TJ Yeldon or Corey Grant subbing for Chris Ivory or Leorard Fournette.
We’re you able to get any subs while playing like I’m talking about?

The only way I've been able to get carries for the other RBs is to go into the Formation Subs page and select a few formations and slot in the back-up RBs. That way they will get a few carries each game. There's also the RB1 - RB2 slider on the coach's settings but I'm not sure it is very effective.

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby KeepinItTeal » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:20 am

cdcool wrote:
KeepinItTeal wrote:

The reason being is that in my franchise I play out all of the Jaguars gams CPU v. CPU, but all other games are fast simmed. If I played out the Jags games at 15 min quarters by the end of the season my primary RB would have 100 more carries than the rest of the RB1s in the league and my QB would have 100+ more pass attempts. At 12 everything matches up with the rest of the leagues stats and, in addition, as seen above, they also match up nicely with real life NFL stats.

Sounds good! :D I have played this way also.

My sliders are strictly CPU vs CPU, all games need to be played out and no games fast simmed. Fast simmed games generated stats from my experience won’t match up to actual CPU vs CPU game stats over time without adjusting settings in NZA’s editor, all games need to be played and measured the same way. I’ve tried your play method at 12 minutes also over the years.

Just my two cents, happy 12 minutes is working out for you. I was at 12 for minutes as I mentioned, just didn’t feel like an actual football game to me with less minutes played. 15 minutes has issues also but the extra 3 minutes per quarter for all teams works.

Yeah, if I played out every game CPU v CPU I would def go with 15 minutes. But, I don't have the time or interest to do that. :D :lol:

I do use NZA's editor to make adjustments and while it is not perfect across the board, I am happy with the results.

Return to “Sliders and adjustments”