I got a laptop!

Anything and everything.
peterparker
Banned

I got a laptop!

Postby peterparker » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:01 pm

But, it's slower than mud. It's a Gateway. I have Windows Vista, but I installed a Windows 10 Theme on it.

I got a laptop!

Sponsor

Sponsor

Kevin5455
Hall of Fame

Re: I got a laptop!

Postby Kevin5455 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:31 pm

peterparker wrote:But, it's slower than mud. It's a Gateway. I have Windows Vista, but I installed a Windows 10 Theme on it.

...good for you. :)

peterparker
Banned

Postby peterparker » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:53 pm

Kevin5455 wrote:
peterparker wrote:But, it's slower than mud. It's a Gateway. I have Windows Vista, but I installed a Windows 10 Theme on it.

...good for you. :)

I know. :lol:

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:48 pm

Gateway? Vista? Wow... You know you could throw Linux on there and get much better performance. Vista is the worst OS they've ever done.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

peterparker
Banned

Postby peterparker » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:48 pm

RevanFan wrote:

Gateway? Vista? Wow... You know you could throw Linux on there and get much better performance. Vista is the worst OS they've ever done.

Yeah. My brother gave it to me, so, I didn't really have a choice. I played Madden on it and it ran sooooooooooo slow. I was even doing H11 to see if that would do anything.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:26 pm

peterparker wrote:
RevanFan wrote:

Yeah. My brother gave it to me, so, I didn't really have a choice. I played Madden on it and it ran sooooooooooo slow. I was even doing H11 to see if that would do anything.

I mean, you do have a choice. Most Linux distros are free. Get Ubuntu or Mint, load it up with Mono and WINE, and play some games.
My Cowboys Journal

peterparker
Banned

Postby peterparker » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:27 pm

RevanFan wrote:
peterparker wrote:
RevanFan wrote:Gateway? Vista? Wow... You know you could throw Linux on there and get much better performance. Vista is the worst OS they've ever done.

I mean, you do have a choice. Most Linux distros are free. Get Ubuntu or Mint, load it up with Mono and WINE, and play some games.

You're speaking jibberish in my world, WTF does distro mean? Mono? (WINE is a drink)(Just Kidding) WINE? Ubuntu? Mint?

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:29 pm

peterparker wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
peterparker wrote:Yeah. My brother gave it to me, so, I didn't really have a choice. I played Madden on it and it ran sooooooooooo slow. I was even doing H11 to see if that would do anything.

You're speaking jibberish in my world, WTF does distro mean? Mono? (WINE is a drink)(Just Kidding) WINE? Ubuntu? Mint?

Distro is short for "distribution". Versions of Linux are called distros. Mono is a runtime environment meant to emulate Microsoft .NET Framework on Linux. WINE allows you to run games and programs designed for Windows on Linux. Ubuntu and Linux Mint are versions, or distros, of Linux that are hugely popular.

Feel free to try them in a virtual machine if you want to see if you could like them.
My Cowboys Journal

peterparker
Banned

Postby peterparker » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:32 pm

RevanFan wrote:
peterparker wrote:
RevanFan wrote:I mean, you do have a choice. Most Linux distros are free. Get Ubuntu or Mint, load it up with Mono and WINE, and play some games.

Distro is short for "distribution". Versions of Linux are called distros. Mono is a runtime environment meant to emulate Microsoft .NET Framework on Linux. WINE allows you to run games and programs designed for Windows on Linux. Ubuntu and Linux Mint are versions, or distros, of Linux that are hugely popular.

Feel free to try them in a virtual machine if you want to see if you could like them.

Okay...................

peterparker
Banned

Postby peterparker » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:59 pm

About that going slow, my battery plan was on power-saving mode, but I just put it on high performance.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”