Trubisky HYPE

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Trubisky HYPE

Postby RevanFan » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:45 am

RGIII would never work as a wide receiver. He's already lost most of his speed from his knee injuries.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Sponsor

Sponsor

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:08 am

RevanFan wrote:RGIII would never work as a wide receiver. He's already lost most of his speed from his knee injuries.

I agree. In Cleveland he looked slower scrambling than Aaron Rodgers. Not that Aaron is slow, but his game is pocket passing and then buying enough time to throw. That was never RG3's game. RG3's first step, the planting and accelerating step, looked closer to Jake Taylor than Willie Mays Hayes.
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:54 am

trey31 wrote:
RevanFan wrote:RGIII would never work as a wide receiver. He's already lost most of his speed from his knee injuries.

I agree. In Cleveland he looked slower scrambling than Aaron Rodgers. Not that Aaron is slow, but his game is pocket passing and then buying enough time to throw. That was never RG3's game. RG3's first step, the planting and accelerating step, looked closer to Jake Taylor than Willie Mays Hayes.

"Wild-Thing" Vaughn could probably keep up with him. I love it.

It's a real shame, too. He was a world-class sprinter at Baylor.

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:57 am

We tried RG3 at WR once in 2013 or 2014. It was ugly.

Getting converted to WR won't automatically make you great either. Terrelle Pryor is over-hyped. He's okay at WR, but he's not looking the like #1 receiver he was billed as. He looks like the Redskins' second coming of Rod Gardner, aka "50/50" (who coincidentally played QB his freshman year in college before converting WR). Half the time he'll make a hard catch, half the time he'll drop an easy one. At all times, his route running is mediocre. He shined in Cleveland because they force-fed him the ball; everyone else was simply worse.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:31 pm

NickyJ wrote:We tried RG3 at WR once in 2013 or 2014. It was ugly.

Getting converted to WR won't automatically make you great either. Terrelle Pryor is over-hyped. He's okay at WR, but he's not looking the like #1 receiver he was billed as. He looks like the Redskins' second coming of Rod Gardner, aka "50/50" (who coincidentally played QB his freshman year in college before converting WR). Half the time he'll make a hard catch, half the time he'll drop an easy one. At all times, his route running is mediocre. He shined in Cleveland because they force-fed him the ball; everyone else was simply worse.

This is so true! I can remember all the NFL.com hype posts about Terrelle Pryor being the next dynamic #1/randy moss type player lol.....only to have an average season by wr standards.....then people make excuses about the teams he played for etc.....but the truth is a true dynamic wr will make game changing plays regardless of the team surrounding them.....I haven't seen enough from Pryor to agree with all the bogus written on NFL.com last year about him being some offensive dynamo.....just not happening...
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:58 pm

1312qohelet wrote:"Wild-Thing" Vaughn could probably keep up with him. I love it.

It's a real shame, too. He was a world-class sprinter at Baylor.

I wanted to compare him from his last season playing in Cleveland to someone else from Cleveland. It was a toss up between Tom Berenger in Major League or Betty White from Hot in Cleveland. Either comparison to RG3's first step fits imho :lol:
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

Kevin5455
Hall of Fame

Postby Kevin5455 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:43 am

Trubisky has been looking pretty good...I don't understand why Q is so upset about it

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:54 am

Kevin5455 wrote:Trubisky has been looking pretty good...I don't understand why Q is so upset about it

I don't understand why you think Q is upset.
Is it because I said he looked like Jimmy Clausen in his first game?
It takes a lot more than that to get my goat.

He's made a few good plays....not nearly enough for me to agree that "he looks pretty good".
He looks like crap. But, to be fair, he's not the only one on that team that looks poopy.
The coaching staff isn't doing the kid any favors. Furthermore, the entire offense, outside of Jordan Howard, is a tire fire.
They called 7 pass plays for the entire game, against Carolina. One could make the argument that they were simply playing "situational football". I can see that. But, I also see a coaching staff that doesn't trust him to put the ball in the air.
A lot of that is due to the lack of talent on the outside. There are several Colleges (probably more) that have a better WR Corps, than Chicago.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:39 am

1312qohelet wrote:I also see a coaching staff that doesn't trust him to put the ball in the air. A lot of that is due to the lack of talent on the outside. There are several Colleges (probably more) that have a better WR Corps, than Chicago.

I don't disagree with your assessment of the Bears receivers, but I'll offer a rebuttal anyway.

Notre Dame rolled, and I mean rolled like a steamroller, over USC's secondary last week and there had been plenty of conversation about the lack of production and/or ability of the Irish receiving corps earlier this season.

Scheme, situational playcall, coaching effectiveness, receiver talent, blocking talent, quarterback ability/limitations, all weigh on what teams can and cannot do on the field. Right now I think the Bears issues go far beyond the ability, or lack thereof, of their receivers.

Edit: I do want to add that I think it is wise that Trubisky isn't being thrown to the wolves like Akili Smith/Ryan Leaf...

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:18 am

trey31 wrote:
1312qohelet wrote:I also see a coaching staff that doesn't trust him to put the ball in the air. A lot of that is due to the lack of talent on the outside. There are several Colleges (probably more) that have a better WR Corps, than Chicago.

I don't disagree with your assessment of the Bears receivers, but I'll offer a rebuttal anyway.

Notre Dame rolled, and I mean rolled like a steamroller, over USC's secondary last week and there had been plenty of conversation about the lack of production and/or ability of the Irish receiving corps earlier this season.

Scheme, situational playcall, coaching effectiveness, receiver talent, blocking talent, quarterback ability/limitations, all weigh on what teams can and cannot do on the field. Right now I think the Bears issues go far beyond the ability, or lack thereof, of their receivers.

Edit: I do want to add that I think it is wise that Trubisky isn't being thrown to the wolves like Akili Smith/Ryan Leaf...

Yeah, I dig your point of view. The coaches are definitely being careful with him.
Trubisky isn't going back to the bench, unless there's an injury, so he's got the opportunity.

Return to “NFL Football”