Madden Amp BETA Release Thread

StingRay68
Hall of Fame

Re: Madden Amp BETA Release Thread

Postby StingRay68 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:58 pm

No, that error is due to the yearly increase % for contracts... I've already fixed that, will update it here tomorrow at some point.

Sponsor

Sponsor

StingRay68
Hall of Fame

Postby StingRay68 » Mon May 01, 2017 10:51 am

Updated to 4.1 Beta 7

Ohgr
Rookie

Postby Ohgr » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:11 pm

I have all sort of troubles with Madden Amp 4.1

I'm currently in the offseason prior the draft, following Nza's franchise guide.
Here is my problem:

In the guide it says get control over all teams at day 0 of the first FA period. Then simulate ingame draft up to rookie signing. I did this. Did not simulate further. According to the guide I should be able to enter the draft via Madden Amp. But that is not clickable. In other backup files of the off season it wasn't possible either. So I thought i probably have to import the draftclass first. So I generate the draftclass with madden amp and imported it again. Now Madden Amp is asking me, if I am sure that I used the same version of the editor....well obviously I did. So I'm kinda stuck. (error message was an Number of fields at line 2 is incorrect)

Next thing I tried was to get version 4.0. But the zip file is broken. (unexpected ending).

Then I tried to go even lower. 3.5 doesn't work on 64 bit.
I'm playing on windows 10, admin mode btw.
Roster/Franchise file is completely custom teams/generated guys. Which I assume to be the reason why it doesn't work as it should.

Other issues that occured:
Can't change "desire for NFL team" in city editor, along with tv marketability and some more that I can not remember.

StingRay68
Hall of Fame

Postby StingRay68 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:34 pm

Ohgr wrote:I have all sort of troubles with Madden Amp 4.1
I'm currently in the offseason prior the draft, following Nza's franchise guide.
Here is my problem:

In the guide it says get control over all teams at day 0 of the first FA period. Then simulate ingame draft up to rookie signing. I did this. Did not simulate further. According to the guide I should be able to enter the draft via Madden Amp. But that is not clickable. In other backup files of the off season it wasn't possible either. So I thought i probably have to import the draftclass first. So I generate the draftclass with madden amp and imported it again. Now Madden Amp is asking me, if I am sure that I used the same version of the editor....well obviously I did. So I'm kinda stuck. (error message was an Number of fields at line 2 is incorrect)

Next thing I tried was to get version 4.0. But the zip file is broken. (unexpected ending).

Then I tried to go even lower. 3.5 doesn't work on 64 bit.
I'm playing on windows 10, admin mode btw.
Roster/Franchise file is completely custom teams/generated guys. Which I assume to be the reason why it doesn't work as it should.

Yes, you assume correctly. Directly from the revisions notes on the splash screen :
*NOTE : Any franchise that was made to include custom teams or was made with a custom league is not going to work correctly with Madden AMP.

I update amp on a machine running windows 7, so I cannot comment on if amp will work correctly with any windows versions released since.
I will look into adding some sort of a disclaimer to the revisions/changelog regarding this.

Also, NZA's guide was written roughly 10 years ago and things have changed considerably since then with the current version of madden amp.
The various changes to the draft feature can be found in the changelogs.
* Added version specific code so that the draft feature will only be available when the franchise file has been saved after the in game draft has been completed and is at the start of signing draft picks.

Ohgr wrote:Other issues that occured:
Can't change "desire for NFL team" in city editor, along with tv marketability and some more that I can not remember.

Your "other issues" are legitimate.
The city editor options you specified, and likely others, I do need to fix. Thanks.

Ohgr
Rookie

Postby Ohgr » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:24 pm

So when would I be supposed to run the draft - assuming I'm not doing the custom fancyness stuff?
Would that still be after simming the draft or has that changed?

I also tried to do the camp meanwhile, which gave me this error. Yes, most likely because I'm running custom stuff, but that stuff is way beyond me, maybe you'll find something to fix in there as well (apologize for german words, I don't know how to change language):
[Error text removed]

StingRay68
Hall of Fame

Postby StingRay68 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:30 pm

Ohgr wrote:So when would I be supposed to run the draft - assuming I'm not doing the custom fancyness stuff?
Would that still be after simming the draft or has that changed?

I also tried to do the camp meanwhile, which gave me this error. Yes, most likely because I'm running custom stuff, but that stuff is way beyond me, maybe you'll find something to fix in there as well (apologize for german words, I don't know how to change language):

As I said earlier, after the in-game draft is complete and before you sign picks. In other words, simulate the draft in madden. Advance to sign players, but DO NOT sign players. Save and then load in madden amp.

I did not write the camp feature, there weren't enough comments in the original code for me to try and fix anything. If it doesn't work for you as is, you will have to avoid using it.

Ohgr
Rookie

Postby Ohgr » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:31 pm

Awesome. Thanks for the support :) I truly appreciate that.

alouettes411
Veteran

Postby alouettes411 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:50 pm

I tried to download from post #2 from link but it is not working. can you re-link it?

update: the link is back online. thanks

DarKommi
All-Pro

Postby DarKommi » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:37 am

I have problem with the draft too..

Just installed fresh Madden, without any mods, adds or anything. At the end of FA get controll of all 32 teams, simulate to the singing picks, save fra. Loaded into AMP and draft option is not available. What could be a problem?

Only thing I did in this fra was exporting draft class.. few changes, then import it back. I did this while fra was saved at the retiring stage(followed NZA guide). But I did this so many times before and didn't have any problems with the draft, until now.

Regarding the OS I'm win10 user, as before when everything was ok with the Madden AMP draft option.

I really don't know what else could prevent going to draft option in Madden AMP. Any advice on this?? Thanks!

StingRay68
Hall of Fame

Postby StingRay68 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:55 pm

DarKommi wrote:I have problem with the draft too..
Just installed fresh Madden, without any mods, adds or anything. At the end of FA get control of all 32 teams, simulate to the singing picks, save fra.

It's just easier on my end if you PM me your franchise and I will have a look.

[Edit - updated code]

Return to “Utilities”