Windows 10 update caused widescreen issue

Madden crashing, franchise corrupt, games won't sim? Get help here.
officialjlens
Rookie

Postby officialjlens » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:33 am

Hello! I've been playing Madden 08 for the past few months now and it's been a relatively smooth experience. Sadly, I just updated today to the new Windows 10 creators update and even since then I can't run Madden in my native 1366x768 resolution. I know that that specific resolution isn't technically supported in the game itself but I was able to get it running in that resolution before when I installed this (https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/downloa ... px?id=8109) [I got that link from a previous post of mine here in the forum]. But when I re-installed the files, it doesn't work;meaning it just reverts back to 1280x720. My specs are: I3-4170 (3.7 GHz), 4 gb ram and a Powercolor 6570 2GB. Any help would be much appreciated!

Sponsor

Sponsor

Gridiron
MVP

Re: Windows 10 update caused widescreen issue

Postby Gridiron » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:21 am

You have 4 main options, each one gets better.
1) Live with WX restrictions on that computer, and do not use it for MADDEN.
2) Roll back the OS to last week and stop the automatic WX updating.
3) Install a PERSONAL COMPUTER OPERATING SYSTEM that is stable. Since Microsoft has removed W7 from the retail channel, I suggest that you locate an ISO of Tiny 7 and install that to a separate partition. It works very well for MADDEN, the only restriction is the inability to use a few utilities like the SCP (PlayStation3 controller) drivers.
4) Obtain an old dedicated Win XP/7 computer for MADDEN 08 NFL and other classics.
GRIDIRON! The 1st physics based computer football simulation.

madden07eurocat
Hall of Fame

Postby madden07eurocat » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:52 pm

Gridiron wrote:You have 4 main options, each one gets better.
3) Install a PERSONAL COMPUTER OPERATING SYSTEM that is stable. Since Microsoft has removed W7 from the retail channel, I suggest that you locate an ISO of Tiny 7 and install that to a separate partition. It works very well for MADDEN, the only restriction is the inability to use a few utilities like the SCP (PlayStation3 controller) drivers.
4) Obtain an old dedicated Win XP/7 computer for MADDEN 08 NFL and other classics.

I like Gridiron's #3 suggestion. I built my PC and have W7 Ultimate on it and everything works great. I play with an XBOX 360 controller. I just plugged it in and it works just fine so the drivers for that are already included. If you use the latest Calhoupe's Madden Scripts and choose to use the 1920x1080 resolution script that works as well. I know that I have the widescreen patch applied for my use of tiger woods 08 but I don't believe that I have that applied to this game. It's been a while since I installed and I can't remember, but I don't think that it is applied to Madden08.
Don't sweat the petty things, and yet don't pet the sweaty things! ;)

officialjlens
Rookie

Postby officialjlens » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:12 pm

madden07eurocat wrote:
Gridiron wrote:You have 4 main options, each one gets better.

I like Gridiron's #3 suggestion. I built my PC and have W7 Ultimate on it and everything works great. I play with an XBOX 360 controller. I just plugged it in and it works just fine so the drivers for that are already included. If you use the latest Calhoupe's Madden Scripts and choose to use the 1920x1080 resolution script that works as well. I know that I have the widescreen patch applied for my use of tiger woods 08 but I don't believe that I have that applied to this game. It's been a while since I installed and I can't remember, but I don't think that it is applied to Madden08.

Thank you Gridiron and Madden07 for the advice!! I'll try your suggestions and will let you know if it works :)

Return to “Troubleshooting”