The NBA Finals: Cavs and Warriors...again.

Kevin5455
Hall of Fame

Postby Kevin5455 » Fri May 26, 2017 11:13 am

The Cavaliers and Warriors are back in the Finals for the 3rd-year in a row, which explains my point: The NBA is a non-competitive league with unintelligent bandwagons that everyone should just stop watching :roll: .

(this is coming from a loyal Spurs fan)

Don't get me wrong, guys. I'm not going to stop watching basketball...I just wish the playoffs were actually FUN, rather than seeing teams swept most of the time.

I'm not a genius, but it would actually be pretty cool if the playoff series' were just ONE game and the Finals could be SEVEN. Also, maybe you could just merge the Eastern Conference and the Western Conference together so that the top 16 teams could go to the playoffs, like imagine if a team had only 35 wins and could still make the playoffs :) ; these would possibly -- POSSIBLY -- make playoffs fun to watch. ;)

Again, this is just my silly idea. You don't have to agree with me.

Sponsor

Sponsor

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Re: The NBA Finals: Cavs and Warriors...again.

Postby JSamuel » Fri May 26, 2017 1:03 pm

The Warriors are going to win.

achernar
Hall of Fame

Postby achernar » Fri May 26, 2017 2:13 pm

I think the Finals will be fun...
but until now Cavs and Warrios making 4-0 every round isn't the definition of FUN...

Luxurt Tax should change... IMO..

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Fri May 26, 2017 10:06 pm

These playoffs are horribly boring.....

Warriors will win the finals in 5 games 4-1 over the Cavs. The W's are too strong offensively for the Cavs to keep pace. Most of the games the W's will at least have a 12 pt lead at halftime....this is my "prognostication" ;)
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Kevin5455
Hall of Fame

Postby Kevin5455 » Fri May 26, 2017 11:02 pm

ultimatum77 wrote:These playoffs are horribly boring.....

Warriors will win the finals in 5 games 4-1 over the Cavs. The W's are too strong offensively for the Cavs to keep pace. Most of the games the W's will at least have a 12 pt lead at halftime....this is my "prognostication" ;)

The Cavs are balanced though.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Sat May 27, 2017 12:27 pm

Kevin5455 wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:These playoffs are horribly boring.....

The Cavs are balanced though.

4 superstars are better than 3......KD, Curry, Thompson, Draymond.....will outscore kyrie, love, and lebron....because you will always have one of those 4 guys being guarded by an average defender....JR Smith is good at defense but very streaky....sometimes he's locked in on defense other days he's just out there......

Lebron won't be repeating with the CAVS as champs this year.....and in reality its all due to the 3 pt shot being a crazy weapon for the W's whereas cleveland is not going to kill anyone via the 3 pt shot.....getting a 2 for every 3 pt shot is a sure way to losing .....just ask AI and the 76ers how that went when they got owned by the 3 pt shot against the Lakers in the 2001 finals......space and pace are what the W's are good at and that will kill the Cavs more slow/methodical offense.....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Kevin5455
Hall of Fame

Postby Kevin5455 » Sat May 27, 2017 12:34 pm

ultimatum77 wrote: 4 superstars are better than 3......KD, Curry, Thompson, Draymond.....will outscore kyrie, love, and lebron....because you will always have one of those 4 guys being guarded by an average defender....JR Smith is good at defense but very streaky....sometimes he's locked in on defense other days he's just out there......

Remember Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen against the Bad Boys: Rodman, Thomas, Laimbeer, Joe Dumars? They won 4-0 in the 1991 ECF. :) ;)

I'm thinking of the Warriors in 7 btw.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Sat May 27, 2017 12:57 pm

Kevin5455 wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote: 4 superstars are better than 3......KD, Curry, Thompson, Draymond.....will outscore kyrie, love, and lebron....because you will always have one of those 4 guys being guarded by an average defender....JR Smith is good at defense but very streaky....sometimes he's locked in on defense other days he's just out there......

Remember Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen against the Bad Boys: Rodman, Thomas, Laimbeer, Joe Dumars? They won 4-0 in the 1991 ECF. :) ;)

I'm thinking of the Warriors in 7 btw.

Lol, that's way before my time....I didn't start watching basketball until I was 4 in 1994 lol and became a Jordan fan. But yea I've read up on the bad boy pistons and isaiah thomas trash talking lol.....I still think the W's have more talented/better roster depth teamwise.....

Steve Kerr and Pippen were my other favorite bulls players back then especially for the 3pt shooting both of those players were very good at.

GeneralSilent
MVP

Postby GeneralSilent » Mon May 29, 2017 7:47 pm

The NBA playoffs are a joke. At least we have the NHL, but that'll be gone soon.
God bless america!

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Tue May 30, 2017 5:57 am

GeneralSilent wrote:The NBA playoffs are a joke. At least we have the NHL, but that'll be gone soon.

Yup I enjoy the NHL and am rooting for the predators to win. They are underdogs and with a game 1 loss that was actually competitive they need to win their home games to have a chance at beating pittsburgh. What is it about pittsburgh that causes TN fans so much grief! Seriously, I remember the classic battles between the Titans and Steelers in the late 90's and early 2000's until they redid all the divisions instead of the AFC central......been a TN guy all my life....Vols, Titans, Grizzlies and Preds fan and I want TN to win something so bad....get some recognition/on the map so to speak.....but usually pittsburgh teams like the steelers or penguins crushes those dreams .....but I'm hoping lol...

Return to “Basketball”