The NBA Finals: Cavs and Warriors...again.

Kevin5455
Hall of Fame

Re: The NBA Finals: Cavs and Warriors...again.

Postby Kevin5455 » Wed May 31, 2017 6:35 am

ultimatum77 wrote:
Kevin5455 wrote:
JSamuel wrote:Join the massive club, the one over half of America is in.

Bandwagons...unfortunately.
I just CAN'T FIND an actual LOYAL Warriors fan.

exactly, where were they when the W's were the joke of the league a few years back......now we have so many people wearing blue and yellow and talking smack of how "we" (warriors) won the year before and dynasty blah blah. To which one asks the bandwagon idiot.....are you actually on the roster bro? There is no "we" it's my team won and I'm a fan....all this crap about "we won" from joe beer bellies.....who probably don't even excercise except for moving their forearm to their mouth with a potato chip in hand.....

I was never a warriors fan, I always was a mavs and knicks fan (even though the knicks are a complete crap show right now)......but I will be rooting for the W's so KD can finally get a ring....if they lose again this will look really bad on KD because he left OKC to get a ring and it's his 2nd chance at a ring and he can't close with a talented team like the W's then that will be a dark spot on his career until he wins a ring.....

Lebron gets a LOT of favorable foul calls imo......I hope KD with his huge arms can block some of LBJ's shots and get in his head like Kawhi did a few seasons back.....

I think the best thing to do is ask them questions about their history and whatever. THEN you could tell if they're a bandwagon or not.

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed May 31, 2017 7:59 am

Kevin5455 wrote:I think the best thing to do is ask them questions about their history and whatever. THEN you could tell if they're a bandwagon or not.

If they're honest, that works. For example, take me:

I've been a Yankees fan since I was four years old. I've watched almost every single game for the last four years, except for last year (I have Comcast), and watched many, many games every year before. I've been going to games for about five or six years, either driving an hour and a half or taking an annoying train in a steaming hot train station packed with people. I've studied their entire history, even dating back to when they were the Baltimore Orioles (which they no longer acknowledge.) I watch them when they're great. I watch them when they suck. And I know I'm not a part of the team, but it feels like I am, and whenever I set foot in that Stadium, I feel like I'm at home.

As for the Cowboys, I've never been to a game, but I've also been a fan since the moment I started watching football. Got it from my dad, who was a fan since he was a kid himself. I've watched as many games as possible living in New York ever since I started watching football, and not only do I know a lot about their history, I've recreated all of it in Madden. I watch them when they're really, really good, and I watch them when they're really, really bad. And in my life, it's been a little more of the bad than the good (though 2006, 2007, 2009, 2014, and 2016 were all pretty good.) But I'll follow the silver and blue till the day I die, and if there's an afterlife, some more after that.

If people describe their fandom like that, you can probably bet they're not bandwagon fans. If it's something like, "Well... I like Curry. He's cool." Well... yeah.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Kevin5455
Hall of Fame

Postby Kevin5455 » Wed May 31, 2017 11:07 am

RevanFan wrote:
Kevin5455 wrote:I think the best thing to do is ask them questions about their history and whatever. THEN you could tell if they're a bandwagon or not.

If they're honest, that works. For example, take me:

I've been a Yankees fan since I was four years old. I've watched almost every single game for the last four years, except for last year (I have Comcast), and watched many, many games every year before. I've been going to games for about five or six years, either driving an hour and a half or taking an annoying train in a steaming hot train station packed with people. I've studied their entire history, even dating back to when they were the Baltimore Orioles (which they no longer acknowledge.) I watch them when they're great. I watch them when they suck. And I know I'm not a part of the team, but it feels like I am, and whenever I set foot in that Stadium, I feel like I'm at home.

As for the Cowboys, I've never been to a game, but I've also been a fan since the moment I started watching football. Got it from my dad, who was a fan since he was a kid himself. I've watched as many games as possible living in New York ever since I started watching football, and not only do I know a lot about their history, I've recreated all of it in Madden. I watch them when they're really, really good, and I watch them when they're really, really bad. And in my life, it's been a little more of the bad than the good (though 2006, 2007, 2009, 2014, and 2016 were all pretty good.) But I'll follow the silver and blue till the day I die, and if there's an afterlife, some more after that.

If people describe their fandom like that, you can probably bet they're not bandwagon fans. If it's something like, "Well... I like Curry. He's cool." Well... yeah.

Dude, I've been a Spurs fan since I started watching basketball when I was 6, probably about the last time the Celtics advanced to the Finals (2008?). I've never been to a Spurs game before; I'm a New Yorker and besides I'd rather watch at home with my dad (maybe if the Spurs played the Knicks at MSG ;) :) ).

I disagree with my friends at school who watch basketball and "like" the Warriors or Cavaliers. Just THREE years ago, they liked either the Spurs or the Heat :roll: . And that's the problem with falling in love with a great team like San Antonio, because when they win a title, EVERYONE assumes you're a bandwagon. I have an old Tim Duncan jersey I used to wear to school when I was a kid, but apparently, either no one cared or they simply said that "LeBron's Miami Heat is better" or "I like the Heat now, the Spurs suck, dude." Like what the hell??? :roll:

As a Patriots fan, I'm not loathed , but rather HARASSED :x :x . I have been a Patriots fan since I turned five and I never let go of them since. When they made it to Super Bowl XLIX, everyone rooted for the Seahawks because, according to the smartasses surrounding me, "Brady's a cheater and he wins every year!" Okay, SO he did deflate the balls to win a game (which left me a bit upset :( ), but he DOESN'T FRICKING WIN EVERY YEAR!!! :evil: I have to continue REMINDING everyone that there ARE OTHER SUCCESSFUL TEAMS in the NFL: Broncos (Manning era), Steelers, Raiders, Cowboys, Cardinals, SEAHAWKS for Christ Sake!!!. Even when the Patriots go 0-16, I'll still watch them...because I'm loyal. :)

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:41 am

Kevin5455 wrote:
Dude, I've been a Spurs fan since I started watching basketball when I was 6, probably about the last time the Celtics advanced to the Finals (2008?). I've never been to a Spurs game before; I'm a New Yorker and besides I'd rather watch at home with my dad (maybe if the Spurs played the Knicks at MSG ;) :) ).

I disagree with my friends at school who watch basketball and "like" the Warriors or Cavaliers. Just THREE years ago, they liked either the Spurs or the Heat :roll: . And that's the problem with falling in love with a great team like San Antonio, because when they win a title, EVERYONE assumes you're a bandwagon. I have an old Tim Duncan jersey I used to wear to school when I was a kid, but apparently, either no one cared or they simply said that "LeBron's Miami Heat is better" or "I like the Heat now, the Spurs suck, dude." Like what the hell??? :roll:

As a Patriots fan, I'm not loathed , but rather HARASSED :x :x . I have been a Patriots fan since I turned five and I never let go of them since. When they made it to Super Bowl XLIX, everyone rooted for the Seahawks because, according to the smartasses surrounding me, "Brady's a cheater and he wins every year!" Okay, SO he did deflate the balls to win a game (which left me a bit upset :( ), but he DOESN'T FRICKING WIN EVERY YEAR!!! :evil: I have to continue REMINDING everyone that there ARE OTHER SUCCESSFUL TEAMS in the NFL: Broncos (Manning era), Steelers, Raiders, Cowboys, Cardinals, SEAHAWKS for Christ Sake!!!. Even when the Patriots go 0-16, I'll still watch them...because I'm loyal. :)

Sounds similar to my story.
I fell in love th the Chicago Bears when I was about 5-6 years old and they won the Super Bowl....wwwaaaaaaayy back in the 1985-'86 season.

The "Bandwagoners" will always be a large part of professional sports.
It's difficult to be a "die-hard". Because you're there for all the failure.
Well, unless you are a "Die-Hard" fan of the Patriots :lol:

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:46 am

1312qohelet wrote:
Kevin5455 wrote:

I fell in love th the Chicago Bears when I was about 5-6 years old and they won the Super Bowl....wwwaaaaaaayy back in the 1985-'86 season.

Hey, Belichick is going to retire eventually. Maybe when he's 90 or something. :lol:

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:09 am

JSamuel wrote:
1312qohelet wrote:
Kevin5455 wrote:

Hey, Belichick is going to retire eventually. Maybe when he's 90 or something. :lol:

I bet Belichick retires the same year Brady does....or vise-versa.
I think they ride off together.
But, I thought Popovich and Duncan would have too. I was wrong about that.

Kevin5455
Hall of Fame

Postby Kevin5455 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:57 am

1312qohelet wrote:
JSamuel wrote:
1312qohelet wrote:Sounds similar to my story.

I bet Belichick retires the same year Brady does....or vise-versa.
I think they ride off together.
But, I thought Popovich and Duncan would have too. I was wrong about that.

Popovich is done dude. :(
In the playoffs when they played Golden State, they were PUTRID. I thought that was going to be a FUN series.

Kevin5455
Hall of Fame

Postby Kevin5455 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:59 am

And you wonder why EVERYONE is watching the NHL now...because sometimes it's unpredictable! :)

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:12 pm

Kevin5455 wrote:Bandwagons...unfortunately.
I just CAN'T FIND an actual LOYAL Warriors fan.

I like to watch them, I like that brand of basketball. I'm not claiming to be a dedicated fan of the team.

I am a vocal KD fan though. I loved that pick by the SONICS, and I looked forward to watching him for 10+ years.

.. I don't have a team anymore thanks to 3 d!ckheads and a cowardly group of owners too far up David Sterns pimply fat @$$ to stop a bad deal.

... I shouldn't watch the league at all. But it's kind of like next-gen Madden. for some reason, I just can't help myself.

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:31 pm

Kevin5455 wrote:As a Patriots fan, I'm not loathed , but rather HARASSED :x :x . I have been a Patriots fan since I turned five and I never let go of them since. When they made it to Super Bowl XLIX, everyone rooted for the Seahawks because, according to the smartasses surrounding me, "Brady's a cheater and he wins every year!" Okay, SO he did deflate the balls to win a game (which left me a bit upset :( ), but he DOESN'T FRICKING WIN EVERY YEAR!!! :evil: I have to continue REMINDING everyone that there ARE OTHER SUCCESSFUL TEAMS in the NFL: Broncos (Manning era), Steelers, Raiders, Cowboys, Cardinals, SEAHAWKS for Christ Sake!!!. Even when the Patriots go 0-16, I'll still watch them...because I'm loyal. :)

I've come across some pretty obnoxious fans in my lifetime (9ers, Cowboys, Steelers..)

I think Patriots fans ARE LOATHED.

Its obnoxious for a team that has had so much success, only to watch the fan base play the victim card. Spy-gate this, Deflate-gate that. Just ST%U and count your rings!!

Your team WAS caught cheating on multiple occasions. They were punished by the League accordingly. You rose above and won anyway! Thats the story! And good for you! I WISH my team cheated and had that kind of success instead of wetting the bed every January... that would be a welcome change instead of holding my breath waiting for the inevitable Mike McCarthy choke job!!

For me, if you didn't play the victim card, I wouldn't give you guys a passing thought. Instead, I've had to stop reading many of my favorite media outlets simply beacuse I can't STAND you guys and your miserable whining. (no offense to you personally! Just throwing the blanket over the group as a whole)

Return to “Basketball”