OKC vs GS

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

OKC vs GS

Postby JSamuel » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:22 am

Okay. The first quarter was good, the rest of the game was... not. I wanted Durant to lose so bad, the traitor. Every time you see KD play well, remember he was born and raised on the Thunder.

Here are the game highlights, in case you missed it:

OKC vs GS

Sponsor

Sponsor

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Re: OKC vs GS

Postby AaronS » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:58 pm

JSamuel wrote:Okay. The first quarter was good, the rest of the game was... not. I wanted Durant to lose so bad, the traitor. Every time you see KD play well, remember he was born and raised on the Thunder

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:06 pm

AaronS wrote:
JSamuel wrote:Okay. The first quarter was good, the rest of the game was... not. I wanted Durant to lose so bad, the traitor. Every time you see KD play well, remember he was born and raised on the Thunder

Okay, whatever. :lol:

Born in Seattle, raised in OKC.

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:04 pm

Durant was more than loyal to that organization and its fans. If not for LeBron and the Spurs, you'd have a ring.

.. not too dissimilar from the Sonics in the mid-90s. If not for Michael Jordan, who knows, you may not even have a basketball team to root for right now.

... and as a Patriots fan, how would you feel if Belichick up and cut Tom Brady next fall? He's done it before (Lawyer Milloy, Ty Law.. he just pulled another Belichick with Jamie Collins) It always amazes me how one-sided loyalty is in sports. Athletes are selfish and greedy, but the teams fans root for can do no wrong.

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:54 pm

AaronS wrote:Durant was more than loyal to that organization and its fans. If not for LeBron and the Spurs, you'd have a ring.

Isn't that the truth. We're all proud of him, and of what he's accomplished. He has done much for our fair state. But... we still think he's a traitor.

AaronS wrote:.. not too dissimilar from the Sonics in the mid-90s. If not for Michael Jordan, who knows, you may not even have a basketball team to root for right now.

I agree. You guys could have won the NBA finals. Of course, I'm glad now that you didn't, but I wouldn't have cared then because we didn't know we'd be getting your team if you lost.

AaronS wrote:... and as a Patriots fan, how would you feel if Belichick up and cut Tom Brady next fall? He's done it before (Lawyer Milloy, Ty Law.. he just pulled another Belichick with Jamie Collins) It always amazes me how one-sided loyalty is in sports. Athletes are selfish and greedy, but the teams fans root for can do no wrong.

If Belichick decides to cut Brady, it wouldn't even surprise me at all. That old man knows what he's doing. But I'm not a Brady or Belichick fan, I'm a Patriots fan. I'm rooting for the team, whether Brady's playing for them or not.

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:50 pm

Well, maybe it's just my experiences in Seattle

The Sonics move was an abomination. The Mariners almost moved to Tampa. And the Seahawks nearly moved to L.A. when I was a teen.

I have more in common with the athletes in these sports than the billionaires that employ them.

I relate to athletes who work very hard, perform their craft with passion and provide me with entertainment value.

What do the owners do? Other than line their pockets with my hard earned dollar? Hold communities hostage if they don't get their billion dollar palace? <bleep> them!

Return to “Basketball”