Kevin Love to the Cleveland Cavaliers

aramsbradford08
All-Pro

Postby aramsbradford08 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:30 pm

Cavs gave up quite a lot, but I'm happy to say I've never been this excited for the state of Ohio. We really deserve something special.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Re: Kevin Love to the Cleveland Cavaliers

Postby Danchat » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:57 pm

As a Minnesota native who doesn't care a ton about the Timberwolves, they seem to be getting a ton in return. Kevin Love has one year left in exhange for Andrew Wiggins, Anthony Bennett - two first overall picks (!) - and a 2015 first round pick. Dang. The Timberwolves may not have much talent but at least there's potential.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

aramsbradford08
All-Pro

Postby aramsbradford08 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:00 pm

Not only that, but if Wiggins is going to be good as everyone thinks, star players are gonna want to go play with him. This is a great deal on both sides.

akilgour13
All-Pro

Postby akilgour13 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:14 pm

Yeah but as a Minnesota native myself here's what's probably going to happen lol-K Love gets his ring in Cleveland with LeBron and Kyrie,so T- wolves get Wiggins,Bennett and a 2015 1st round pick.Wiggins bombs out,worst #1 pick ever gets given away in a nothing deal and becomes a star elsewhere,Bennett gets traded for Theo(last name escapes me) from the 76'rs and blows up there with Embiid, last years rookie of the year(can't remember,Micheal something) and the other hurt guy and they become a force in the East for years to come and the no 1 pick gets taken away by the NBA for shady under the table contract offer to second tier talent ala Joe Smith whereupon Ricky Rubio says this sucks and leaves after his contract is up-which makes owner Glen Taylor become a laughingstock in this town with the Minneapolis paper(which he recently bought) leading the ridicule lol. He sells the team it moves to Seattle and wins an NBA title 5 years after... Now in a just and fair world Wiggins becomes Kevin Garnett like here and the management puts a supporting cast around him and they actually make the playoffs again some time in the near future. But it could happen close to my doomsday scenario,seriously the Wolves might be worse than the Cubs when it comes to any good breaks ever bouncing their way. Part maybe most of it is bad management but Adelman couldn't even right the ship here. Things just seem to go wrong in bunches for the Wolves recently. But how in the world does a team never move up in the NBA draft EVER and only once get a pick that was not outside where the top talent was(Garnett the only exception). Now they have also created their own hole many times i won't recount them all,and i'm hoping this time it actually doesn't happen. All this aside at least they got something for Love but it will be another playoff year without the Wolves maybe another couple years again b4 they can contend for a spot. Plus their was some talk about a realignment where Wolves would move to Eastern conference now it probably happens and they will get beat by Love for years to come.Just sayin' lolz.

cowboysmb3dw28
Veteran

Postby cowboysmb3dw28 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:28 pm

Hahaha akilgour13 as a Minnesotan and lifelong Wolves fan your post made me laugh so much! The only thing you're missing is that with the pick the Wolves are going to receive they are gonna draft the next Ndudi Ebi. Good riddance to Love, don't let the door hit ya. As much as I root for the Wolves and not so proudly wear my Darko Milicic jersey to games, I can't blame Love one bit for wanting out. The Wolves aren't a sinking ship anymore, they're a sunken ship. Ship started sinking when KG left and sank when they decided to draft Flynn, Rubio, and have a roster with about 10 guards it seemed like. Not hating Rubio or anything. He makes some Nash like passes and even makes a shot every once in a while. I hope Wiggins and Bennett become something. But I don't have much hope. The Wolves make me feel like even if they do become stars the Wolves will just trade them for draft picks and washed up vets ala the Twins.
If this exact trade was made between the Cavs and any other team (in this theory, Love plays for any other team) it would be an even trade. But since it was the Wolves, it will manage to be an extremely lopsided trade in favor of the Cavs. The NBA gods hate the Timberwolves. Haha

akilgour13
All-Pro

Postby akilgour13 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:03 am

Thanks,only another Minnesotan could really understand the fatalistic view we have of our sports teams here lol - i'm old enough to have watched 3 of the four losing Super Bowl games and numerous other near misses like the North Stars(twice). It's really frustrating to invest time and effort into teams that break your heart,it's part of the attitude we get from seeing that idk if it's passive aggresive or what you would call it but the only other place it might feel the same way is maybe Buffalo 4 times with the super bowl and once in the stanley cup. I agree with you 100 percent ,the Cavs are going to get much more out of this than the t puppies lol.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:45 am

Moved to new forum.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

slydways
Banned
Location: Alliance,Ohio ........Home of the MOUNT UNION PURPLE RAIDERS 11 Division III National Championships

Postby slydways » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:56 am

Kevin Love , Labron James , Johnny Manziel Look out NY ,LA , Chicago , Boston...CLEVELAND ...is the new pro sports mecca. :o ..

Return to “Basketball”