NBA playoffs

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

NBA playoffs

Postby ultimatum77 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:29 pm

Anyone else keeping tabs / doing brackets for the NBA playoffs? I haven't done a bracket but I'm going with the Warriors vs. Bulls because they are looking strong lately and have beaten the Cavs during regular season. Cavs defense is not good enough imo to get back to the big dance just falling short in the EConf Finals in 6 games to the bulls. Warriors will win this year's Larry O'Brien Trophy also in 6 games
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

NBA playoffs

Sponsor

Sponsor

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Re: NBA playoffs

Postby JSamuel » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:14 am

It's going to be Warriors/Cavs

Nobody can beat the Warriors in a 7-game series, and no one can beat the Cavs in a 7-game series.

Sometimes I wish the NBA did something more like March Madness, then more teams would actually have a chance.

Kevin5455
Hall of Fame

Postby Kevin5455 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:04 am

JSamuel wrote:It's going to be Warriors/Cavs

Nobody can beat the Warriors in a 7-game series, and no one can beat the Cavs in a 7-game series.

Sometimes I wish the NBA did something more like March Madness, then more teams would actually have a chance.

That's why I don't watch basketball anymore.

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:15 pm

ultimatum77 wrote:Anyone else keeping tabs / doing brackets for the NBA playoffs?

Not since the Sonics didn't make the...... oh, wait.....

Quietly smiling over OKCs loss, as always. Just feels like all is right with the universe when they lose. Especially that putz Westbrook. Padding his stats blocking his own guys shot to collect a rebound... What a toolshed!

I'm rooting for the Bucks, but not expecting them to get very far.

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:03 pm

AaronS wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:Anyone else keeping tabs / doing brackets for the NBA playoffs?

Not since the Sonics didn't make the...... oh, wait.....

Quietly smiling over OKCs loss, as always. Just feels like all is right with the universe when they lose. Especially that putz Westbrook. Padding his stats blocking his own guys shot to collect a rebound... What a toolshed!

I'm rooting for the Bucks, but not expecting them to get very far.

I had better not say everything I want to say to you right now, because if I do, violent speech that has never been before seen on this site before may occur.

I'll just say that the Seattle Supersonics were the ones who drafted Westbrook, 4th overall.

And also that you shouldn't be mad at OKC, you should be mad at... whoever it was caused the team to move.

I'd better stop there.

Oh, and I'm going for the Bucks too.

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:58 pm

JSamuel wrote:And also that you shouldn't be mad at OKC, you should be mad at... whoever it was caused the team to move.

Whoever it was that caused the move?

As in, the owner of the team, douchepacker Clay Bennett?

Before moving the team, Bennett brought the Sonics management to Oklahoma City for a dinner. The executives dug into heaping plates of fried appetizers. When one of them finally asked the waitress what they were devouring, she told them it was lamb testicles. As everyone at the table choked with disgust, Clay Bennett just laughed his ass off.

Great guy, wouldn't you say?

How about his buisness partner, Aubrey McLendon?

We didn't buy the Seattle SuperSonics to keep them in Seattle

Those comments led to a lawsuit.

Then, I particularly enjoyed reading about McLendon breaking federal ant-trust suit laws. Nothing like rigging bids and stealing money from taxpayers. Poor little trust fund baby was forced to take his own life rather than serve a federal prison sentence.

It's not your fault Seattle was anally violated... it's not Oklahoma Citys fault either. But I don't have to sit here and say good things about it.

The theft of this team was unprecedented in the history of Pro Sports. Thankfully, that's something you will probably never have to cope with in your lifetime. I'm not handling it very well, least of all at Playoff time. And it was UNBEARABLE watching Kevin Durant DESTROY his competition and go to NBA Finals with teams that belonged in MY CITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:05 am

AaronS wrote:
JSamuel wrote:And also that you shouldn't be mad at OKC, you should be mad at... whoever it was caused the team to move.

Before moving the team, Bennett brought the Sonics management to Oklahoma City for a dinner. The executives dug into heaping plates of fried appetizers. When one of them finally asked the waitress what they were devouring, she told them it was lamb testicles. As everyone at the table choked with disgust, Clay Bennett just laughed his ass off.

Then, I particularly enjoyed reading about McLendon breaking federal ant-trust suit laws. Nothing like rigging bids and stealing money from taxpayers. Poor little trust fund baby was forced to take his own life rather than serve a federal prison sentence.

It's not your fault Seattle was anally violated... it's not Oklahoma Citys fault either. But I don't have to sit here and say good things about it.

The theft of this team was unprecedented in the history of Pro Sports. Thankfully, that's something you will probably never have to cope with in your lifetime. I'm not handling it very well, least of all at Playoff time. And it was UNBEARABLE watching Kevin Durant DESTROY his competition and go to NBA Finals with teams that belonged in MY CITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well said...well said, indeed.

I grew up in Washington State and still live here.
Life time Superonics fan. I can remember having loads of fun, watching their games on local TV. Aaahh, the '80's.

I still miss them very much.

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:34 am

AaronS wrote:

Like qohelet mentioned, well said.

I'm definitely not a Clay Bennett fan. He's done a good job hiring the right people, like our GM Sam Presti. But he's not a great guy. Look at this article:

http://deadspin.com/380819/clay-bennett ... lahoma-too

Also, I've actually eaten cow testacles before. They're not bad, if you can get over the fact they... are texacos...

Kevin5455
Hall of Fame

Postby Kevin5455 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:20 pm

The Clippers lost a series early...again.
I kinda look at the Clippers as the Cincinnati Bengals of the NBA.......they can NEVER win a playoff game! :(

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Mon May 01, 2017 10:50 am

Kevin5455 wrote:The Clippers lost a series early...again.
I kinda look at the Clippers as the Cincinnati Bengals of the NBA.......they can NEVER win a playoff game! :(

I wish the Clippers could do better. I'm always disappointed when they lose.

Return to “Basketball”