Input on a Fictional OOTP League

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:07 pm

I know this forum isn't viewed often, but I want to ask for opinions if anyone does see it. I'm thinking of making a new custom baseball league in OOTP, and I want to hear any ideas anyone can think of to inspire how I should set it up. Team locations, themes, rules... anything at all. So lay it on me. If you could design your own baseball league, how would you do it?
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Sponsor

Sponsor

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Re: Input on a Fictional OOTP League

Postby MikeWest502 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:00 am

Show some love to the NCAA. It would be great to have a college baseball mod done for OOTP. Is it do-able?

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:01 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:Show some love to the NCAA. It would be great to have a college baseball mod done for OOTP. Is it do-able?

I don't see why it wouldn't be, but I personally have no interest in college baseball (or college sports in general). If you had all the logos I imagine you could very easily create a league based on college baseball provided you know the league structure and rules. OOTP 22 is extremely fluid in what it allows.
My Cowboys Journal

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:53 pm

RevanFan wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:Show some love to the NCAA. It would be great to have a college baseball mod done for OOTP. Is it do-able?

I don't see why it wouldn't be, but I personally have no interest in college baseball (or college sports in general). If you had all the logos I imagine you could very easily create a league based on college baseball provided you know the league structure and rules. OOTP 22 is extremely fluid in what it allows.

Well if you did do a collegiate mod, it could be useful for MLBA drafts. Other OOTP players would probably use it, if you made it available. Or what about a farm league or Japanese League?

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:31 am

MikeWest502 wrote:
RevanFan wrote:

Well if you did do a collegiate mod, it could be useful for MLBA drafts. Other OOTP players would probably use it, if you made it available. Or what about a farm league or Japanese League?

OOTP already has full major leagues and minor leagues for MLB and the Negro Leagues going back to the 1880s, and it has full 2021 leagues for several foreign leagues, including from Japan, Germany, France, South Korea, and several more. So create a mod for a real league is completely unnecessary (except for college.) However... I have no interest in making any mods for OOTP. My interest is solely in creating a new custom fictional league for myself to play solo. I'm curious about how people would change the rules or league structure...

Let me ask you this? If you could design your dream baseball league, what would it look like? Rules, number of teams, roster size, playoff structure, draft setup, minor leagues, etc.?
My Cowboys Journal

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:30 am

RevanFan wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:
RevanFan wrote:I don't see why it wouldn't be, but I personally have no interest in college baseball (or college sports in general). If you had all the logos I imagine you could very easily create a league based on college baseball provided you know the league structure and rules. OOTP 22 is extremely fluid in what it allows.

OOTP already has full major leagues and minor leagues for MLB and the Negro Leagues going back to the 1880s, and it has full 2021 leagues for several foreign leagues, including from Japan, Germany, France, South Korea, and several more. So create a mod for a real league is completely unnecessary (except for college.) However... I have no interest in making any mods for OOTP. My interest is solely in creating a new custom fictional league for myself to play solo. I'm curious about how people would change the rules or league structure...

I didn't know how expansive OOTP already is. But still no college mod. It was just an idea.

Let me ask you this? If you could design your dream baseball league, what would it look like? Rules, number of teams, roster size, playoff structure, draft setup, minor leagues, etc.?

Return to “Other Sports Games”