NFL 2K5 PC

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Re: NFL 2K5 PC

Postby JSamuel » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:05 pm

AaronS wrote:...the community is full of a bunch of punk kids and fanboys.

That's me!*

*This is not true.

Sponsor

Sponsor

arden05
All-Pro

Postby arden05 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:09 pm

1312qohelet wrote:
AaronS wrote:
1312qohelet wrote:I am not a member over there, nor do I care to be, so I'd have to join and I really don't want to.

I'll give it some thought

OS is not a very good community, IMO.

The mods are dictators and the community is full of a bunch of punk kids and fanboys.

Take a pass unless it is the only place you can get the 2k rosters.

I am not going to join. I don't play 2k5 anymore.

I would love to help arden05, but I can't even run the dolphin emulator on my laptop.
It sucks. I still am interested in his 2K3/game cube project, but I won't be able to play it

No, prob. I'll keep updating the unis. I completed 3 more over the weekend. I also have an idea about the roster. It's a long work around to make it work, but I suppose it's doable. I guess it will just be a personal project since it seems no one else is capable of running the emulator. It's all good.
Check out sports inspired apparel, made for true fans @ http://fanfocusedtees.spreadshirt.com/

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:16 pm

arden05 wrote:
1312qohelet wrote:I am not going to join. I don't play 2k5 anymore.

I would love to help arden05, but I can't even run the dolphin emulator on my laptop.
It sucks. I still am interested in his 2K3/game cube project, but I won't be able to play it

No, prob. I'll keep updating the unis. I completed 3 more over the weekend. I also have an idea about the roster. It's a long work around to make it work, but I suppose it's doable. I guess it will just be a personal project since it seems no one else is capable of running the emulator. It's all good.

Go for it, brother.
Have you discussed this with rogerjinx?

He made an Axis Football roster for another member a while back.
I know Axis is way different and very mod friendly, but he's a talented guy.....you never know

RAIDENGTK
Rookie

Postby RAIDENGTK » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:07 pm

Interesting, I used to play that on Dreamcast... I'd be more interested if I didn't spend the offseason updating Madden 2005 PC..

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:25 pm

JSamuel wrote:

That's me!*

*This is not true.

I was a member of the original site, before it became OS.

The Mods there are awful. Absolutely intolerable. You can't criticize EA, even if your complaint valid, and if you dare disagree with anyone, you're a troll and you are likely to get banned. They need to grow the H@ll up.

And the kids at the site are the worst. They have no idea how great Madden *USED* to be and believe EA walks on water just for releasing a football game.

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:17 pm

AaronS wrote:
JSamuel wrote:

That's me!*

*This is not true.

I was a member of the original site, before it became OS.

The Mods there are awful. Absolutely intolerable. You can't criticize EA, even if your complaint valid, and if you dare disagree with anyone, you're a troll and you are likely to get banned. They need to grow the H@ll up.

And the kids at the site are the worst. They have no idea how great Madden *USED* to be and believe EA walks on water just for releasing a football game.

stupid-kids-these-days_o_431563.jpg
stupid-kids-these-days_o_431563.jpg (44.77 KiB) Viewed 4748 times

DarKommi
All-Pro

Postby DarKommi » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:15 am

So, anything less than i3 or i5 couldn't run pspx2 games? I just downloaded 2k5 PC and game really slows down when start a match. It's showing 30-50 fps but it look like it's on 10-20 fps. Sound also, terrible slow motion sound, I had to turn of speakers..

Anyway, i have e8400 3.0 ghz and R7 250 Radeon GPU with 4 GB ram. Why my PC can't run those emulator games smoothly? :S

cyclone2426
All-Pro

Postby cyclone2426 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:36 pm

For PCSX2 you have to have a pretty high-end system to get the more intensive games to run smoothly. The only time I saw someone running it smoothly was with a 4 GHz i5 or i7.

akilgour13
All-Pro

Postby akilgour13 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:28 pm

Success! I finally got the emulator to run nfl 2k5- PCSX2 version 1.4 something,i've got an i5- i think 2.83 ghz each core,8 gigs of ram and an nvidia gtx 645 w/2 gigs ram-sound is a little slow but gameplay works well,so it takes a fairly stout system,with these emus you need a lot of processor speed and system ram,vid card not so much.As newer emu updates hit there may be a little more optimization and requirements may lessen a little. I like that resolution and anti aliasing can be added,it looks very nice!

onehotelfoxtrot
Rookie

Postby onehotelfoxtrot » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:37 am

The ps2 emu (and 2K5 rom in general) is very processor dependent and if you have a dual core or lower CPU it will most likely not run at full speed.

Return to “Other Sports Games”