CPU vs CPU Mode Demo Cam PS2 : Madden 2002 vs Madden 06 / NCAA 06

Harry97
All-Pro

Re: CPU vs CPU Mode Demo Cam PS2 : Madden 2002 vs Madden 06 / NCAA 06

Postby Harry97 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:58 am

That looks really cool with what has been done with Madden 08 and Superstar Mode. I just think we all become motivated by each other's work one way or another but our modding journeys are very different. Calhoupe laid the groundwork for Madden 08 cheat engine modding, I've been solely focused on modding NCAA 06 for many years. I do think a collaboration is in order, but I have no clue if what he has done there for Superstar Mode in Madden translates to NCAA 06.

I would challenge anyone to try and implement a true "defensive" camera for NCAA 06 or a code that disables the automatical "auto-flip" when there's a change of possession, as it stands even when I can mod the camera temporarily, it will flip back to behind the offense during plays. In the demo camera, it doesn't auto-flip on change of possessions like it does on the regular cameras, it just pauses for a moment. I'm just digging for more camera codes so I can really implement a more automated broadcast camera with the demo camera that doesn't zoom in as much. Another goal of mine with would be to find a way to lock the camera on a player rather than the ball. As you can tell, I'm chasing dreams in NCAA 06 and although I've accomplished a lot, I don't want "settle" and be satisfied if there's more stones to be turned over.

Sponsor

Sponsor

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:09 am

Harry97 wrote:That looks really cool with what has been done with Madden 08 and Superstar Mode. I just think we all become motivated by each other's work one way or another but our modding journeys are very different. I agree 100% It's true after I read some of the modding processes and challenges you guys go through, I get that motivation.Calhoupe laid the groundwork for Madden 08 cheat engine modding, I've been solely focused on modding NCAA 06 for many years. And I've paid attention reading your reports, just amazing to say the least.I do think a collaboration is in order, but I have no clue if what he has done there for Superstar Mode in Madden translates to NCAA 06. Well imo, if you look at the CRTL options, he knows where and how to set/enable/disable the camera angles.

I would challenge anyone to try and implement a true "defensive" camera for NCAA 06 or a code that disables the automatical "auto-flip" when there's a change of possession, as it stands even when I can mod the camera temporarily, it will flip back to behind the offense during plays. That's why I recommended reviewing Calhoupes script. When you enable the Superstar camera in Madden using his script, you get the "defensive" camera your looking for. JD has that too, it's the "Corner" camera option. And when I played superstar, no matter what position I play, the camera is always zoomed into and static to that player. When I throw any pass as qb, the camera does not pan out an follow the ball. The camera stays static to my position and I'm looking at the play from the QB's perspective. In the demo camera, it doesn't auto-flip on change of possessions like it does on the regular cameras, it just pauses for a moment. I'm just digging for more camera codes so I can really implement a more automated broadcast camera with the demo camera that doesn't zoom in as much. Another goal of mine with would be to find a way to lock the camera on a player rather than the ball (mentioned above). As you can tell, I'm chasing dreams in NCAA 06 and although I've accomplished a lot, I don't want "settle" and be satisfied if there's more stones to be turned over. Keep dreamin Harry97, your dreams are coming true. When PCSX2 was coded to "dump" textures, I cried :shock: :o :lol: :D . My NBA mod would be graphically amazing if I could dump textures so seamlessly like that with PC Madden. We all know great grandpa Texmod has seen his best days. I'm going to try to get my playbooks to work in Madden's PS2 in a near future project. They work for exhibition games, but not in franchise, yet!
I've always believed that the PS2, XBox360 and PS3 version's of Madden 08 were far superior to the PC version. I may be leaving PC Madden 08... if I can get my playbooks going, oh boy!

Harry97
All-Pro

Postby Harry97 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:55 am

MikeWest502 wrote:Well imo, if you look at the CRTL options, he knows where and how to set/enable/disable the camera angles.

It sounds like there's a separate code that enables the camera switching codes to work. That could be what I'm missing.
MikeWest502 wrote:That's why I recommended reviewing Calhoupes script. When you enable the Superstar camera in Madden using his script, you get the "defensive" camera your looking for. JD has that too, it's the "Corner" camera option. And when I played superstar, no matter what position I play, the camera is always zoomed into and static to that player. When I throw any pass as qb, the camera does not pan out an follow the ball. The camera stays static to my position and I'm looking at the play from the QB's perspective.

It's just that there isn't anything like Superstar mode in NCAA 06 with those custom cameras. So I don't know if that "Corner" camera option that's in Madden is in NCAA 06.
MikeWest502 wrote:Keep dreamin Harry97, your dreams are coming true. When PCSX2 was coded to "dump" textures, I cried :shock: :o :lol: :D . My NBA mod would be graphically amazing if I could dump textures so seamlessly like that with PC Madden. We all know great grandpa Texmod has seen his best days. I'm going to try to get my playbooks to work in Madden's PS2 in a near future project. They work for exhibition games, but not in franchise, yet!
I've always believed that the PS2, XBox360 and PS3 version's of Madden 08 were far superior to the PC version. I may be leaving PC Madden 08... if I can get my playbooks going, oh boy!

PCSX2 has truly been a game changer. You can do so much in the PS2 versions with PCSX2 that make it more rewarding. Save states are very useful to me, and the texture dumping you can do now in PCSX2 is a huge breakthrough. What the guys have been working on with the NCAA 06 Next texture mods are really cool. I'm very interested in what can be done for the playbooks in NCAA 06. The fact that you got your PC playbooks to work in Madden PS2 exhibition mode is encouraging.

If only you can convert your Madden playbooks and get them into NCAA 06!! I really need to look into what they said about being able to edit the .DATs in NCAA 06 by deleting those QKL files on the disc and rebuilding. If we can edit the .DATs in NCAA 06 that opens the door for a lot of potential playbook editing in NCAA 06, especially if we can edit that master playbook file in NCAA 06.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:53 pm

Harry97 wrote:PCSX2 has truly been a game changer. You can do so much in the PS2 versions with PCSX2 that make it more rewarding. Save states are very useful to me, and the texture dumping you can do now in PCSX2 is a huge breakthrough. What the guys have been working on with the NCAA 06 Next texture mods are really cool. I'm very interested in what can be done for the playbooks in NCAA 06. The fact that you got your PC playbooks to work in Madden PS2 exhibition mode is encouraging.

If only you can convert your Madden playbooks and get them into NCAA 06!! I really need to look into what they said about being able to edit the .DATs in NCAA 06 by deleting those QKL files on the disc and rebuilding. If we can edit the .DATs in NCAA 06 that opens the door for a lot of potential playbook editing in NCAA 06, especially if we can edit that master playbook file in NCAA 06.

If I can figure out how to get the individual formation-sets into the NCAA dat, that would be amazing. I need to give the NCAA gamedata and JD's new NCAA 06 playbook editor further analysis. If the files are compressed, then I'll need someone to uncompress them. Every time I've attempted to uncompress compressed files I get unhandled exception errors. I am hopeful.

Harry97
All-Pro

Postby Harry97 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:20 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:If I can figure out how to get the individual formation-sets into the NCAA dat, that would be amazing. I need to give the NCAA gamedata and JD's new NCAA 06 playbook editor further analysis. If the files are compressed, then I'll need someone to uncompress them. Every time I've attempted to uncompress compressed files I get unhandled exception errors. I am hopeful.

Mike, the playbooks in NCAA 06's GAMEDATA.DAT are not compressed, they are decompressed and available to edit. It's just that in the past when I made changes, they would crash in-game. Which apparently was due to the QKL files on the disc which limited either the file size that the slots in some of the .DATs could be changed to (i.e. UNIFORM.DAT) or which prevented being able to make changes at all to other .DATs like GAMEDATA.DAT without it causing a crash in-game. It was discovered recently that if you delete those QKL files and rebuild the disc without them, that you can make changes to the .DATs. I personally haven't tested this yet but I've been meaning to.

If we can edit those playbook files and get the changes to work when rebuilding the disc without the QKL files then we could conceivably import Madden 08 PC playbooks into NCAA 06 which would be amazing. I've sort of been holding off on trying to edit the GAMEDATA.DAT for several reasons but I've been meaning to test this out myself to see if I can make some basic edits to the playbook files in GAMEDATA.DAT and get them to work in-game without those QKL files. I would be very interested in working with you on playbook .DAT editing in NCAA 06 Mike, but first thing's first, gotta confirm if this process of rebuilding the disc without the QKL files allows us to successfully make changes to the playbook files.

Harry97
All-Pro

Postby Harry97 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:18 pm

_

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:17 pm

Harry97 wrote:If we can edit those playbook files and get the changes to work when rebuilding the disc without the QKL files then we could conceivably import Madden 08 PC playbooks into NCAA 06 which would be amazing. I've sort of been holding off on trying to edit the GAMEDATA.DAT for several reasons but I've been meaning to test this out myself to see if I can make some basic edits to the playbook files in GAMEDATA.DAT and get them to work in-game without those QKL files. I would be very interested in working with you on playbook .DAT editing in NCAA 06 Mike, but first thing's first, gotta confirm if this process of rebuilding the disc without the QKL files allows us to successfully make changes to the playbook files.

I'm really not interested in editing the existing books through spreadsheets. But to make it a breeze for you, do this:

For the x y values. If you want to see them in real time, you can open any offensive playbook in Packfan's 2.5 version. Open the formation design tab, click any formation, in the green window, right click, then select set default position, chose a player, then you can move the sliders to get the numbers you want to edit in the NCAA 06 plays.
image_2022-08-04_161047959.png
image_2022-08-04_161047959.png (141.65 KiB) Viewed 1062 times

Some time ago, I was looking at getting the books from the other NCAA 06-12 to be cross compatible with all versions. But, my pc fried after a power outage where I lost all work. I so got frustrated and didn't rekindle the fire, turning my attention to updating the Madden playbooks. But that was my goal, along with getting the Madden sets to work in the NCAA titles.

Just recently I was able to extract and analyze a few of Madden's default playbooks. I'll use the same method of extraction on the NCAA gamedata. It's on the to-do list.

I'm just finishing up on the Patriots 2022 updates. Titan's follow, then I should have a time to dig into the NCAA gamedata.

Harry97
All-Pro

Postby Harry97 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:54 pm

_

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:18 pm

Harry97 wrote:
The NCAA 06 stock playbooks don't seem to be compatible with Packfan's. Even if you import all or just some of the tabs (including the blank tabs) from a stock NCAA 06 playbook into a Madden .pbo it'll give errors. In won't even open it seems unless you use the PBAI, PBAU, PBFM, PBPL, PBST, SETL and SGF from a Madden 08 .pbo file it seems. And even then it'll crash if you go into Formation or Play Design because of conflicting data because the formation names, ids, etc are all different in NCAA 06 than in Madden. I took a look at Madden 08 PC's GAMEDATA.DAT and I can see that the files inside are compressed, unlike NCAA 06 PS2's GAMEDATA.DAT in which the files are decompressed.

I would like to create a play or a formation in the Packfan editor, save the .pbo then open it up in the DB editor and try and import the relevant data in the csv's into the blank SETL, SETP, SETG, etc csvs into an NCAA 06 stock (team's) playbook and see if I can get that to work in-game. This might be tricky but probably not impossible. Packfan's seems to require specific Madden 08 data from these csv's in order for it to function. i.e. the formation names, ids, etc are all different in NCAA 06 and it Packfan's doesn't seem to allow you to import blank .csvs without crashing. All the relevant data in the master playbook file for NCAA 06 might not fit into a .pbo because the .pbo files are designed to only have formation and play data for the specific formations that are in the playbook, not all the plays and formations in the game.

So I think I'd have to locate and extract all relevant data from specific formations in the master file across multiple csvs to match the formations in a specific stock (team's) playbook file, then try to get all that information into a custom .pbo to load in Packfan's, which it probably won't because of conflicting data, formation names, ids, etc. I would like to explore how feasible that might be though. If you have any ideas, let me know. In the meantime, I'm just working the master file csvs in Excel to implement some custom formations into NCAA 06. That seems to be the most straight forward way to edit the formations in NCAA 06 as it stands. All I really need is to make some QB, RB and WR formation edits to some of the formations, which shouldn't take too long. Just that alone would make the game lot more fun.

But I want to get into editing the plays and creating custom plays, custom man-in-motion routes, etc. I've already implemented pre-snap motion to an extent through cheat engine. Like I can edit formations on the fly and stuff and move players around by audibling to the original play at the line. What I would say though is just making some basic edits to the formations. like turning QB under center formations into shotgun formation, and vice versa, is very rewarding. I already developed the ability to do this on the fly through cheat engine though. (QB and RB formation overrides for any formation) but what I want to do in the master playbook file is move around the WRs, TEs, FBs, even the O-lineman. And I would also like to edit the stances, like edit which players go into a 3 point stance in certain formations and stuff. There's a lot I want too do with the master playbook file in NCAA 06, and I think that's gonna be my main focus area moving forward.

This is all very exciting. But if you can devise a way to use the Packfan editor to edit formations or create custom plays for NCAA 06, that would be preferred as that has a user friendly interface all set up for that. It would be fun to work with you on this Mike, and I'm sorry to hear about your power outage where you lost your progress on that. But back then we didn't know how to actually get changes to the NCAA 06 .DATs to work. So now there's a real reason for you to get into NCAA 06 playbook editing. I definitely want to try importing some of the playbooks from the later NCAA PS2 games which had expanded playbooks into NCAA 06 as well. But in those later NCAA games, they also implemented some new playbook "features" so that probably requires some manual work fitting the playbook data from the later games, which could have more fields in some of the csvs, into the NCAA 06 playbooks or master file. But there's definitely a lot of possibilities here. Just gotta take it one step at a time and see what we can come up with.

Well you stated you are able to edit the File #5 of the NCAA gamedata. I know that file holds the formations/sets and plays. While the team books only hold links to the formations/sets you've selected the team to use. So all editing should be done inside #5. Using the information I posted above you should be able to modify any formation or set. But to modify routes and such, the PSAL codes need to be edited. Have you tried to open #5 in the db editor?

Harry97
All-Pro

Postby Harry97 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:13 am

_

Return to “Madden Playstation”