Help With Editing

wolfemac
Rookie

Help With Editing

Postby wolfemac » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:59 pm

Okay I need help with editing Madden on the Xbox version.

Every time I edit one single thing the roster file or franchise file becomes corrupt.
I have a hex editor use dat program and even comes up fine on naz editor, but as soon as I try to move it back to the Xbox to use it automatically becomes corrupt.

Is there something in the saveimage.xbx or SaveMeta.xbx that I need to go into with the hex editor to change?

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Help With Editing

Sponsor

Sponsor

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Re: Help With Editing

Postby MikeWest502 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:08 pm

wolfemac wrote:Okay I need help with editing Madden on the Xbox version.

Every time I edit one single thing the roster file or franchise file becomes corrupt.
I have a hex editor use dat program and even comes up fine on naz editor, but as soon as I try to move it back to the Xbox to use it automatically becomes corrupt.

Is there something in the saveimage.xbx or SaveMeta.xbx that I need to go into with the hex editor to change?

There are steps to edit the XBox Madden rosters over at OperationSports web site!

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:54 am

Do you have any of those console roster files I can have copies of? I want to test them with the Madden Xtreme DB Editor. Thanks

wolfemac
Rookie

Postby wolfemac » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:40 am

elguapo wrote:

Do you have any of those console roster files I can have copies of? I want to test them with the Madden Xtreme DB Editor. Thanks

Yes I do,

Here are both files.

Original and then the edited version.
Attachments
M07OriginalFile.zip
(399.98 KiB) Downloaded 96 times
M07EditedXbox.zip
(244.78 KiB) Downloaded 104 times

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:11 am

wolfemac wrote:
elguapo wrote:

Yes I do,

Here are both files.

I loaded up the FRAN-NFL1995 file with the Madden Xtreme DB Editor edited and saved the file with no issues. I don't own an Xbox so I can't test it on an Xbox.

Which program did you use to originally edit the roster? If the above method doesn't work then I think the one of the XBX files is being used as check method for the Fran file.

wolfemac
Rookie

Postby wolfemac » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:47 am

elguapo wrote:
wolfemac wrote:
elguapo wrote:

Yes I do,

Here are both files.

I loaded up the FRAN-NFL1995 file with the Madden Xtreme DB Editor edited and saved the file with no issues. I don't own an Xbox so I can't test it on an Xbox.

Which program did you use to originally edit the roster? If the above method doesn't work then I think the one of the XBX files is being used as check method for the Fran file.

I used a hex editor to edit the file to allow the Madden Db editor to work and Naz Madden 2.0 editor to fix the teams salary cap so that it updated and was correct.

I have a modified Xbox that I can connect to my pc so transferring files between them is easy.

I need the part where it will work on the xbox as it either says unable to load or corrupted.

If it's the xbx files, thats a lot of lines to go through to figure out where it needs to be changed.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:35 pm

wolfemac wrote:I used a hex editor to edit the file to allow the Madden Db editor to work and Naz Madden 2.0 editor to fix the teams salary cap so that it updated and was correct.

I have a modified Xbox that I can connect to my pc so transferring files between them is easy.

I need the part where it will work on the xbox as it either says unable to load or corrupted.

If it's the xbx files, thats a lot of lines to go through to figure out where it needs to be changed.

So just to be clear, have you edited the FRAN-NFL1995 file with the Madden Xtreme DB Editor and loaded it up in Madden's Xbox?

You shouldn't need to hex edit the file when loading it up with the Xtreme DB Editor.

wolfemac
Rookie

Postby wolfemac » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:48 pm

elguapo wrote:
wolfemac wrote:I used a hex editor to edit the file to allow the Madden Db editor to work and Naz Madden 2.0 editor to fix the teams salary cap so that it updated and was correct.

So just to be clear, have you edited the FRAN-NFL1995 file with the Madden Xtreme DB Editor and loaded it up in Madden's Xbox?

You shouldn't need to hex edit the file when loading it up with the Xtreme DB Editor.

You need the hex editor to put this part of the code back that it removes to use Xtreme DB Editor.

Without that part of the code the xbox file is unreadable and comes up as ???

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:24 pm

wolfemac wrote:
elguapo wrote:

You need the hex editor to put this part of the code back that it removes to use Xtreme DB Editor.

Is the zip file labeled "original" hex edited?

wolfemac
Rookie

Postby wolfemac » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:22 pm

elguapo wrote:
wolfemac wrote:
elguapo wrote:

Is the zip file labeled "original" hex edited?

No, that one is the original file

The other file was hex edited to be able to be used with Madden Db Editor and Naz 2.0 editor

Then hex edited back to be able to be used with Madden 07 on the OgXbox

Return to “Madden Xbox”