HISTORIC / ALL-TIME Roster...Here!

Here is where you can find all completed rosters from any year, ranging from fictional to real life!
BayouBoy
Pro Bowl

Postby BayouBoy » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:23 pm

Hey guys, I'm a newbie and finally finished my first roster project. I've been at this thing since March (between work & family) . There are some things I still want to do to it, like adding the maskless helmets to the earlier historic teams, but that will come in due time as I learn more about this stuff.
This is a cool site and the reason I bought my first PC Madden game. I hope everyone enjoys the roster. It was time consuming, but pretty dam fun to put it togeather. Have fun.

Sponsor

Sponsor

wolfbest
All-Pro

Re: HISTORIC Roster...Here!

Postby wolfbest » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:46 am

thanxx for sharing

BayouBoy
Pro Bowl

Re: HISTORIC / ALL-TIME Roster...Here!

Postby BayouBoy » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:23 pm

No problem, hope you enjoy.

BuckeyeColt
Rookie

Postby BuckeyeColt » Sat May 25, 2013 3:11 pm

Looks pretty good! Thanks!

But I'm having trouble getting it to franchise. Wanted to set up a league with as many old-time teams as I could, and went through the (extensive) trouble of custom team-swapping, trying to make sure all the stadiums matched up, etc. NO DICE. Game crashes before I even play.

Any ideas? I have the XII mod installed as your read me instructs. Rather than import to the default roster, I tried to play with yours (got it to work for a single-team add, though just tried out the first game of the season that way). I did notice several duplicate stadiums -- tried to match them to teams by the capacity figures, but those weren't always accurate, and for some reason the 1950 Browns had Shibe Park (old Eagles) as their designated stadium in the roster?

Trying again by wiping everything out, reloading your original roster and dat files and maybe sucking it up and putting old-time teams in current stadiums. Maybe that will give me the logos, because I can never get MadWolf to open up a franchise file. Only other way this has ever worked for me was when I swapped in a single team I created into the default FFX mod roster then manually edited the stadium ID to Detroit after four seasons -- suddenly my logos and uniforms showed up.

Any thoughts? I'd sure appreciated it. I have not been able to get either the Magic Mike or Rixster-salvaged Magic Mike 1950 Browns to Franchise....

BuckeyeColt
Rookie

Postby BuckeyeColt » Mon May 27, 2013 7:29 pm

All righty.

Been a fun-filled holiday weekend. Basement flooded after six inches of rain in a couple hours, so I spent most of Sunday dealing with THAT.

But today I was able to start and finish another round of tests and... I have set up an entire franchise league with the top teams created by you, inherited by Mike and converted from the edited Madden All-Time teams.

I followed these principles and it's all working well:

1. Wiped out all previous mods and got the game back to its original 08 version
2. Loaded all the files Bayou Boy provided for the Custom Art folder in Docs/Madden, including the strange blank-titled one and the two 1950 Browns ones, the second one with a - at the end
3. Loaded in his roster
4. Saved a copy of his roster to swap teams in with MadWolf (instead of exporting teams and importing into the default Madden roster -- had some early success wit that, but ended up gliching out bigtime.)
5. Made note of the stadium names for each Magic Mike and Bayou Boy team to keep track of who I was putting where in MadWolf
6. Made note of which teams I wanted for my franchise that were All-Time Madden teams, Mike teams and Bayou teams
7. (I tested a series of exhibition and single-team franchises for All-Time, Bayou and Mike teams. All simmed well with the usual glitches (custom stadiums had the floating stands in the one endzone... I know there's a fix on here, but don't feel like doing for the huge number of custom teams in this franchise).
8. Swapped all the teams into the roster.
9. Started the franchise and did the custom art trick.

In short, everything works as it should -- thanks for the great work! I was getting myself tied in knots trying to mix and match teams from other mods... and that was just asking for trouble, I guess. I did change up the stadium you assigned to the 1950 Browns (Shibe Park, home of the 48 Eagles), which ended up screwing up their helmets in the first test. But I crossed my fingers and went back in for some more stadium edits and got them wearing your 1948 Browns white helmet and the game held steady. Righteous!

This will be good for several single-season plays. I'm just glad I don't have to pit the 1922-23 Canton Bulldogs or 1972 Miami Dolphins against the regular Madden '08 roster.

EdgeForce141
All-Pro

Postby EdgeForce141 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:34 pm

This is great! Love it for putting the old great teams up against each other and seeing how would win.

BayouBoy
Pro Bowl

Postby BayouBoy » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:06 pm

BuckeyeColt wrote:All righty.

Been a fun-filled holiday weekend. Basement flooded after six inches of rain in a couple hours, so I spent most of Sunday dealing with THAT.

But today I was able to start and finish another round of tests and... I have set up an entire franchise league with the top teams created by you, inherited by Mike and converted from the edited Madden All-Time teams.

I followed these principles and it's all working well:

1. Wiped out all previous mods and got the game back to its original 08 version
2. Loaded all the files Bayou Boy provided for the Custom Art folder in Docs/Madden, including the strange blank-titled one and the two 1950 Browns ones, the second one with a - at the end
3. Loaded in his roster
4. Saved a copy of his roster to swap teams in with MadWolf (instead of exporting teams and importing into the default Madden roster -- had some early success wit that, but ended up gliching out bigtime.)
5. Made note of the stadium names for each Magic Mike and Bayou Boy team to keep track of who I was putting where in MadWolf
6. Made note of which teams I wanted for my franchise that were All-Time Madden teams, Mike teams and Bayou teams
7. (I tested a series of exhibition and single-team franchises for All-Time, Bayou and Mike teams. All simmed well with the usual glitches (custom stadiums had the floating stands in the one endzone... I know there's a fix on here, but don't feel like doing for the huge number of custom teams in this franchise).
8. Swapped all the teams into the roster.
9. Started the franchise and did the custom art trick.

In short, everything works as it should -- thanks for the great work! I was getting myself tied in knots trying to mix and match teams from other mods... and that was just asking for trouble, I guess. I did change up the stadium you assigned to the 1950 Browns (Shibe Park, home of the 48 Eagles), which ended up screwing up their helmets in the first test. But I crossed my fingers and went back in for some more stadium edits and got them wearing your 1948 Browns white helmet and the game held steady. Righteous!

This will be good for several single-season plays. I'm just glad I don't have to pit the 1922-23 Canton Bulldogs or 1972 Miami Dolphins against the regular Madden '08 roster.
Glad you found a fix & enjoying it.

BayouBoy
Pro Bowl

Postby BayouBoy » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:21 pm

EdgeForce141 wrote:This is great! Love it for putting the old great teams up against each other and seeing how would win.
Glad you're enjoying it. At the moment, I'm working on adding an updated version with the updated rosters for the current teams using the 2013 players & Madden 25 ratings (current to 10-23-13, I think). All done except I just need to finish the player salaries and tweaking some of the created team uniforms and I'll post it ASAP. Having problems finding uniform ID's for created teams so I can edit them.

MAPO
Pro Bowl

Postby MAPO » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:15 pm

This .rar file is broken when I try to upload it, does anyone else have this problem?
My Madden 08 Playbooks
Multiple Adjusting Pattern Offense
SPO (Screen Pass Option) Offense
MAPO - "The Aerial Assault, Death From Above"

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:32 pm

MAPO wrote:This .rar file is broken when I try to upload it, does anyone else have this problem?

All files attached to the wesbite prior to July 10th were corrupted from the phishing attack. Find more information about the phishing attack here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=17575

Return to “Finished Rosters”