1960 Roster

Here is where you can find all completed rosters from any year, ranging from fictional to real life!
rightonlogic
Rookie

1960 Roster

Postby rightonlogic » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:18 pm

1960 - rightonlogic.ros
1960 Roster
(2.04 MiB) Downloaded 409 times
This is the 1960 NFL/AFL Roster.

I have spent an extensive amount of time, and research, and testing of the game in order to make this roster as realistic as possible, and to ensure the accuracy for every player on every team.

First off I have to give a huge thanks to raidermike, since this roster is basically a conversion from his 1966 roster to the 1960 season. raidermike you did save me a lot of time, and I mean you no disrespect from using your roster to create this one, it just made sense for me to do so since your 1966 roster was already in the same time era. Of course also a huge thanks to NZA's Madden Editor, for without this editor none of this would be possible. I noticed that there was not a Madden 08 roster that went this far back. I chose this year since this was the first year of the AFL, and therefore gives more real teams in the game for a total of 21 real teams.

Here is what you get with this roster:

*All 21 real teams have their correct roster from the 1960 season. Some players on the team may not have actually played for them that season, but it was necessary to have them to fill the roster. These roster fillers are all 2nd and 3rd stringers, and not rated very highly anyway. Some players may also be created twice if they played multiple positions. Any team that did not exist back then are filled with players that are in the 50s and 60s overall, so this basically makes all of them like a semi pro team.

*Every player has been looked up on profootballreference.com and has their real name, age in 1960, years pro in 1960, height, weight, and college.

*All of the player's skin tones were looked up on google images for accuracy. About 80% of the players had an image show up. The ones that didn't were left the same, or switched to light skin tone, since most players were white back then.

*The ratings of the players are based off of a system I have developed using the player's AV from PFR, and from the NFL Top 100 players of All Time list. These great players do not go by AV so much, but I do take into consideration their stage of career as well as every other player. The system will tell me what the player's overall rating should be based off of a 3-4 year average AV, or maybe the whole career average depending on the player. I compare what this AV would have ranked in the 2007 season which is what the default roster is based off of, then I check what that rank's overall would be in the default roster. I have charted out every position and numbered every rank's overall rating. This way I can keep the overalls in the same proportions of the default roster. I then decrease this overall if the player is less than 4 years pro. This decrease is based off of my testing of the progression in the game, using two progression points in franchise. Expect the players on the Top 100 list to be rated in the low 90s as rookies, which is necessary in order for them to progress as they really should. I used their size and stats in consideration when tweaking the ratings that affect the overall for that position, but there is no definite formula, which in my experience takes an enormous amount of time to create a formula for every single attribute only to get ratings that don't look quite right. I took many things into consideration, and rated them what I thought looked best for their position, size, and caliber of player. Hall of Fame players were given extra time and consideration when rating. After all players were rated I took the roster into the game and sorted every position by ratings that affect their overall. I tweaked some players to ensure they are among the best at that rating for their position. I also looked up all of the NFL Top 10 lists and tweaked players accordingly based on these lists. I then looked at how all of the overalls looked for every position and tweaked some players up or down in order to keep the overalls evenly spaced for every position. The players on the NFL Top 100 have been assigned a peak rating that they should be at in their prime. I wanted to make sure that a 99 overall is reserved for the very best of best players at each position. The lowest peak rating on the NFL Top 100 that I assigned is a 96, therefore I made a rule that the highest a player could be if not in the HOF is a 95. If they are in the HOF but not on the list then they can get up to a max of 96 if their AV values support it.

*Every team's depth chart has been auto reordered.

*All "fake teams" and free agents have players with 40 awareness, and no player higher than 70 overall.

*Every coach has their real name and age in 1960 entered. The great coaches like Lombardi, Landry have been rated highly to realistic levels. Every other coach has been left the same.

*Some players will be on a team with 0 years left on their contract. This can easily be fixed in franchise by taking control of every team and signing them to contracts. If you don't do this then the game will not see the player as part of the active roster since they are not technically under contract even though they are on the team.

Me and my brothers are using this roster in franchise and everything looks great. Some teams had to switch divisions in order to keep the divisions even with real teams. I will restructure the divisions as more real teams come into the league. Every team that did not exist at this time remains under my control so that they can not improve themselves. During the draft I will choose the worst players possible for these fake teams. This is necessary in order for the real teams to improve themselves realistically over time. When we get to the season that they really entered the league, I plan to dump all of their players, assign them players still in the game that really played for them that season. This way every team will be subject to lose players which really happens when expansion teams come in. I will also give them the #1 pick in every round and the last pick in rounds 2, 3, and 4 of the draft. Of course they can also participate in the FA signing period with every other team in order to fill their team.

I am currently working on the 1961 draft class, which will have all rookies that played in 1961 regardless if they were drafted or not. I will be continuing to work on the draft classes for every season afterwards once we get to that point in our franchise. I will be uploading these draft classes as well after I finish them.

Everyone enjoy the NFL/AFL early merger of 1960!
With All Time greats such as Johnny Unitas, Jim Brown, Bart Star, and many more!!

1960 Roster

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: 1960 Roster

Postby RevanFan » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:35 pm

Did you ask for permission to use raidermike's roster as a base? Even if you can't reach him, you should still try. It's good policy to keep.

You should have told me about this, I would have given you permission to use and modify the ratings of my 1960 Cowboys file.

Also, about draft classes, you need to be aware that there are pretty tight restrictions on them. I believe they can have no more AND no less than 256 players. Could be 255 or 257, but I'm pretty sure it's 256.

And you need to give contracts to every player on a main roster, and you need to make sure all free agents have no contracts. Along with this, all depth charts have to be auto-reordered and all coaches have to have contracts, and each team needs each of the four coaches.

If everything checks out, and you tried to get permission, I'd love to test your roster when I have time.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

rightonlogic
Rookie

Postby rightonlogic » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:47 pm

I didnt think I needed to ask for permission to edit a file that was posted on here for anyone to download. I gave him thanks for the roster. I don't care if anyone edits this roster. I made this roster the way I wanted to.

I am aware of the draft class needing to be a certain amount of players. That's why I am editing a draft class from a simulated season.

The contract issue has been taken care of in my franchise as stated above. Anyone can do the same thing.

As stated above, every teams's roster has been auto reordered.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:04 pm

rightonlogic wrote:I didnt think I needed to ask for permission to edit a file that was posted on here for anyone to download. I gave him thanks for the roster. I don't care if anyone edits this roster. I made this roster the way I wanted to.

I am aware of the draft class needing to be a certain amount of players. That's why I am editing a draft class from a simulated season.

The contract issue has been taken care of in my franchise as stated above. Anyone can do the same thing.

Did you read the site rules? We want everyone to at least ask for permission. Please send him a PM notifying him that your roster is posted, just to make sure he's aware.

The contract issue should really be fixed in the roster for all who download it, but it's your roster so you don't have to.
My Cowboys Journal

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:53 am

The 66.67.68.69. rosters referred to earlier were created by yours truly.......really the 66 roster was created by Muscle Mike for Madden 04 and then converted to 08 the rest were created by yours truly based on the 66

Feel free to use them as you like

I have attached an updated version of the roster that includes all players through 63 and some players from 62 as well
Attachments
1966-SB-I-60-69.ros
(2.04 MiB) Downloaded 154 times

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:05 am

Well alright then. I forgot that was you, Rixster.

Alright. Looks like you're all good to go, though I do highly recommend fixing the contract issue in the actual roster itself.
My Cowboys Journal

millscb
Rookie

Postby millscb » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:10 am

All I have to say is, Jim Brown. 'nuff said.

rightonlogic
Rookie

Postby rightonlogic » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:15 pm

RevanFan wrote:
rightonlogic wrote:I didnt think I needed to ask for permission to edit a file that was posted on here for anyone to download. I gave him thanks for the roster. I don't care if anyone edits this roster. I made this roster the way I wanted to.

Did you read the site rules? We want everyone to at least ask for permission. Please send him a PM notifying him that your roster is posted, just to make sure he's aware.

The contract issue should really be fixed in the roster for all who download it, but it's your roster so you don't have to.

I have to admit that I did not read anything stating permission was needed in order to use someone else's roster as a base to create another roster. I certainly would not have downloaded someone's roster, changed some ratings, and then posted it up as all my work. That would definitely be dishonest and disrespectful to the original roster maker.

I really meant no disrespect, and I do give many props to all of you roster makers on here.

I have actually been using rosters posted on this site and the other one before it was killed for years. However, this is my very first post on this forum.

I have to say that you guys are some of the best roster makers of any sports game I have ever seen. If I am able to lean on some of your hard work to accomplish a roster that I want to make, then I am really grateful for that.

It still took me about a month to make this roster. Anyone is free to use this roster as they see fit. If we were getting paid to do these, then that might be a different story lol.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:47 pm

rightonlogic wrote:
RevanFan wrote:

I have to admit that I did not read anything stating permission was needed in order to use someone else's roster as a base to create another roster. I certainly would not have downloaded someone's roster, changed some ratings, and then posted it up as all my work. That would definitely be dishonest and disrespectful to the original roster maker.

I really meant no disrespect, and I do give many props to all of you roster makers on here.

I have actually been using rosters posted on this site and the other one before it was killed for years. However, this is my very first post on this forum.

I have to say that you guys are some of the best roster makers of any sports game I have ever seen. If I am able to lean on some of your hard work to accomplish a roster that I want to make, then I am really grateful for that.

It still took me about a month to make this roster. Anyone is free to use this roster as they see fit. If we were getting paid to do these, then that might be a different story lol.

It's no issue. Rixster gave you permission, and it's clear no harm was meant. Just be sure to read the rest of the forum rules so you know what to do and what not to do.

I'll give your roster a download and check it out when I get the chance.
My Cowboys Journal

Return to “Finished Rosters”