2015-2016 ROGERJINX ROSTER

Here is where you can find all completed rosters from any year, ranging from fictional to real life!
BUS36
Hall of Fame

Re: 2015-2016 ROGERJINX ROSTER

Postby BUS36 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:25 pm

Yes and I leave that up to those who do the ratings ... If you want your team to win it all the time just use and editor and make everyone a "99".. but that is not realistic ..right?
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Littleware
Banned

Postby Littleware » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:42 pm

I never noticed but, EA Madden 16 has Ben at 95 OVR. The 99 OVR here is way to generous. 68% completion rating along with the 8.4 yd per play, ok, cool. But having almost 4000 yds, only 21 TD's in 12 games means he was awful when it counted (lots of yards in between the 20's)! The 16 int's in those same 12 games means he was horrible and not as proficient as you think. He shouldn't be rated that high. The fact that he ranked 20th in pass attempts (in 12 games) tells you that he was doing too much!

1.75 TD per game, but 1.33 Int's per game also, not sharp at all. So ever time he threw a TD, he threw a pick shortly after. That has to count in his ratings. He should have been rated about like Winston of Tampa Bay!

Actually having his supporting cast covered Ben's flawed season!

Making the playoffs for them was a bonus gift from the faltering Jets! Nothing to be proud of! Ben 87 OVR at best!

Just rating, no biggie!

David87124
Pro Bowl

Postby David87124 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:49 pm

Exactly:)

You get ten football commentators on a panel and ask them to rate these two QBs - then sit back and watch the fireworks.

Jvr-Zulu
Veteran

Postby Jvr-Zulu » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:37 pm

I know you can change the ratings I even named my file ROGERJINXCorrected :lol: I'm just saying Ben is not a 99 overall and Eli is not a 85 I also snubbed Taylor and Brirdgewater's overalls and boosted River's nothing serious just my opinions

moonbax
MVP

Postby moonbax » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:34 pm

I've been wondering lately what goes into determining these ratings, whether players are rated based on career stats or based on recent history, or both, or something else.

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:20 pm

Again, the stats you see on the players are from Madden 16. As for the OVR, it wont translate nicely in Madden 08 since they are using different engine and Madden 08 has fewer stats. The OVR calculation for Madden 08 is in DB_Templates and I already started tinkering it so it would closely resembles the OVR for Madden 16.I managed to drop down the overrated Madden 08 OVR of FBs and TEs without changing Madden 16 stats. It needs careful calculations and simulations so as not to compromise the value of some stats. If I release a modified DB_template containing these adjustments, it will only affect the OVR in-game. Unfortunately external editors are using the original Madden 08 OVR calculations and might change the adjusted OVR if you do some editing outside Madden 08.

But for some real-life work and duties, it was stopped and I am restricted now on updating the rosters. In my opinion, OVR don't matter to me, it just so happened we are using the modern stats in an old system.

If I have the time, I may continue tinkering the OVR and release an excel template where it will recalculate the modified OVR so as not to go to this process:
1) Go in-game
2) Go to Player Edit on every player (every player..really? this is painful. What if I edit 900 players which I usually do on my weekly update based on Madden 16 Updates? It only takes me 1 hour to reflect the Madden 16 using csv on all affected players during the update)
3) Go out of the Player Edit without making changes.
4) You will see the adjusted OVR not the original Madden OVR or the one generated by editors(NZA, Madden AMP)

Again, wish I have more time to do more than just editing rosters. I really missed editing stadiums and portraits.

Rob C
Rookie

Postby Rob C » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:07 pm

Hey there rogerjinx, I want to thank you and everyone here for the time you are putting into keep Madden PC alive.
However, when I added the new roster, then start in franchise mode I get this message:

Salary Cap Violation
The following teams exceed the salary cap.
Do you want to continue with salary cap turned off?

Bengals
49ers

Is the anyway this can be corrected?

Thanks again

Edit: Ok I downloaded your DB_Template tha you posted a few pages back. It is now loading fine!! Now I need to find out for to get the correct player images. No biggie though..Thanks!!

Littleware
Banned

Postby Littleware » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:10 pm

Rogerjinx your roster work is famous! I appreciate the effort. It's a grind, I know! I don't ever worry about the ratings you guys input into the game. I was only commenting on the Ben "real life" stats that BUS36 was boosting about! I never noticed Ben being rated so high in-game and every time I play the Steelers, he doesn't have monster games, even rated 99 OVR! Your famous Rogerjinx!

FYI: For grins, I just looked at the player ratings in your roster and noticed you have some attribute-values below the madden 08 minimum. 40 is the least value for any attribute in player ratings that Madden 08 PC uses to calculate player OVR ratings. Ex. in Madden 16 you may see a OL or DL "Catch" attribute 23. That 23 has no effect in the player OVR calculation in Madden 08 because it's below 40. So any attribute that you copy from M16 to M08 less than 40 has null factor and can be input as 40 in the Madden 08 roster.

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:54 pm

Littleware wrote:Rogerjinx your roster work is famous! I appreciate the effort. It's a grind, I know! I don't ever worry about the ratings you guys input into the game. I was only commenting on the Ben "real life" stats that BUS36 was boosting about! I never noticed Ben being rated so high in-game and every time I play the Steelers, he doesn't have monster games, even rated 99 OVR! Your famous Rogerjinx!

FYI: For grins, I just looked at the player ratings in your roster and noticed you have some attribute-values below the madden 08 minimum. 40 is the least value for any attribute in player ratings that Madden 08 PC uses to calculate player OVR ratings. Ex. in Madden 16 you may see a OL or DL "Catch" attribute 23. That 23 has no effect in the player OVR calculation in Madden 08 because it's below 40. So any attribute that you copy from M16 to M08 less than 40 has null factor and can be input as 40 in the Madden 08 roster.

Thanks! I also noticed that minimum values but since the system doesn't care the difference between 40 or any lower number, I just copied what was used in the Madden 16 and it is also a contingency plan in preparation for the modified OVR Madden 08 calculations which I will do if I have a free time.

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:55 pm

Rob C wrote:Hey there rogerjinx, I want to thank you and everyone here for the time you are putting into keep Madden PC alive.
However, when I added the new roster, then start in franchise mode I get this message:

Salary Cap Violation
The following teams exceed the salary cap.
Do you want to continue with salary cap turned off?

Bengals
49ers

Is the anyway this can be corrected?

Thanks again

Edit: Ok I downloaded your DB_Template tha you posted a few pages back. It is now loading fine!! Now I need to find out for to get the correct player images. No biggie though..Thanks!!

The portrait pack is in a different thread created by the fabulous Darkommi. You can get the link in my first post.

Return to “Finished Rosters”