PLAYACTION ROSTER

Here is where you can find all completed rosters from any year, ranging from fictional to real life!
BUS36
Hall of Fame

Re: PLAYACTION ROSTER

Postby BUS36 » Wed May 27, 2015 6:01 pm

rookies should never be given a 90 or above in overall. The reason is that they have never proven themselves on a NFL field. Every drafted guy could be a bust.. their AWR should never be higher than a 63... no one comes out with the knowledge of a superstar. The learning curve will prove that. A rookie is just that he must learn to master the entire playbook and guaranteed no all get the full playbook in year 1.
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

Sponsor

Sponsor

thegoldendragonx
All-Pro

Postby thegoldendragonx » Thu May 28, 2015 8:00 am

BUS36 wrote:rookies should never be given a 90 or above in overall. The reason is that they have never proven themselves on a NFL field. Every drafted guy could be a bust.. their AWR should never be higher than a 63... no one comes out with the knowledge of a superstar. The learning curve will prove that. A rookie is just that he must learn to master the entire playbook and guaranteed no all get the full playbook in year 1.

while 90 overall ratings are excessive on Rookies....sometimes there is nothing you can do. If a Rookie Defensive Tackle ran a 4.5 40 at the combine and benched 38 times.....We're gonna give him 85 speed and 99 Strength.....and if he is a good tackler, we give him 80 in tackle. This guarantees that Defensive Tackle will have a 90 rating even before he takes a snap in the NFL.

now you said no rookie AWR should be higher than 63....not true....Jameis Winston for example is a Football genius...he's smart and in all Madden games smart QBs are given a high AWR rating....so that's why Jameis Winston gets a 70 in AWR and 85 in THA.

Jameis Winston ran a 4.92 at the combine, has a stronger and more accurate arm than Marcus Mariota....I agree with the ratings. He should get a 95 in THP, a 68 in Speed, 70 in AWR and a 85 in Accuracy.
TheGoldenDragonX's 2021 Draft Class --> https://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=22220

TheGoldenDragonX's 2023 Draft Class --> https://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=23634

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Thu May 28, 2015 8:26 pm

[quote]while 90 overall ratings are excessive on Rookies....sometimes there is nothing you can do. If a Rookie Defensive Tackle ran a 4.5 40 at the combine and benched 38 times.....We're gonna give him 85 speed and 99 Strength.....and if he is a good tackler, we give him 80 in tackle. This guarantees that Defensive Tackle will have a 90 rating even before he takes a snap in the NFL.

now you said no rookie AWR should be higher than 63....not true....Jameis Winston for example is a Football genius...he's smart and in all Madden games smart QBs are given a high AWR rating....so that's why Jameis Winston gets a 70 in AWR and 85 in THA.

Jameis Winston ran a 4.92 at the combine, has a stronger and more accurate arm than Marcus Mariota....I agree with the ratings. He should get a 95 in THP, a 68 in Speed, 70 in AWR and a 85 in Accuracy.
Re: PLAYACTION ROSTER[quote]

here is the reasoning for what I said. even though Winston grades high on many charts. He still has not played against the real pros. out of the 256 players drafted on 33% succeed in the NFL. Guys who come out as Juniors have an even lower rate and First round picks have a success rate of just 28%. If your a QB that rate of success is about 17%. Out of that last few drafts of number one QBs hitting it big was the Eli-Rivers- Roethlisberger draft. Remember also that in college guys who are the standouts are playing against guys less athletic or mentally athletic. There is no such thing as a sure fire starter. Mannings and Luck are exceptions because their father played in the NFL at that position, and were groomed.
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

thegoldendragonx
All-Pro

Postby thegoldendragonx » Fri May 29, 2015 12:07 pm

Ah....he hasn't played against real pros, but he has played in a pro type offense in college, which is why NFL teams have him as number one on their draftboard.

And you know what, NFL overrates the principles of Rookies playing against rookies.....some of these rookies turn into NFL greats and many end up making an impact in their first year in the NFL.....wwe'rwe're talking about Ndamukong Suh, Adrian Peterson, Andrew Luck, Aaron Donald...ppro bowler just last season, Odel Bekham Jr...to name a few.

So this whole deal about not playing a snap in the NFL is just not as valid as it used to be, college is more fast paced than the NFL....the only difference between College and pros is the playcalling.
TheGoldenDragonX's 2021 Draft Class --> https://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=22220

TheGoldenDragonX's 2023 Draft Class --> https://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=23634

Littleware
Banned

Postby Littleware » Sat May 30, 2015 1:03 am

thegoldendragonx wrote:Ah....he hasn't played against real pros, but he has played in a pro type offense in college, which is why NFL teams have him as number one on their draftboard.

And you know what, NFL overrates the principles of Rookies playing against rookies.....some of these rookies turn into NFL greats and many end up making an impact in their first year in the NFL.....wwe'rwe're talking about Ndamukong Suh, Adrian Peterson, Andrew Luck, Aaron Donald...ppro bowler just last season, Odel Bekham Jr...to name a few.

So this whole deal about not playing a snap in the NFL is just not as valid as it used to be, college is more fast paced than the NFL....the only difference between College and pros is the playcalling.

I only went thru the QB rating and compared them to the Madden 15 End of Season Roster ratings. Total blunder with these ratings. Just to name a few... Bengals - Andy Dalton 81, Terrelle Pryor 81??? How? Madden 15 has Pryor 74. You have Eagles - Tim Tebow 81, but in 2013 he was a lowly 73... What did he do to deserve an 81, pray?!? E.J Manual, too high here. Flacco is rated 86 in M15, here he's 93...Ben Rothlisberger is listed 90 overall, here he's 96 godlike. Teddy Bridgewater is 76 in M15, here he's 82. These are way too high, I dropped Winston to a 80, Mariota 79. There are no up-to-date ratings for the 16 release yet so I can't imagine how you came up with these ratings. There not close to any ratings I've seen for any console. The best site for ratings is Maddenratings.weebly.com. There you can download each team's rating in spreadsheet (XLS). Elguapo created the Madden Ratings Ripper utility that can help you import the correct ratings without having to manually edit each player, then

Good roster though! I did another check and it turns out, if the Madden 15 Console ratings were used without adjusting each player manually for (OVR) ratings, then that could be a reason the ratings are so higher in this roster for Madden 08 PC. The numbers don't transpose equally because Madden 15 Console ratings use other elements to achieve each player's (OVR) rating.

thegoldendragonx
All-Pro

Postby thegoldendragonx » Sun May 31, 2015 12:20 pm

Littleware wrote:I only went thru the QB rating and compared them to the Madden 15 End of Season Roster ratings. Total blunder with these ratings. Just to name a few... Bengals - Andy Dalton 81, Terrelle Pryor 81??? How? Madden 15 has Pryor 74. You have Eagles - Tim Tebow 81, but in 2013 he was a lowly 73... What did he do to deserve an 81, pray?!? E.J Manual, too high here. Flacco is rated 86 in M15, here he's 93...Ben Rothlisberger is listed 90 overall, here he's 96 godlike. Teddy Bridgewater is 76 in M15, here he's 82. These are way too high, I dropped Winston to a 80, Mariota 79. There are no up-to-date ratings for the 16 release yet so I can't imagine how you came up with these ratings. There not close to any ratings I've seen for any console. The best site for ratings is Maddenratings.weebly.com. There you can download each team's rating in spreadsheet (XLS). Elguapo created the Madden Ratings Ripper utility that can help you import the correct ratings without having to manually edit each player, then

Good roster though! I did another check and it turns out, if the Madden 15 Console ratings were used without adjusting each player manually for (OVR) ratings, then that could be a reason the ratings are so higher in this roster for Madden 08 PC. The numbers don't transpose equally because Madden 15 Console ratings use other elements to achieve each player's (OVR) rating.

You can't compare Madden 08 ratings to Madden 15. It's been 7 years since Madden 08 came out, and since then new ratings have been used for players....stuff like....Short Throw Accuracy, Medium Throw Accuracy, Deep Throw Accuracy, Throw on the Run, Release, Finnesse Move, Block Shedding, Power Move, Zone Coverage, Man Coverage....etc.

the gap between 08 and 15 is huge....and it's very hard to make players in Madden 08 play like their real life counterparts. All we have to work from is Awareness which is very overrated in Madden 08, speed, agility, acceleration, Throw Power, Throw Accuracy, Tackle, Jump, Catch, Carry and Break Tackle ...This Roster rating was based on Donny Moore Madden 15 ratings....you can see it at http://maddenroster.com/

thegoldendragonx
All-Pro

Postby thegoldendragonx » Sun May 31, 2015 12:22 pm

Winston was the best QB in the draft, why did you give him an 80 rating?

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Sun May 31, 2015 8:57 pm

thegoldendragonx wrote:Winston was the best QB in the draft, why did you give him an 80 rating?

You don't really know how good a QB is until they've played a game. After week 8 (if Winston's the starter), tell me if he's worth an 80 OVR or higher.

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Sun May 31, 2015 9:17 pm

Austinmario13 wrote:
thegoldendragonx wrote:Winston was the best QB in the draft, why did you give him an 80 rating?

You don't really know how good a QB is until they've played a game. After week 1 (if Winston's the starter), tell me if he's worth an 80 OVR or higher.

1 week is too small. Week 4
So the Giants traded Beckham....

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Sun May 31, 2015 10:06 pm

mee wrote:
Austinmario13 wrote:

You don't really know how good a QB is until they've played a game. After week 1 (if Winston's the starter), tell me if he's worth an 80 OVR or higher.

1 week is too small. Week 4

I edited the post to week 8 (half the season).

Return to “Finished Rosters”