Default Madden Roster with hd player portraits + all draft players portraits

Here is where you can find all completed rosters from any year, ranging from fictional to real life!
DarKommi
All-Pro

Postby DarKommi » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:21 pm

Since default roster has low quality portraits I decided to make them look better and withal game would be much more interesting.
Also when playing franchise mode everyone would like to draft players with their original portraits(real life players), not with boring carton faces. All that gave me the idea to make all portraits from 2007 to 2015.This will include 2007 roster and 2008-15 draft classes. It will be a very large file but it surely will be magnificently and enjoyable for sure. Not all of the players are gonna to have portraits, it's all depend on espn site. Only those players who have their portraits on espn site will be in this roster, for the rest i did make one portrait which represent them.

All portraits are done and imported, 2007 roster is ready .. Enjoy!

New Portraits 9.4.2015
Draft Class Portrait ID 9.4.2015

2007 Roster.ros
(2.04 MiB) Downloaded 797 times

Importing draft class portrait ID method:

1. In the offseason, when approach retirement stage, save franchise and close it.
2.Open MRE and load saved franchise, import draft class. Then select draft class or rookies option in upper left corner. Sort players by first name and select option "ascending".
3.Open .txt file that matches with draft class you imported.
4.Copy/Paste one-by-one portrait ID from .txt file to corresponding player.
5. Save franchise file, load in game and enjoy...

Credits:
dawg317, ElectricWarrior, Danchat, TRX, Colt. If I miss someone I apologize.
Without Yours draft classes I certainly would not even think to do this. Thank you!
And big thanks goes to my younger brother, who had downloaded more than half of the League pictures.
He was really speed up this process. :mrgreen:
Rogerjinx: Thank you for being part of this project. You contributed a lot, congratulations!

Every advice or anything else is welcome, do not hesitate.. :D
And if there is mistakes, wrong portraits post it here and I'll make sure to fix it.

I added tutorial in this post, it's easier to find:
This is steps wich I use and it's fastest way for me. I made video for BMP portraits in case that you don't understand something.

How to create HD portraits, BMP method:

1. Open Photoshop and load image.
2. Go to Image/Image Size. Mark Constrain Proportions and set Width to 512, then ok.
3. Press Ctrl+A (select all option) to select image, then ctrl+x to cut image.
4. Again, go to Image Size. Now unmark Constrain Proportions and set Height to 512, ok.
5. Now select brush tool and paint empy image to black(but not really black, I set "0,15,0" dark green).
6. Press ctrl+v to paste portrait. Select Free Transform and set x=195;y=195, Press enter.
7. If you want to change image sharpnes or anything else like I did in the video do it now or leave it as it is.
8. Go to Image/Mode/Indexed color... , Merge layers "OK", under forced option select "custom" and click on first color in palete.
Then select beckground color from image(in this case dark green). Press ok, ok.
9. Now save image as BMP 8bit.

Converting BMP to UNI:

1. Open MUER, go to open uniform, select UNI(this file must be 512x512 if you work with 512x512 images).
Go to Tools then click on Options and chose "Replacement BitMap" option.
Now mark those two options: "Replace corresponding palette with replacement BitMap's Palette and
"Make first color in palette transparent". Press ok.
2. Now select "BitMap to replace" option and find yours BMP image, open it and click
"REPLACE SELECTED BITMAP" and "REPLACE SELECTED BITMAP's PALETTE.
3. Now press ctrl+s or ctrl+shift+s to save or save as uniform.

Importing portrait in .dat file:

1. Open DFR and load UIS_LIB_PLAYER_PORT.dat(my document/Madden NFL 08).
2. By using MRE find out wich portrait ID belong to specific player
exp: R.Lewis portrait ID is 5. In DFR R.Lewis's entry is 7 not 5. Allways add "2" on portrait ID!
3. Click on "entry 7" in DFR(portrait ID + 2 = Entry in DFR). Go to " Select REPLACEMENT FILE" and import your UNI file.
Now click on "REPLACE SELECTED files With the Replacement file" option.
4. Save UIS_LIB_PLAYER_PORT.dat to my documents/Madden NFL 08. Open game and enjoy.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Re: Default Madden Roster with hd player portraits + all draft players portraits

Postby Austinmario13 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:14 pm

I would LOVE to help you make the roster so you can make it faster. I've wanted to do I for years, but never had the time. But with two working together, I could actually do it finally.

mee
Hall of Fame

Re: Default Madden Roster with hd player portraits + all draft players portraits

Postby mee » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:17 pm

There are other sites for headshots ya know...
Isn't 07 the default game?
So the Giants traded Beckham....

DarKommi
All-Pro

Postby DarKommi » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:54 pm

Austinmario13 wrote:I would LOVE to help you make the roster so you can make it faster. I've wanted to do I for years, but never had the time. But with two working together, I could actually do it finally.

All I wanted to do is to add portraits to players, nothing else. But If you think there is something else to do then we can work together.
There is something you need to know. Player portraits ID is changed, I did this because importing is easier this way to me.
Tomorrow I'll add ID's to rest of the player from FA and then I can send you roster file. After that you can do whatever you want with it.

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:26 pm

Those look really good......I am looking forward to your release of this project

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:14 pm

Looks good, hope it works out. :D If you ever decided to include players that aren't on ESPN and have lower quality portraits than you aimed for, feel free to use ones that are in my portrait dump. They aren't perfect, but they are serviceable.

DarKommi
All-Pro

Postby DarKommi » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:17 pm

I started upload, it'll be able for download in 30min.
Someone before post here UIS_LIB_PLAYER_PORT.dat file wich have 8000 portrait lines(all with Romo portrait). I calculated .dat file and it should have around 3000 portraits. So question is, how I can remove rest of lines? 3000-8000 is useless and it just waste memory.

Thank you all for support, it means a lot for me.

NickyJ wrote:Looks good, hope it works out. :D If you ever decided to include players that aren't on ESPN and have lower quality portraits than you aimed for, feel free to use ones that are in my portrait dump. They aren't perfect, but they are serviceable.

I don't think that is a good idea. :D
Surely, I'll not use them, but if someone else is willing to do that, then feel free to use this file.

DarKommi
All-Pro

Postby DarKommi » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:21 pm

Work has been completed, check the first post!

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:22 pm

DarKommi_11 wrote:Credits:
dawg317, ElectricWarrior, Danchat, TRX, Colt. If I miss someone I apologize.

I miss dawg317. He retired in 2012. I don't know him that well, but I made a weird topic about him.

DarKommi
All-Pro

Postby DarKommi » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:05 am

There is some weird problem with draft classes. After editing dc, MRE doesn't want to save progress. It say "save completed" but when I load draft class nothing is changed. :x

Is there other program for draft classes?

EDIT: I find solution, dc must be imported with MRE not open it.. Now it's working

Return to “Finished Rosters”