Bassman58 All Time Franchise Roster

Here is where you can find all completed rosters from any year, ranging from fictional to real life!
bassman58
Rookie

Postby bassman58 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:54 pm

This roster has each franchise's All Time players except the Houston Texans who were not originally included. The roster is based on my knowledge of football history and ratings from Pro-Football-Reference.com's Approximate Value rating, Pro Bowls and Hall of Fame credentials plus games played/started for the organization. I have re-rated many players so you don't have a roster of 99's. Some players, especially linemen, have had their weights/strenghts increased to be competitive with larger modern players. I don't know how the game would use a 215 lb tackle against a 350 lb defensive lineman even if he were a Hall of Famer. Hopefully you will enjoy this roster and learn about the NFL's past.

Bassman58AllTime.ros

Sponsor

Sponsor

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Re: Bassman58 All Time Franchise Roster

Postby Austinmario13 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:27 pm

The game doesn't really mind weight-wize, but I'll definitly check this out later.

delta.n9ne
Rookie

Postby delta.n9ne » Wed May 21, 2014 7:20 pm

PLEASE HELP!!!

I love this roster, so awesome and exactly what I was looking for for a different franchise mode experience. I don't agree with all of the stats, but that doesn't matter, an awesome set. Odd that when the depth charts are reordered, they will put Young over Montana, don't think that should happen...

Unfortunately, I've had a lot of issues with this roster in trying to get things working in Franchise mode.

I used MadWolf to switch the stock teams into the All teams. I kept getting errors when trying to sim past non-controlled games...the teams that seemed to cause this the most were the Jaguars and the Bucs. I did notice that one way to get past (sometimes) is to watch the game (play, with CPU control on both sides). Sometimes I can sim other games, then sim the one that is crashing the game and it will get past.

After a lot of simming every game individually for every week, I made it to the off season and was able to go through all of the signing business. Was able to sim through the preseason, but when it got to the regular season, there were two games at the bottom of the list that were all out of whack.

I had to delete that franchise and attempt to start over. Assuming that perhaps the game was confused by too many options or something, I deleted all other teams except for the ones in Franchise. This acted weird, even though the teams showed up in NZA, it wouldn't populate a schedule.

Strange behavior. Don't know how to fix, would love recommendations. I don't mind doing the work to re-set up the season and share the save file for troubleshooting. Would really like to get this working.

SIDE QUESTION: I was trying to load these ALL teams into a modern roster as alternate teams. Had to export from a MadWolf-edited roster so that they were the defaults, but when I then attempted to import, it gives an error after I am a bit past halfway through. Super annoying, no explanation. Any recommendations/help on that attempt? Wanted the latest roster for the FFX mod to also have the ALL teams from this roster on there. Can't find an editor that will make this easy.

Thank you so much, anyone who can help with any of this...

delta.n9ne
Rookie

Postby delta.n9ne » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:34 am

I have worked through a lot with this roster, and it is 100% franchise friendly with the All-Star rosters for each team *after the first season.

Incredibly fun to play through with draft or the teams as they are.

I am willing to share the version that I have if there is interest out there. I am not a modder, just a fan.

ISSUES:

* During the first season, games featuring the Bucs and Jaguars (at home, as far as I can tell) will usually crash the game if attempted to be simmed through, particularly in pre-season. I get past this by changing the game settings to 1 minute quarters and playing the game on CPU Total Control Simulation. This is the best way to get on with it. If you are fans of these teams, you may check it out for errors for your own smooth play. This doesn't appear to happen if you do a drafted franchise.

* Dated back a few years, missing modern stars. I would be willing to make adjustments to the roster based on suggestions in order to update, based on an educated fan's perspective on current vs historical relevance etc. Example, as a Seahawks fan, I'd add Russell Wilson and remove Jim Zorn. Also, there are some stats that I would personally adjust, such as making Joe Namath a little better, Joe Montana overshadowing Steve Young a bit more, etc, for the sake of gameplay and historical immersion. Scrambling quarterbacks can dominate award season (Michael Vick, etc) over classic all stars that should shine in this setting (Dan Marino).

Please contribute to this topic! This roster could be incredible as a mod, with pictures added etc, if the effort were spent in. The original creator (don't know if he posts here anymore; spoke with on email) has retired from Madden, and I would love to see this expand from the meager transition work I've done! Thank you all...

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:57 am

Is it compatible with the current FF/FI XV?? If so, let it drop, buddy. All-time/historical/hall of fame type rosters are always popular. That's why several of the major sports video games include them in most, if not every issue.....heck, Madden '95 on snes/genesis had a league's worth of throwback squads. Anyways, I know I'd like to snag a copy

*Edit: I apologize, I misunderstood your post. Guess I need to brush up on my reading and comprehension :oops: I thought maybe you had it ready to play. Unfortunately, I lack the skill, ability, and probably the creativity to be of any assistance. Hope it works out the way you want it to 'cause I do want to check it out - good luck

delta.n9ne
Rookie

Postby delta.n9ne » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:25 pm

I have not made many adjustments other than adding modern Seahawks to some of the games I've played. I don't know exactly what the issue is.

I believe I have a save that is at week one. If you truly are interested I can post that where it is. As stated, using the roster with a draft works fine.

Because all of the players are set at year 1, you will find a lot of retirements at the same time, sometimes leaving free agency gaps. But you can use the custom draft classes and edit players/teams for the sake of balance when needed (IE, to cut where teams have hoarded at a particular position).

This is the most incredible roster constructed for the sake of using it in Franchise. The creator didn't necessarily intend it to be that, but there's nothing like it if you are a historically-oriented fan.

I'm not on here much at all. Feel free to contact me at delta.n9ne@gmail.com to get a copy of the roster or franchise file.

Edit: Sorry, didn't answer your question about compatibility. The latest FFX mod is always what I use as a base before doing any further play/rosters/etc. I did switch over to the Rogerjinx set, but I think that's irrelevant as the players (and maybe coaches) are created (avoiding weird pic mixups). You do bring up an interesting point, however...if the roster was made on vanilla Madden or a previous FFX mod, would that cause the crash errors with those teams somehow? (Speaking out loud, again, not a programmer or modder, just speculate that there could be an overlap or altered ID or somesuch. Skyrim likes to do things like that...)

bassman58
Rookie

Postby bassman58 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:04 pm

Here's the roster file if anybody is interested. If anybody wants to update the roster since some current players may replace others or fix franchise issues or even add the Texans please feel free to do so. Any questions, send a PM.

Bassman58AllTime.ros
(2.04 MiB) Downloaded 276 times

Return to “Finished Rosters”