Team Logo Watermark Field Goal Net

Any ideas for mods go here!
MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:03 pm

Has anyone ever attempted to add the home team's logo as a watermark onto the field goal net?

I thought it would be a cool concept!

Also another in-game element I noticed from Madden 08 PC vs Madden 08 PS2 is, on PS2 Madden 08 the field goal net is raised, then lowered before and after PAT's of FG attempts. Why did EA Sports not add that feature to Madden 08 PC?

Sponsor

Sponsor

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Re: Team Logo Watermark Field Goal Net

Postby rogerjinx » Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:34 am

MikeWest502 wrote:Has anyone ever attempted to add the home team's logo as a watermark onto the field goal net?

Also another in-game element I noticed from Madden 08 PC vs Madden 08 PS2 is, on PS2 Madden 08 the field goal net is raised, then lowered before and after PAT's of FG attempts. Why did EA Sports not add that feature to Madden 08 PC?

I dont think it has been done if my memory serves me right. And the net texture I think is used by all teams (not sure though).
As for the net animation, it was also lame for them to take out that feature.

mike9472
MVP

Postby mike9472 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:50 am

The "net texture" isn't even a complete net. It's just 1 square that the game loops to create the net that you see in game. I wanted to add the Allstate hands for my NCAA mod, no luck.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:00 pm

rogerjinx wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:Has anyone ever attempted to add the home team's logo as a watermark onto the field goal net?

I dont think it has been done if my memory serves me right. And the net texture I think is used by all teams (not sure though).
As for the net animation, it was also lame for them to take out that feature.

Ok, I'm going to attempt to do it. My plan is to add each team's logo to FG net and include it in each arena tpf. So when I load each home team's arena tpf the FG net will be of that team during the match!

Also I was able to capture several shoe & glove textures from several teams using texmod. I'm going to try my hand to add the NBA logo to all base gloves and bring some unique shoe concepts to the NBA mod! These will all be tpf based.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:46 pm

mike9472 wrote:The "net texture" isn't even a complete net. It's just 1 square that the game loops to create the net that you see in game. I wanted to add the Allstate hands for my NCAA mod, no luck.

I see what you meant by looping, but wait till you see my first attempt. I... Love... it! :D

Check this out!
Attachments
BKN FG Net V1.png
Booooom!
BKN FG Net V1.png (4.43 MiB) Viewed 2276 times

Return to “Mod Ideas”