Tecmo Super Bowl(NES)

Any ideas for mods go here!
KO'BBF
MVP

Re: Tecmo Super Bowl(NES)

Postby KO'BBF » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:29 pm

Somewhat...I started on a 1990 roster project, using my football cards as player portraits. But I haven't made it very far.
"There are Coaches who spend eighteen hours a day coaching the perfect game, and they lose because the ball is oval and they can't control the bounce." - Bud Grant

Sponsor

Sponsor

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:30 pm

.... and I don't see me finishing that project in the next few years. But if you wanted to take the time I could provide you with everything you need
"There are Coaches who spend eighteen hours a day coaching the perfect game, and they lose because the ball is oval and they can't control the bounce." - Bud Grant

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:39 pm

Well I was going to post https://tecmobowl.org/ but it is shutdown...... Did Rod Woodson create this site....??? anyway there are a few links to other sites

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:56 pm

Well the 1986 roster would be a good start for this mod as far as rosters go and Bo Jackson is in the 1987 draft because apparently Bo Knows Madden....

I have been playing a Heisman 14 mod franchise in which I used a 1986 roster as the base roster for a fantasy draft.... and I am in my third season because this has turned out to be my favorite franchise ever.... I used 1986 for the ACC vs SEC teams and 1996 for the B10 vs P12 teams

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:04 pm

That 1986 roster is the works of Baghdad Bob.

My only challenge with creating a 1990 roster is the time invlovled in creating 1800 players. I also have a lot of scanning to do, to make the player portraits. I have 2 young children :) and a 3rd on the way, plus it's IndyCar season ....

But anyway, I have all of the roster information needed and the research is done, now it's just the actual creation that's holding me back.

But I do encourage you to give it a try. What I do is use nza's editor and just straight up delete every player. Then, in game, I just create every player til the roster is full. I use nza's editor to give the player the exact face I want, or other tweaks. Also to assign the portrait id. It's easy :) it just takes time.

Return to “Mod Ideas”