Rule Changes?

Any ideas for mods go here!
NaruTheBlackSwan
Veteran

Rule Changes?

Postby NaruTheBlackSwan » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:42 am

So, the only thing that ever really bugged me aside from rosters and uniforms (an easy fix) were all of the rule changes that have happened since 2007, and some of the unnecessary rules that appear in franchise mode.

It's pretty easy to find rosters, unis, and playbooks that quickfix Madden 08 into being modern, but my issue are things like being unable to keep more than 10 draft picks at a time in Franchise, not being able to trade future picks, as well as the rookie payscale being out of whack. Additionally, even the newer Maddens which get signing your draft picks mostly correct don't deal with fourth or fifth year options. Classic Maddens also won't let me change players' positions to a position that isn't approved. I can make a quarterback a runningback but not vice versa? I remember playing the PS2 Madden 12 and Armanti Edwards had the throwing stats to actually be developed into a QB in a pinch but you couldn't convert him from WR. There's also the issue of kickoffs not being as they are currently.

So basically, are there any mods which fix the nonsensical rules of the old Maddens, let me change a player's position without issue, and update it for 2018?

Rule Changes?

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Rule Changes?

Postby RevanFan » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:10 am

Calhoupe's scripts update the rules to 2017. They don't allow for free position changes. Though calhoupe did give me a small script for unlocking uniform numbers once.

You can use an external editor, like NZA's Editor v1.3, to edit positions. Just make sure you auto reorder your depth chart inside Madden afterward.

You can have more than 10 draft picks and trade future picks if you do the draft using Madden Amp. A guide for this can be found in NZA's Franchise Guide.

I highly suggest reading the Starting Guide for New Players before doing anything else.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Return to “Mod Ideas”