Commentary for last name suffix i.e. Griffin III, Smith Sr

Any ideas for mods go here!
datmanmadden59x
Pro Bowl

Postby datmanmadden59x » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:01 pm

Hi guys,
I wonder if there was a way for the Al Michaels commentary to call certain players by their last name even if they have a Jr, Sr, II, III, or IV at the end of their names. Currently, if you have a player Robert Griffin III, Al Michaels won't use his name because of the "III" part. On the jersey nameplate it's cool to see "GRIFFIN III." I know if it was just "GRIFFIN" on the nameplate Al Michaels will use his last name. If only someone could edit the game so it ignores Jr, Sr, II, III, or IV at the name and says just "Griffin."

Thanks guys,
DatmanMadden

Sponsor

Sponsor

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Re: Commentary for last name suffix i.e. Griffin III, Smith Sr

Postby JSamuel » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:20 pm

This sounds like something Calhoupe could handle.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:53 pm

JSamuel wrote:This sounds like something Calhoupe could handle.

No it's not. It would require writing and recording new commentary for the game. No way to do it with what's in there, most likely even with someone skilled in audio splicing.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

datmanmadden59x
Pro Bowl

Postby datmanmadden59x » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:46 am

Maybe there is a way where Al Michaels would ignore the suffix i.e. Jr, III and just say the one word last name. The other way could be to attach the name "Griffin" to when Al Michaels sees the name "Griffin III" or say the name "Thomas" when the name is "Thomas III."

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:10 am

datmanmadden59x wrote:Maybe there is a way where Al Michaels would ignore the suffix i.e. Jr, III and just say the one word last name. The other way could be to attach the name "Griffin" to when Al Michaels sees the name "Griffin III" or say the name "Thomas" when the name is "Thomas III."

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Calhoupe could probably change which name the commentator chose to say. That wouldn't require any audio editing.

datmanmadden59x
Pro Bowl

Postby datmanmadden59x » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:13 pm

Hi guys,
I have figured something out. In order for more last names to be said by Al Michaels during gameplay, the suffix of a name needs to be removed i.e. Jr, Sr, II, III, or IV. If we do that to the players last name then their jerseys will not have their complete last name i.e. Griffin III and Thomas III. If we grab the texture and memory number from their names without the suffix, then the suffix can be re-added for their home and away jersey name plates so visually the players will be correct when playing the game and Al Michaels will call them by their last name when they play. It would be big project where the roster you are playing would need to change their last names without a suffix and a tpf file would need to be used each time you played the game.

It would be a big project. I for one won't be able to volunteer.

Dat

Return to “Mod Ideas”