D3DX9 Shader Mod

Any ideas for mods go here!
trey31
Hall of Fame

Re: D3DX9 Shader Mod

Postby trey31 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:48 pm

cyclone2426 wrote:So would/could you do a cooler set for indoor games or is it all working off the same set?

There are about 20 other shaders that I'm not even sure what they do yet. If I had to speculate I'd say #31 is the global objects shader and not indoor/outdoor specific, but I'm not sure if it even applies to fields/crowds/stadiums/etc at all at this point. So far I've only looked at player models and refs.

As for that file, I'll have to look when I get home I forget which filetype that was.

I posted it in post #1 zip. It says "unknown file" if I recall correctly. But I can read portions of it with Notepad++ and it seems to be entirely about bump maps, lighting, lighting direction, refraction strength, etc.
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

Sponsor

Sponsor

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:51 pm

KeepinItTeal wrote:It would be great to find a fix for how player numbers "glow in the dark" whenever a player enters an area on the field that is shaded.

When I deconstructed the ripped madden models I realized that jersey numbers are separate models from the jerseys. I'm not sure why, but they are affected by shader(s) differently than the jerseys/helmets/etc.

Edit: I know why they're different models (so they are layered over the jersey and different "numbers" can be rendered over the same jersey model), I just don't know why they're shaded differently? Maybe because some jersey numbers are slightly reflective and the jersey fabric isn't? Idk yet but after I test the individual shaders separately of one another I might have a better explanation?
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

VirdeeMan
All-Pro

Postby VirdeeMan » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:20 pm

A little off topic, but do you think you can make the sky brighter with this method you found? The vanilla sky is dull and I tried working something out with texmod a while back but no luck.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:33 pm

VirdeeMan wrote:A little off topic, but do you think you can make the sky brighter with this method you found? The vanilla sky is dull and I tried working something out with texmod a while back but no luck.

Possibly? I'm pretty sure it's also the wrong hue as well, by like, a lot.

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby KeepinItTeal » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:52 pm

trey31 wrote:
VirdeeMan wrote:A little off topic, but do you think you can make the sky brighter with this method you found? The vanilla sky is dull and I tried working something out with texmod a while back but no luck.

Yeah the sky in the game is horrible. I tried fixing through TexMod to no avail.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:55 pm

KeepinItTeal wrote:
trey31 wrote:

Yeah the sky in the game is horrible. I tried fixing through TexMod to no avail.

I'll look into it via shaders. But I still think the hue would need changed somewhere.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:13 pm

M08 looks like rain clouds over the ocean or something. Definitely off.

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby KeepinItTeal » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:37 pm

The best sky I've seen in the game is when you play at Philly (which has a different sky for some reason)... see below. But it's still not great.
Attachments
IMG_0135.PNG
IMG_0135.PNG (1.85 MiB) Viewed 1310 times

VirdeeMan
All-Pro

Postby VirdeeMan » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:46 pm

KeepinItTeal wrote:The best sky I've seen in the game is when you play at Philly (which has a different sky for some reason)... see below. But it's still not great.
trey31 wrote:M08 looks like rain clouds over the ocean or something. Definitely off.

I just don't understand how a company as big as EA couldn't even get the color of the sky correctly lol

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:47 pm

KeepinItTeal wrote:The best sky I've seen in the game is when you play at Philly (which has a different sky for some reason)... see below. But it's still not great.

Wow never noticed a difference before.

I'm doing screenshots right now for control and comparison shots. I'll probably post a few in a bit.

Return to “Mod Ideas”