Fewer No-Huddles (1st Half) / Clock Management Settings?

Any ideas for mods go here!
moonbax
MVP

Postby moonbax » Sat May 14, 2016 11:26 am

Some people might see different things depending on their sliders, but there are some teams that use No-Huddle far less than others. Perhaps it's the aggression settings (which I'm leaning toward), perhaps it's something else like the QB's attributes or tendencies, I could not tell you for sure; I can only tell you that I do notice some teams consistently eschewing No-Huddle while others use it as soon as the two-minute warning hits.

The thing is, No-Huddle in this game is totally unrealistic as far as how many plays can be run in a short span of time. When teams use No-Huddle for the entire 2:00 of a two-minute warning it wreaks absolute havoc on the stats, especially # of plays, punts, possessions, etc.

I think there should be far fewer No-Huddle drives in the first half in particular. Because the clock does not accelerate inside the two-minute warning in this game there is already a much increased pace any time within the two-minute warning, but having No-Huddles starting from 2:00 further compounds the issue and takes the game from normal to breakneck pace in a jarring and unrealistic way. I think No-Huddles could instead begin at 1:00 in the first half. This would allow for a MUCH smoother transition period from 2:00 to 1:00 where the pace progressively increases and isn't jarring and un-NFL-like to the viewer.

It would be nice if there was a setting or entry somewhere out there that corresponds to the '2'-minute mark when No-Huddle begins, and that perhaps could be changed to a '1' or something to that effect. Or if there was some way, most likely via a script similar to that Peyton No-Huddle script, that would sort of reverse the effect and give all teams the same clock management strategy/attributes of a team that does not use No-Huddle consistently.

Sponsor

Sponsor

moonbax
MVP

Re: Fewer No-Huddles (1st Half) / Clock Management Settings?

Postby moonbax » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:32 pm

I keep coming back to an Offensive Aggression setting of 53 in coach settings. Anything 51 or above (50 is right at middle) will assign either a "West Coast" or "Ball Control" philosophy of game management to a team (check the player Philosophy tab), but it is not until I play a game where both teams are at least 53 offensive aggression that I begin to notice both teams not using timeouts or going No-Huddle between 2:00 and 1:00 in the first half.

I would need more people to confirm that when both teams are 53 or above there are far fewer No-Huddles in the first half.

Return to “Mod Ideas”