A collection of all finished mods!

Re: Madden NCAA

Sponsor

Sponsor

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:18 pm

There is an update to include NCAA field lines, wider hash marks, at the bottom of the first post.

Sad to see that my UTEP Miners were not one of the 10 teams included in his NCAA 17 Fieldbuilder mod. :lol: just kidding pick6.

This will allow all teams to play in wider hash marks using Calhoupe's NCAA scripts 2.1.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:01 pm

Some thoughts:
The main reason for losing interest in college football was because the exclusion of some (smaller) schools. We see now that so called small schools like Appalachian Stage and Central Michigan can indeed compete with bigger schools but will never get a chance because they have been excluded from competing for the championship. I've said this before but the BCS has created a monopoly on players going to schools. Since only certain schools can compete for the championship these young talented players will only want to attend these selected schools and leave the smaller schools with the less talented players thus guaranteeing the big schools always having an advantage over the small schools.

For me it started before the BCS when BYU always had to fight hard and almost always had to go undefeated to be even consider for the national championship. Then Boise State had to fight as hard which i thought was unfair.

The NCAA should make it more fair like have the bigger schools travel to the smaller schools for games. I know small schools get paid to get blown out but then again the BCS is the reason a school can pay another school to get blown out because the BCS is also the reason why the talented players go to the bigger school of instead going to the smaller school.

In real life dynasties rise and fall but in college the "traditional" schools will always be in play. (Kinda boring to see the same teams competing year after year.)

Goals for this mod:
With any updates I'd like to see that all teams be included not just a selected few. So the next thing I would like to see is dat uniforms for the teams, at least just the home and away teams. Since the Heisman and pick6's NCAA 17 Fieldbuilder are so closely similiar to the NCAA addon, any uniform created for one mod can be used on the other two.

Team rosters i dont expect to finished because not everyone plays with the same teams and teams rosters that are completed by users i hope they can share them.

For now those are my thoughts and goals.

pick6
Hall of Fame

Postby pick6 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:29 am

Interesting! I've only been following college for a couple of years, so I haven't picked up on that yet. Where I'm from, soccerball is the main sport and the dominance in the English Premier League is even more pronounced. There you really only have 3 or 4 teams every year who have a realistic chance of winning out of 38 teams, and every time a Chinese businessman takes over a team, you expect a massive cash injection and the team's fortunes to improve massively (Man City being the case in point!). What I loved about the NFL the most was the fact that the salary cap and draft mean that potentially a poor team can rise again in 4 or 5 years. Big exception to the Premier League was of course 5000/1 outsiders Leicester winning last year, but this is extremely unlikely to happen again any time soon!

For what it's worth with my own spinoff mod, I have absolutely no objection to having lower teams being included, whether they are FBS or FCS teams. I just can't aim to cover 128 teams, or I'll never be able to walk away!

I would also love to see new .dat-based uni's being created, but I kinda feel this is where the well is most likely to run dry. A good litmus test though to test the strength and depth of this community!

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:38 pm

There is an update to upgrade the default's custom teams midfield size to the bigger midfield size (41 yard line to the 41 yard line).

It's in the first post in the download section. There is more info in the Readme.txt file.

*EDIT
With the endzones not being transparent: When the CART field is not blank, the stadium thinks it's from a custom team so the settings that determine the background color of the endzone when you create a team comes to play.

So, extract the STAD table and set all of the stadiums SP24 setting to 3. This tells the stadium to not use a background color. If the CART field is blank the SP24 setting is ignored.

If you guys haven't been able to follow what I'm doing here I will later down the line group everything together and set it out as ServicePack, newer version or patch.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:27 pm

With Calhoupe's NCAA scripts 2.2 to remove the NFL ghost lines this blueprint is close to being finished. This new script requires that the field art look superb so I've added a photoshop midfield template to help create DDS midfields and endzones. (first post)

The template is a generic version of pick6's BETTER MIDFIELDS.

I have actually been enjoying playing this roster since the teams were created randomly it's nice to see small schools beat big schools and I enjoy that. I normally run it without texmod, with the NCAA scripts and when I want to simulate a TV game while I do other things I will run the Madden Superstar utility with the sideline view on.

Since we know how to add custom fields I do have other ideas on how to add custom fields for teams without texmod but texmod is actually the easiest way to mod or to start how to learn how to mod. Checkout pick6's NCAA 17 Fieldbuilder where they are doing amazing things with Texmod.

pick6
Hall of Fame

Postby pick6 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:11 am

elguapo wrote:I have actually been enjoying playing this roster since the teams were created randomly it's nice to see small schools beat big schools and I enjoy that.

Yes, I had the same experience with the Madden-generated teams in my mod! I found I enjoyed having overall weaker players to play with, and the occasional drop made it more realistic! I'd even go as far to say that it forced me to play to my strengths on the team, rather than the style of play I would choose myself most of the time.

I'm kinda miffed now that i didn't stick to my original plan of names and numbers for all teams first, and THEN ratings. I've currently got a roster that has 3 teams rated, and 7 not, and it makes the whole roster feel unfinished. I will happily go back to unrated players for all 10 teams if I have to.

Sorry, getting slightly off-topic here. My point was I'm glad that you also enjoyed playing with unrated players. I think the mod is still very playable like this and I encourage everyone to try it out for themselves!

Thanks again for setting all this up! :D

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:05 pm

...and thank you for your NCAA field lines. I really like how this mod is coming along and how it looks with your field lines and calhoupe's ncaa scripts.

Question pick6. Have you looked into my Madden Ripper Utility? It has the ability to get a college team roster's name, age, height and weight and add it into a madden roster. ratings, appearance will still need editing but at least the names would be correct. I have a video to give you an idea on how to do it.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=10474

pick6
Hall of Fame

Postby pick6 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:08 am

elguapo wrote:Have you looked into my Madden Ripper Utility?

Actually I've never come across that before so I'll definitely check it out. Thanks for the heads up! :D

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:39 pm

I'm planning on puting all of these files and updates into one single file but i want to add other things before i do so.

Somebody is already agreed to update the UNIF table to pre assign team's helmet number location wether it be front back sides and the shoulder/sleeeve number location. Anyone interested in assigning the coach's shirt team color? If you are it's in the TEAM table, TCTX field. Just compare the main 32 NFL teams to assign the closest match.

One of the things i want to do is assign the coach's shirt decal to match the conference they are from since i don't think all 128 teams decals can fit in the dat file.

Remember that these can be used in the other two college mods, the Heisman and Madden NCAA 17 FieldBuilder.

Return to “Finished Mods”