Madden NCAA

A collection of all finished mods!
elguapo
Hall of Fame

Madden NCAA

Postby elguapo » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:41 pm

This is the blue print for a Madden NCAA mod. This blue print can function as an add on for the Heisman 14 or as a stand alone mod.

As an add on for the Heisman 14 and Heisman 14 Add-On you will quickly get the college experience and access to all FBS and FCS teams in a single file. With the Heisman 14 using Texmod, you can create your TPFs to update or to build upon the Heisman 14.

Right now as a stand alone mod everything needs to be created and you can start creating your own dats for the mod.

Testimonial
Spoiler:
While it can be used on its own, that's not really what it was designed for. It's really a framework with all the most important bits already in place, that can be used as a basis to develop further college mods.

Some benefits:
  • It has a new set of really high quality logos that need to be seen to be believed. These have already been inserted into .dat-form, as well as the sliver (penalty) logos!
  • It has all the teams from the two Heisman rosters merged into one, so you can access any of the 128 FBS teams in one roster file.
  • The NFL teams have been left intact in the roster, so that an NCAA franchise could be created by using MadWolf to swap out the NFL teams, and replacing them with 32 NCAA teams of your choice.
  • The (basic) CustomArt uniforms from the Heisman mod have been inserted into .dat-form, meaning you can still load the more detailed Heisman .tpf uniforms in TexMod, and they will work correctly.
  • Most importantly for me, all the necessary requirements are now in place to use my FieldBuilder as well, meaning it is now a cinch to get fields with wider NCAA hashes in-game, that look and play great!! :D

What it doesn't have is an up-to-date roster with real player names or numbers, but that's where the development bit comes in!

However, anyone interested in using their own FieldBuilder/NCAA TrueTurf fields should download and install elguapo's NCAA Add-On, and go from there.

I've given a more detailed explantion of what you need to do in my FieldBuilder thread HERE.

NCAA_Add-On_update1 Add two (separate) endzones to any stadium and use full field placeholders to make custom fields. Replace the FIELDART.dat and STADATA.dat with these ones.
Spoiler:
NCAA AO TURF v1 This is a version of pick6's TrueTurf converted to standard size. Discard previous version and use this one instead.

Track Field Layer This is a Photoshop layer for the NCAA AO TURF v1 PSD file. Add a track field to your football fields.

Related Material(s)
7-zip is a file archiver with a high compression ratio.
uMod v2r49 is the next version of Texmod. uMod Setup (use method 3)
Calhoupe's scripts
NCAA FCS Reference Thread FCS information center. Uniforms by Greya23, Grabursock55 and sarcasticface.
Creating a Franchise Out of Custom Teams Create a franchise from your favorite teams.
Custom Field Art Kit v2 Create custom field art for your team.

NCAA Add-On Setup Tutorial

uMod and Madden NFL 08

Texmod & Calhoupe's Scripts

Do not upload or distribute any of the Heisman 14/Heisman 14 Add-On/Madden NCAA files without prior consent. Only upload or distribute your own TPFs or DAT files.

Madden NCAA

Sponsor

Sponsor

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Re: Madden NCAA

Postby Austinmario13 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:52 pm

Alternatively, we could use the default uniforms of Madden as a substitute for the NCAA ones. That would mean making all of the created team .DAT teams. Doesn't seem hard in concept, but in reality, the challenge will be making the roster stable enough to play. I'm eager to change the players on the roster, but finding ratings will be difficult unless we rely on Madden's custom team rosters.

What we should also do is mess around with the 3D models of the pants. In Training Camp mode, the players don't have the top part of the sock, so I think we should start there.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:21 pm

Yeah, the plan was to convert the teams to dat. I left the main 32 teams to be able to swap them with the NCAA ones so that maybe a franchise could be created.

Once the uniforms are created they can be added to the UNIFORMS.dat file and assigned to the team(s).

The stadiums could be assigned to match Heisman and use Texmod for the stadiums.

For player ratings there is a program in the Madden 04 thread that assigns ratings for players based on their height and weight. With the ratings ripper we could just get the player's name height and weight, create a roster, have that other program assign the ratings based on the info. A lot work cut in half.

I normally like to cut projects in sections, complete that section and move to the other so we will need a plan to do this.

*EDIT
Just noticed the CustomArt dats i bundled are not DEX friendly and I remember changing the stadium name so that might have converted the dat file from dds to bmp, so... make your stadium edits (capacity, indoor/outdoor,roof/open, club seats...etc) before creating the dds customart dats.

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:20 am

Do you think we should add an add-on (another roster) that has the FCS teams?

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:47 am

No and we should omit all the ohio schools from the current roster. Ha ha ha I'm just kidding (or am i?) If you want to create the other roster i mean why not.

One of the things i would like to have on the site is a database for stadiums were we can all use in rosters or mods. I think editing the stadiums in this roster would be a good starting point to create a stadium database.

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:11 pm

elguapo wrote:No and we should omit all the ohio schools from the current roster. Ha ha ha I'm just kidding (or am i?) If you want to create the other roster i mean why not.

One of the things i would like to have on the site is a database for stadiums were we can all use in rosters or mods. I think editing the stadiums in this roster would be a good starting point to create a stadium database.

A stadium database would probably fit better on another website like the wiki page.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:34 am

Clearly not all the stadiums for the teams will be available. So I need help in coming up with a "region stadium" instead. This region stadiums will be used for teams that play in a specific region of the country. For example, a "Rockies Stadium" would be used for teams that play in the rockies region like byu, utah, utah state, colorado, air force,.colorado state and so on. That region stadium would reflect the weather condition of that area.

JelanD43
Veteran

Postby JelanD43 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:22 pm

I dont know how i could help maybe i could do rosters for these teams but i would really like to help

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:23 pm

I started making a few logos. I am through the "A" schools....
So the Giants traded Beckham....

cyclone2426
All-Pro

Postby cyclone2426 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:31 pm

I think your gonna have to go back and rename the CustomArt files by school name, instead of by nickname, because you got a lot of duplicates.

Return to “Finished Mods”