Arena Football Mod

Any ideas for mods go here!
pick6
Hall of Fame

Re: Arena Football Mod

Postby pick6 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:56 pm

mike9472 wrote:As far as I gather, the ghost lines are used to tell the game where the ball is on the field.

I don't think that's correct; they seem to have no effect on ball placement, either in-bounds or out-of-bounds. As slydways has said, their purposes seems to be only visual; without them the white lines in the distance blur away to nothing, so they seem to be there solely to ensure sharp lines are visible further away.

It may be possible to do write a script for Cheat Engine to do something with this, but that would be calhoupe's area.

Great sounding mod though!

Sponsor

Sponsor

mike9472
MVP

Postby mike9472 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:04 pm

Well all I can say is that I made a new grassy turf field and my goal line was slightly off, you could see the ghost line slightly in front of the goal line. The game kept scoring TD's before the ball crossed the goal line. Also, the default turf field's sideline extends into the field of play on one side. This caused some catches to look like they were out of bounds but the game called them in. I lined up the sidelines with the pylons and now the game is making the right call. So as far as I can tell, the ghost lines tell the game where the ball is on the field.

pick6
Hall of Fame

Postby pick6 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:37 pm

mike9472, all of this has been covered before. Check out my TrueTurf thread and FAQ.
Section 3.2 covers the ghost lines, and Section 4.3 covers the out-of-bounds issue (where the pylons define what is in-bounds and what is out-of-bounds). I should point out though that Madden is notoriously inconsistent regarding when the ball crosses the plane of the goal for a TD.

Return to “Mod Ideas”