file placement help for heisman 11

A place for all old random modding threads.
Also, feel free to ask any questions here!
quailrun
Rookie

Postby quailrun » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:07 pm

i don't mean to crosspost, i know i asked this question in a post, but i can't find the post, so i'll ask my question again. i downloaded the heisman 11 mod, but i can't find where i had written down the file directories. i need to know which file directories in the madden 08pc documents file to place each of the .asf and .mmap files.

Sponsor

Sponsor

coventryjets
Pro Bowl

Re: file placement help for heisman 11

Postby coventryjets » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:44 pm

Have you installed the actual mod with MadMod-X?

PittBoss
Veteran

Postby PittBoss » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:05 pm

You shouldn't need to do anything with those yourself. As long as you are following the directions that came with the mod, you only have to point to your Madden folder in your documents and extract. Then use MadMod-X and follow the rest of the instructions, and Presto! Use TexMod to play.

quailrun
Rookie

Postby quailrun » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:45 pm

i'll double-check, but i thought the instructions on the heisman 11 mod said to use madmodx and extract into the various folders. this is frustrating - i used to do the ncaa mods ever since the 2004 pc edition up to about 3 years ago. from then on, it seems like i get crashes all of the time and can't play franchises anymore. it crashes at different stages - sometimes it crashes when i try to edit a team's uniform (ncaa) - sometimes when i try to edit a roster - sometimes during early parts of a game, etc. i've deleted everything, re-installed the game, gone back to various ncaa artwork files, tried current files, etc with the same result. i know i'm probably doing something wrong and i'm pretty sure i'm reading all of the various module instructions correctly. it seems as though the problems started when the .tpf files for the teams are used because i never had any problems with the older files, but now nothing seems to work. i've used madden editor and can edit the teams and players with no problem. i've made sure the depth charts were ok, but sometimes when i'm in the roster or edit part of the game, it will crash randomly during editing players, depth charts, uniforms, stadiums, etc. any help would be greatly appreciated to get to use this game for ncaa again. regarding the above problems, i've done the team swapping in the swapper, made sure they were all checked and shown as custom teams, made sure they showed up in the game screens as replacing the nfl teams, etc. all that seemed to be ok

Return to “Archive + Q&A”