PORC table in DB_Templates_12

A place for all old random modding threads.
Also, feel free to ask any questions here!
Ben75
Pro Bowl

Postby Ben75 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:07 am

I unpacked this file and looked at it when I read a post that it contained the weights assigned to attributes for calculating an OVR rating.

A couple of questions: First, the first two columns are entitled PRDH and PRDL. Anybody know what these mean or how they figure into the calculation? They appear to be upper and lower limits. I assume that P=Player, R=Rating, and H/L=High/Low, but I don't know what the D would stand for. The PRDH value varies by position, ranging from 93 for kickers down to 77 for tight ends, but thte PRDL values are 35 across the board, except for kickers and punters which have 60.

I wanted to edit this file so overall ratings are a little more sane for fullbacks and kickers/punters. It bugs me that FBs so easily shoot up to 99 when making seemingly minor adjustments.

Also, after playing around with these settings I noticed the OVR recalculations are not reflected in NZAs editor or Maddenamp. I am presuming the original formulas are hardcoded into those applications, though I was hoping they grabbed the PORC table from your DB Templates file, but they apparently do not...unless I'm missing something?

Sponsor

Sponsor

dawg317
MVP

Re: PORC table in DB_Templates_12

Postby dawg317 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:55 am

None of the apps use the proper calculations for overall.
"Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble." - John Madden

Ben75
Pro Bowl

Postby Ben75 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:21 pm

After playing around with the numbers and looking at their results, it appears the first two columns affect the distribution of the overall ratings. I'm sure it's more complex than that, but that's the net effect. Pushing the number in the first column down lowers the top limit (less 99s), while pushing the number in the second column down stretches the data out for a wider range.

This worked quite well for me; I was able to get a better distribution of ratings for fullbacks, kickers, and punters by adjusting the weights and these first two columns. The way EA had this set up, you couldn't see much difference between players in these positions because everyone was pushed to the upper limit.

This brings me two a couple of other questions: first, do you know where the weights are kept for the overall team ratings? I looked DB_Templates but didn't see anything that might be it.

Secondly, is there a way to reset the player type (QB pocket vs. balanced vs. scrambler) for an entire roster without actually going to the player edit screen in-game (or setting them manually in NZA's editor)? Do you know of any tables that control these settings?

Thanks

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:37 pm

Am not sure what weight you're pertaining to. But if it is the player's individual weights, you can extract the csv file from the nza editor (column 119). If you want to change the player roles to default meaning none, you can go to Function tab under Player Editor of NZA. On the player roles, click Apply and it wll set all roles to default. In the csv file its value is 45 (Role 2 is column 7 & Role is column 68)

Ben75
Pro Bowl

Postby Ben75 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:02 am

By "weights" I'm referring to the formula that the game uses to calculate the OVR rating for a player. In the PORC table it assigns weights to the player ratings. For example, for WRs, their overall ratings are more of a function of speed and catching ability vs. OL where run and pass blocking ratings are weighted more.

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:54 am

Ben75 wrote:By "weights" I'm referring to the formula that the game uses to calculate the OVR rating for a player. In the PORC table it assigns weights to the player ratings. For example, for WRs, their overall ratings are more of a function of speed and catching ability vs. OL where run and pass blocking ratings are weighted more.

Yes, same problem I have encountered before. I've not focused on that yet. Right now, i'am tinkering with newspaper. Slowly, I have been manipulating the result of the news of each team on what's really happening in the league. I have maintained an updated franchise with correct player stats and game scores since 2007. pretty boring huh? :) Wish you could do something with the stats because Im sick of how EA did it.

Raston
MVP

Postby Raston » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:25 pm

Anything more been learned about the field definitions and what they do? From what I see the other fields list things like PB,RB which is blocking, KA/KP, kick accuracy/power, and so on. So it's listing attributes but what the "W" stands for I don't know unless that is weights. Ben mentioned playing around with the first two columns, what type of figures did you use for your adjustments? Personally I'd like to see less sacks given up and the weight given to less sacks vs. knockdowns.

jedi4hire
All-Pro

Postby jedi4hire » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:38 pm

What are the chances of someone being able to change one of the roster editors to recalculate OVR by looking at the PORC table? Maybe StingRay68 or JDhalfrack?
"Our vegetables are hand tossed through a cascade of water and chopped in mid air"

Browns customer service
Why the browns Don't have a website
they can't string three W's together :cry:

When the Browns win the Super Bowl?
close Madden :roll:

valvegas1
All-Pro

Postby valvegas1 » Sat May 23, 2015 3:37 am

Ben75 wrote:I unpacked this file and looked at it when I read a post that it contained the weights assigned to attributes for calculating an OVR rating.

A couple of questions: First, the first two columns are entitled PRDH and PRDL. Anybody know what these mean or how they figure into the calculation? They appear to be upper and lower limits. I assume that P=Player, R=Rating, and H/L=High/Low, but I don't know what the D would stand for. The PRDH value varies by position, ranging from 93 for kickers down to 77 for tight ends, but thte PRDL values are 35 across the board, except for kickers and punters which have 60.

I wanted to edit this file so overall ratings are a little more sane for fullbacks and kickers/punters. It bugs me that FBs so easily shoot up to 99 when making seemingly minor adjustments.

Also, after playing around with these settings I noticed the OVR recalculations are not reflected in NZAs editor or Maddenamp. I am presuming the original formulas are hardcoded into those applications, though I was hoping they grabbed the PORC table from your DB Templates file, but they apparently do not...unless I'm missing something?

Here's what I do know about this file...yes it does contain the high and low threshold (PRDH & PRDL) for the ratings that are effected...all the categories with W at the end are the weights in which that particular attribute effects the overall of that position...if you download my updated definitions file for the DB_editor it will show you what they all mean...I can also give you a general guideline of how each number within the weights will effect the overall...

So basically here is what i know about the numbers used for weights...if you see 0.5 it mean that it will take roughly a +15 rating increase to create a +1 in overall increase...if you see 1.0 you get roughly a 10/1 ratio of rating/overall increase...1.5 = roughly a 5/1 rating/overall increase...

Those are the ones i know to be very accurate...after that the 2.0, 2.5, 3.0, 3.5 & 4.0 get very wacky in the distribution but mostly range between 1.5/1 and 2.5/1...But they make absolutely no sense...2.0 = 1.88/1, 3.0 = 2.36/1, 3.5 = 2.0/1 and 4.0 = 1.77/1...this i find to be very wierd...i found these numbers by changing only one rating at a time and leaving the rest at 50...BUT...

When adjusting one rating the ratio is effected by the number in other rating that effects overall...so say with a 4.0 weight on a QB's throwing accuracy and a 3 in the awareness weight...if the QB's awareness is at 50 you get a 2.23/1 effect from throwing accuracy, and if awareness is at 60 you get a 1.78/1 effect from THA, if awareness is at 70 you only get a 1.75/1 ratio of effect from THA...at 80, 90 or 99 it's at 1.76/1, at 20 awr its a1.46/1 ratio and at 30 awr it's 1.74/1...the nubers overall are just wacky and wierd to me and it makes no sense especially since there's no rhyme or reason for the way it work's

So all the rating that hold weight on the overall will have an effect on the ratio given by other ratings that hold weight...But I don't really have the time or the patients to figure out how and why they effect each other...Hope this helps you

StingRay68
Hall of Fame

Postby StingRay68 » Sat May 23, 2015 10:04 am

Vegas, I looked at the PORC table while having coffee this morning. There's nothing wacky going on here, it's just math.

You have the position high value (PRDH) and low value (PRDL)

1) Add up the total values in each row (do not include prdh, prdl or ppos obviously) This is the "total weight" I guess you might call it

2) Each point of weight = PRDH/Total weight

3) For each rating in this table its max value = step 2 * weight for that rating

4) Madden bases ratings on high value being 99 (or some cases 100) but 50 is considered 0 for getting a players overall.
so the actual overall portion for this table is step 3 / 50

5) Actual player's rating - 50 * value from step 4 give the portion of the overall for that particular rating

Example "QB"
1) total weight 4 + 3.5 + 3.0 + 1.5 + .5 + .5 + .5 = 13.5
2) 89/13.5 = approx 6.59 (I'm just using 2 decimal places for example)
3) table's Throw accuracy weight 4 * 6.59 = 26.36
4) 26.36/50 = .53
5) overall portion for QB THA rating You take QB's (THA-50) * value from step 4
So if player has 95 THA (95-50) * .53 = 23.85 added to players overall

Since the minimum value is set at either 35 or 60 based on players position. Then you would add 35 or 60 to the total after adding up all the ratings used for overall.

Madden amp didnt account for injury being part of overalll, and tried to make up for the discrepancy by adding differing amounts to the minimums. I will look into fixing the overall calculator for madden amp.

Return to “Archive + Q&A”