PORC table in DB_Templates_12

A place for all old random modding threads.
Also, feel free to ask any questions here!
Raston
MVP

Re: PORC table in DB_Templates_12

Postby Raston » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:07 pm

I think probably another important thing to look into is how the rookie class each year generated by AI has unreasonably high stats. My area of interest and most time spent is in the QB's ratings.

An example of unreasonable high ratings by AI for rookies would be the ratings given by EA for their rookie QB's start of season. Blake Bortles at start of 2014 year had an AWE of 59 and THA of 80. Many of the rookie QB's drafted lower than #1 second year of Franchise average at or above 64 AWE and a 88 THA. For the #1 drafted QB you can see AWE's around 70 or above and a THA of 90+. There aren't any 2nd, 3rd, or 4th yr. QB's, or even many big name QB's with THA's at or above 90. I can count on one hand how many veteran QB's have a THP of 90 or more. I'm the one who gives the veteran QB's higher AWE and THA's to compensate for Madden 08.

Sponsor

Sponsor

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:24 am

Hi,

Latest attachment doesnt work anymore due to the recent hacking. Would love to see the edited PORC table and compare it to mine. I have been altering it too and managed to trim down the ratings of FB and TE when applying Madden 16 ratings. Ratings now between Madden 08 and 16 are close too.

moonbax
MVP

Postby moonbax » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:29 pm

This is absolutely fascinating.

So it sounds like there isn't necessarily a set of Madden ratings that "work best" with M08, it is just a matter of adjusting the info in DB Templates to suit a particular set of Madden ratings. I think that's what roger mentioned he is trying to do.

Anyone made any adjustments to this that improved the relative performance of QBs in particular? Sounds like that could be what I've been interested in. And to defensive players as well. I think ratings for TEs, WRs, K, P, and backs are not the ones that I have had real issues with, it's QBs (too low) and defensive players (too high) that I've tried to tweak for so long, largely unsuccessfully.

JordanLoveIsMyHomie
Veteran

Postby JordanLoveIsMyHomie » Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:43 pm

rogerjinx wrote:Hi,

Latest attachment doesnt work anymore due to the recent hacking. Would love to see the edited PORC table and compare it to mine. I have been altering it too and managed to trim down the ratings of FB and TE when applying Madden 16 ratings. Ratings now between Madden 08 and 16 are close too.

Any chance you were able to find a recent copy of this PORC Table? I'm tyring to figure out how to even get to this table. Tried using a couple different DB Editors but I'm not able to find it.

Return to “Archive + Q&A”