PORC table in DB_Templates_12

A place for all old random modding threads.
Also, feel free to ask any questions here!
valvegas1
All-Pro

Re: PORC table in DB_Templates_12

Postby valvegas1 » Wed May 27, 2015 12:09 pm

StingRay68 wrote:
That isnt right either. If player had all 35s he would be basically 0 and raising one rating to say 50 should raise his OVR, it doesn't. Which means at 35 these ratings are negative.
They are all based on 50 being the median or adding 0 to ovr.

I think I know what's going on with them now, give me a couple days to make sure it works with what the table shows, and I will explain how this works and why when you change the table you get varying results.

Is it possible that the high/low is changing the median...wouldn't the median only be 50 is the high/low is set to 99/0...i would think that if those really are high/low rating thresholds then they would impact the median number...the default qb is 89/35 so the median would be 62...when i changed it to 83/35 all the qbs overalls went up 3 points...and guess what else happens, the median number goes from 62 to 59...3 point change....so i assume that to be the co-relation with the changes

Sponsor

Sponsor

StingRay68
Hall of Fame

Postby StingRay68 » Wed May 27, 2015 2:07 pm

valvegas1 wrote:Is it possible that the high/low is changing the median...wouldn't the median only be 50 is the high/low is set to 99/0...i would think that if those really are high/low rating thresholds then they would impact the median number...the default qb is 89/35 so the median would be 62...when i changed it to 83/35 all the qbs overalls went up 3 points...and guess what else happens, the median number goes from 62 to 59...3 point change....so i assume that to be the co-relation with the changes

Ok, will look it over. These OVRs are starting to irritate me lol

StingRay68
Hall of Fame

Postby StingRay68 » Thu May 28, 2015 4:50 pm

We can get ovr close to what madden has by using an external number that we divide the weights in the table by.
For QBs we were using 7. Problem is that the number isnt in the table and this method doesnt work well for other positions.
We would need to plug in different numbers for each position and ovrs may be off by a significant amount depending on the player position.

Ok, so let's forget all that and consider the table values and nothing else.

The prdh and prdl fields, I think this may be "designated" high and low
Anyway those are related to player ovr, if you change all players skill ratings to the high number you will get 99 ovr
changing them to the low number doesnt give you 0, I think the lowest the ovr will go is 12.
When you change the skills to the median value, player will be 50 ovr (at least this worked with QB and HB when i tried it)

We know that Highest value for ovr is 99, and ratings for each skill are based on 0-99, so 50 is the median. Lower than that would be negative and higher would be positive.

For QB, the PORC table shows high as 89 and low as 35. Again, with the QB, if all the skills that go into calculating the OVR are 89, then his OVR will be 99.

Here our median is 62 (89+35)/2
Our range here is (54) 35 to 89 (not 0-99)

Usually to get ovr per point you would have 99/89, but here we don't have range of 89.
So to get value per point 99/ (89-35)

you would multiply that per point value by the table's weight for the desired skill and divide by total weight (not including injury).

That is your per point OVR value for each point of the player's corresponding skill.

QB from above would start with OVR of 50, then get the per point value above and multiply by his skill rating -62. Anything above 62 is positive, anything below 62 is negative.

So final formula for calculating OVR with the PORC table
Player OVR = 50 +
each required rating from PORC table:
99 / (PRDH-PRDL) * rating weight/totalweight (not including injury) = per point value
(Player's rating - median of PRDH and PRDL) * per point value

I plugged this into madden amp and the results are pretty accurate. I went through 100 or so players and there are a handful that are off by 1pt or so, but it is already more accurate that it was before. Will check at some point and see if it can't be fixed with rounding, as I haven't included that into the calculations yet.

valvegas1
All-Pro

Postby valvegas1 » Fri May 29, 2015 9:19 am

StingRay68 wrote:I plugged this into madden amp and the results are pretty accurate. I went through 100 or so players and there are a handful that are off by 1pt or so, but it is already more accurate that it was before. Will check at some point and see if it can't be fixed with rounding, as I haven't included that into the calculations yet.

This is great...I've tested it on a handful of players from every position and it's right on or +/- 1 either way...this is close enough for me since my main goal of this is to make the weights of ratings a little more true to life and create a lot more diversity between overalls...I personally don't like having 50 or more 99 ovr players in a franchise withing 5 years...and half the league ends up over 85...personally I don't think any player should be a 99 unless they are considered top ten all time at there position...THANK YOU FOR FIGURING THIS OUT STINGRAY68...MUCH APPRECIATED...also here is a copy of my revamped PORC table...I will likely continue to make tweaks to it in the future to fine tune it but this is what I got so far
Attachments
DB_TEMPLATES.dat.File00012 - PORC.rar
(462 Bytes) Downloaded 88 times

Raston
MVP

Postby Raston » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:58 am

valvegas1 wrote:
StingRay68 wrote:I plugged this into madden amp and the results are pretty accurate. I went through 100 or so players and there are a handful that are off by 1pt or so, but it is already more accurate that it was before. Will check at some point and see if it can't be fixed with rounding, as I haven't included that into the calculations yet.

This is great...I've tested it on a handful of players from every position and it's right on or +/- 1 either way...this is close enough for me since my main goal of this is to make the weights of ratings a little more true to life and create a lot more diversity between overalls...I personally don't like having 50 or more 99 ovr players in a franchise withing 5 years...and half the league ends up over 85...personally I don't think any player should be a 99 unless they are considered top ten all time at there position...THANK YOU FOR FIGURING THIS OUT STINGRAY68...MUCH APPRECIATED...also here is a copy of my revamped PORC table...I will likely continue to make tweaks to it in the future to fine tune it but this is what I got so far

I put your table in the FF-FI XV mod db-templates and ran a sim into rookie signings. I saw a small change in overall ratings but didn't see much change in those players reaching 99. The AI generated rookies still showed exceptional stats compared to the ratings EA gives their rookies start of season. I use one progression update end of season.

valvegas1
All-Pro

Postby valvegas1 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:43 pm

Raston wrote:
valvegas1 wrote:

I put your table in the FF-FI XV mod db-templates and ran a sim into rookie signings. I saw a small change in overall ratings but didn't see much change in those players reaching 99. The AI generated rookies still showed exceptional stats compared to the ratings EA gives their rookies start of season. I use one progression update end of season.

The reason for this is because if you just jump right into a franchise madden doesn't automatically update all overalls to the new numbers...you have to go through several progression periods to see all the changes because in a franchise the overall will never change unless there is a change to a rating...so in other words in a franchise every player needs to progress/regress in order for there overall rating to update...the only way i know of right now to see all the changes is to go into the player manager in madden and enter like you are going to edit ratings then just back out and the overall rating will change...AMP and NZA both will calculate them wrong at the moment...although stingray is working on getting this into amp so soon we will have that

EDIT: that plus the fact that i made a boo-boo and uploaded the wrong one...that was the original unedited one...here's the new recalculated one...lol sorry bout that
Attachments
00012-DB_TEMPLATES.dat.File00012 - PORC.rar
(430 Bytes) Downloaded 85 times

Raston
MVP

Postby Raston » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:33 pm

Ok, one question first, when I input the porc table do I transfer named as is? Want to verify because it did input different figures in the table than original. Anyway I ran a Franchise sim and end of first season I'd say 10 or more of your well known QB's were cut. I didn't look at the other positions because when I looked at the overalls they'd dropped by up to 10 points. So I thought I'd see what effect it would have on the roster if I just double clicked on players which sometimes will change the overall because editing with Nza and was surprised at the drops of player overalls. Most player overalls dropped by 10 points. Many back-up QB's had ratings in the 50's. I compared the Bears' Brandon Marshall EA's last rating vs the changed overall and it was off by 5 points low. This might explain the unreasonable mass cuts of players in Franchise. Aaron Rodgers who was rated 98 end of year is rated 92 now.

valvegas1
All-Pro

Postby valvegas1 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:30 am

Raston wrote:Ok, one question first, when I input the porc table do I transfer named as is? Want to verify because it did input different figures in the table than original. Anyway I ran a Franchise sim and end of first season I'd say 10 or more of your well known QB's were cut. I didn't look at the other positions because when I looked at the overalls they'd dropped by up to 10 points. So I thought I'd see what effect it would have on the roster if I just double clicked on players which sometimes will change the overall because editing with Nza and was surprised at the drops of player overalls. Most player overalls dropped by 10 points. Many back-up QB's had ratings in the 50's. I compared the Bears' Brandon Marshall EA's last rating vs the changed overall and it was off by 5 points low. This might explain the unreasonable mass cuts of players in Franchise. Aaron Rodgers who was rated 98 end of year is rated 92 now.
This WAD...The idea behind recalculating the weights is to make the things that truly are important to positions actually have the correct weight ( like speed for QB's holding too much weight in the overall)....the reason QB's dropped so much is because speed no longer matter much anymore so now the guys that depended on speed like mike vick aren't considered "elite" just cause they are fast...i have it set up so that it requires either having an "elite" arm (peyton manning) or a well rounded set of skills (donovan mcnabb) to be rated in the high 80's or 90's...also awareness never mattered much for QB's in overall calculation and i made it matter significantly more for QB's and a little more for every other position...this is part of the reason you are now seeing QB's that used to be a 75-80 now being 65-70...because either their speed isn't helping boost there overall so much or their awareness was low and now it's hurting them to have low awareness...ALL IN ALL overall rating doesn't mean much of anything in franchise other than the contract they sign (which I'm still testing for accuracy) should be more realistic and whether they get locked in position battles in pre-season...this is basically the logic i use for all positions...and i am still testing and recalculating things every day but the main goals are the contracts and using proper rating weights

Raston
MVP

Postby Raston » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:02 pm

There are some advantages to your calculations but I'm concerned with how the AI perceives value and whether to keep or release a player. There shouldn't be the amount of cuts per position that I'm seeing so there will have to be a calculation found and adjusted regarding that if possible. Since I don't control all teams in my Franchise I would guess that the other teams will be cutting players in mass and that wouldn't be accurate. This brings up another issue where after 2nd season and final FA draft the FA pool will be reduced. If we have a larger group of players in FA than usual the lower rated players will be removed by AI. I'm not sure how that will effect the pool. It could cause the FA pool for K's and P's to be almost nil and could stop or crash game later. As far as all things equal it probably doesn't matter what the player's overall is since the base stats haven't changed for players.

It will require time to level each player in the roster first then I can load and try a few seasons of Franchise to see the results. Also, what would need to be done is re-rate players adding back the stats I lowered to get players close to Madden 08 rating format. If I put in the exact stats that EA had for 2014 it would probably raise some of the players. Most updates would be increasing tackle and catch for defense so it could decrease rushing yds. significantly and increase INT's for LB's.

valvegas1
All-Pro

Postby valvegas1 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:16 am

Yeah i hear ya...to be honest this is all new discovery and is going to be tested in all aspects of the game and when i am sure everything is balanced and stable then it''ll be ready for mainstream use...but i did want to put it out there for people to test and get there opinions on it and hopefully (as you did) get some helpful feedback...i have started to test in franchise and have gone through the first off-season so far but that's it and while i did notice a large increase in teams making QB changes i didn't really see much change in the rest of the positions...there was a lot of backups beings swapped around but i also have been playing with the method of forcing all teams to skip the first free agency in order to get better draft results...but all in all it's not much different then base madden game...shortly before this discovery i was doing a franchise were in the first year peyton manning and tom brady were both released into free agency in the first off season...i see this type of behavior out of this game all the time...i don't think it really takes overall ratings into account much when it determines who to release and who not to...i think it's more or less age and salary used to determine who to boot when cap room is needed...

Return to “Archive + Q&A”